7 years, Mercy will continue with the same Hallowen skin

Im not Mercy main btw, just a tank main that happened to equips Mercy pfp

1 Like

Yeah that’s chill, sometimes people just use icons because they like them and not necessarily because they main them

2 Likes

I wonder now which hero has the largest pool of “mains”. Mercy is definitely up there, but I wish we knew the true numbers. Like I wonder if there are more Dva mains than Mercy mains. And are there more Hanzo mains than Genji mains? Who is the ultimate Shimada? Would be interesting to see.

At least between the Shimadas, Genji will always be more popular character and pickrate wise but Hanzo is a lot more competitively viable. Tough call…

1 Like

My gut instinct is that there are more Genjis than Hanzos. I know some people really dig the whole moody, pouting thing but I reckon more people will go, hey, robot ninja. I’m going to be the robot ninja.

I played a few games of OW for the first time in a couple of weeks and I saw a “hey man, can I have Genji please?” in party chat. I don’t see that for Hanzo at the start of a match, personally.

1 Like

OP is the only Mercy player that I see complaining about Mercy’s “lack of skins” so idk where you’re getting this idea that most mercy mains cry nonstop.

Also, how are mercy players “the weakest players” :thinking:

4 Likes

How about we don’t lump everyone together just because of who they enjoy playing?

2 Likes

Because there are maining the easiest hero for a certain reason. You dont OTP Mercy because its fun and exciting, you OTP her because you cant make many mistakes. But I dont want to discuss this again and again and it’s not the right direction of this thread :slight_smile:

I see Reinhardt more often than Dva. I think behind Mercy has to be Ana.

I used to be a masters Widow OTP before I started maining Mercy. I main Mercy because I enjoy supporting my team, and Mercy is the most supporty support. GA is also suuuuper fun.

Mercy’s skill is a distillation of game knowledge. Just because she’s not as mechanical doesn’t mean she takes no skill.

3 Likes

If she’s so easy then why don’t you show us how to one trick her to GM solo queue? I’ll wait

I actually enjoy playing her

Oh yes you can lol, especially in higher SR where you can’t just stand still and simply healbot

Oh nice I didn’t know that

2 Likes

Are you a Mercy OTP like this:

Diamond Boarder
Hero Playtime:
92% Mercy
5% Moira
2% Ana
1% rest

If not, you are not the Mercy OTP who i’ve talked about :slight_smile: Same for Octo24.

I’m not gonna lie this is a pretty bad take

I have a ridiculous amount of hours with Mercy but my second main Ana has a +60% W/R on both QP and Comp, so would you consider me a OTP based on my mercy hours? Lol

Is your whole Playtime about / over 90% Mercy? Then I would say, yes. Everyone likes a hero the most, that’s not the problem, but playing Mercy in almost every situation is a sign that you cant play other heroes effectively enough on your elo.

That’s just incorrect

But how?

I literally have a better winrate with Ana, I just love playing Mercy.

Maybe that’s why I play her a lot?

Anyway, I don’t want to keep detailing this thread so I’ll just stop here :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not. Mercy is only good if you can pocket some good Hitscan or Pharah / Echo. And even then, you lose so much impact when your mate sucks. But Mercy OTPs play her with genji / doom, in brawl, in dive, in everywhere. Just a bad pick.

Dito :slight_smile:

Or Mercy is just fun and not everyone cares to play the other heroes.

Yknow, because it’s a video game and people can chose to main a hero because they like them, and not because they’re the ‘easiest’ or whatever.

Please don’t become the new forum Aria