Director’s Take – Looking Ahead To Season 4

Director’s Take – Looking Ahead To Season 4

Game Director Aaron Keller is back with new thoughts about Overwatch 2’s latest hero and more.

View Full Article

15 Likes

Nothing about Sidewalk Piglet, for anyone who cares about that.

The only new thing is that the Star Wars mode with have PvE elements and if it is received well, they will expand on the story and potentially more modes such as this.

The Pride section is a teaser of a teaser.

6 Likes

Put the new mode in comp and remove push. for ever.
ty

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to Season 4, and where Lifeweaver ends up in the meta.

The Archives missions were design and technology testbeds to allow us to start creating the upcoming Story Missions for Overwatch 2. I’d love for us to think of Starwatch in the same way; the first step into something bigger and more ambitious that we could be doing for the future.

If you guys use Archives mission (which didn’t make a return next season btw) as a testbed for the story missions, then:

:clap:WHERE :clap:IS :clap:THE :clap:PVE :clap: NEWS?

18 Likes

Can’t believe I said yesterday maybe we’re getting a PvP with PvE stuff in it. I was right :clap:

2 Likes

Let’s see where this goes.

This looks like great news…

:+1:

1 Like

Teamwork—including depending on and trusting your allies—is crucial to Overwatch combat

That is the biggest problem. There is no initiative for people to work as a team if they are not credited for the things they do in a match.
It doesn’t matter how hard you try if you lose the match anyway and troll abilities aren’t helping the situation either.

but we’ll be shooting to release roughly 2 Supports to every 1 Damage and Tank hero.

have you not yet seen that you are losing the tank playerbase just like OW1? What is next? Deleting the tank class?

Starwatch is that it introduces some PvE elements into a PvP match.

Sounds interesting, go on.

We would not only like Overwatch to reflect that, but we want players to be able to see a part of themselves in our game. To have it showcase who they are.

This affects a specific group of people that is not me.

6 Likes

season 4 looks neat :+1:

It is really hard to take your “Pride” stuff seriously when you guys just settled a 50+ million dollar lawsuit for rampant discrimination. You do not seem genuine at all with this

16 Likes

Star pvp pve is fine but i want full pve
Give us archieves please

2 Likes

You’d think there’s a difference between Team 4 Overwatch developers, where I’ve never seen a negative workplace treatment statement ever, and only seen positive statements.

Versus Bobby Kotick and friends upper management at ActiBliz Corporate.

And if anything, looks like by the end of the month every country besides the USA is going to approve Microsoft taking over the company and swapping out all the upper management.
And a private version of the US FTC lawsuit already lost in court.

5 Likes

Blizzard is literally being sued AGAIN right now by the US Department of Justice for actions by the Overwatch division to deliberately artificially lower OWL player salaries and then lying about it. They discriminated against certain teams from non-NA regions and colluded to keep non-NA regions salaries lower than expected. They are unethical and deceptive in labor practices and the people involved work directly with AK.

Are you going to say: “well that’s not the developers so this Pride stuff isn’t fake”? At what point do we realize that the whole organization is corrupt? You can’t keep slicing it down into little segments and saying “well Blizzard is sick but NOT this department” - it starts sounding ridiculous.

4 Likes

I’m going to say that it’s immoral and intentionally dishonest to not differentiate the Overwatch team from ActiBliz upper management.

And that there’s not really much point of virtue signaling, if you have to be immoral to do it.

5 Likes

I am not. How do you feel that unethical actions by the Overwatch team has led to a lawsuit by the largest federal branch of justice in NA or EU? That’s happening right now.

I think Lina Khan is specifically making an arbitrary and inconsistent example of Blizzard, when she doesn’t have a leg to stand on legally.

She’s just ego tripping for no particular reason.

Meanwhile other similar vertical mergers pass through the FTC recently with barely any review at all.

As for UK, it’s very likely that that whole thing is done and over with sometime in the next 1-2 weeks. It’s already passed the point where UK is officially unconcerned about the merger in regards to Xbox vs PlayStation.

I sure love companies with the worst reputations for sexual assault among employees and general employee abuse cynically using lgbt pride to try and wash their reputations. You have multiple lgbt former employees that have come out against the company for serial bigotry and internal harassment and yet still do this pink washing. The support rings completely hollow.

7 Likes

I’m talking about the antitrust suit caused by actions of the Overwatch team. This is very indicative that the Overwatch is corrupt and deceptive as well as Blizzard as a whole, which makes sense.

So my speculations might have been correct. These new game modes are tests to see what Overwatch PvP arcade would be like if rest player could use their PvE talents!
“The Archives missions were design and technology testbeds to allow us to start creating the upcoming Story Missions for Overwatch 2. I’d love for us to think of Starwatch in the same way; the first step into something bigger and more ambitious that we could be doing for the future