Overwatch 2 Beta: Week One Developer Blog

Overwatch 2 Beta: Week One Developer Blog

The first week of the Overwatch 2 Beta is behind us—time flies when you’re having fun! The team has been hard at work compiling player feedback, squashing bugs, and gearing up for the mid-cycle patch.

View Full Article

14 Likes

Please buff tank Doomfist

27 Likes

Y’all just need to admit you have no idea what you want to do with Symmetra to be honest.

It feels like a damn punch in the face to anyone who’s played the hero for any substantial period of time

54 Likes

Cool, now we wait for the patch notes

2 Likes

Mostly sounds good.

Though Symmetra needs a full rework instead of number changes and D.Va is in desperate need for some buffs.

22 Likes

I must have missed the fun.

37 Likes

I was hoping there was a section talking about improving Doomfist considering he’s terrible

14 Likes

Calling that the New Mercy change will be worse. Just give us back Beta 1 with a fix to infinite jump.

25 Likes

The fun is for people who tend to not hate everything Blizzard does

9 Likes

There’s a lot of time and effort being put into standardizing Mercy’s movement tech. That’s all well and good, but this can’t be the number one priority regarding Mercy. She needs to be modernized to fit in better with the Overwatch 2 environment that’s supposed to focus on fast paced individual play.

A patch that changes Moira to have more play making potential and Mercy to be mechanically easier will be disappointing and frustrating.

Please consider putting at least some of that effort into looking into the rest of her kit. It needs the attention so much more than GA does.

11 Likes

Our reasoning for some of the other nerfs was that Symmetra is already a statistically strong hero, and we feared these changes alone would push her over the edge.

Citation Needed.

Seriously, it was stated in a past blog post that Symmetra’s statistical winrate as well as her K/D Ratio was skewed by the fact that competitive players were only using her temporarily at the beginning of matches to Teleport their teams forward, maybe defend the first point, then immediately swapping out to another Hero, or otherwise strictly using her on maps in which she excels like Hanamura and Lijang Tower.

So where precisely is she strong? It certainly isn’t her damage output, and considering that’s the role that you’ve stuck her in, that’s precisely where she ought to be statistically strong.

Time is up. Either commit to her being a Damage Hero and given her the necessary buffs to her damage output, or rework her into a Support Hero.

24 Likes

“We expected the changes to Symmetra’s Teleporter and secondary fire projectile speed to be the primary solutions, but we overshadowed these with other nerfs.”

WHY?

“Our reasoning for some of the other nerfs was that Symmetra is already a statistically strong hero, and we feared these changes alone would push her over the edge.”

What does that even mean, and does anyone there even play Sym that you couldn’t tell these were unwise ideas before you broadcast them to the community? I’d like to know why you genuinely thought those nerfs were necessary via your internal playtesting.

16 Likes

R.I.P Mercy, 2016 - 2022, OW1 will always remain in our memories.

8 Likes

So is this patch coming tomorrow? Next week? July 15th? :smile:

Thank you developer team for these fast reactions to the community!

2 Likes

Can we please get a legitimate reason Guardian Angel (the one part of mercy’s kit that is perfectly fine) is getting changes in Ow2? Like I just don’t understand it opposed to changing literally any other ability in her kit which you can make an arguement for on why it’s possibly unhealthy or doesn’t fit into Ow2.

Can we just not?

14 Likes

Nothing for poor Bastion. Doomed to be worse:76 forever now.

1 Like

Zenyatta and Sojourn nerfs, praise the lord.

8 Likes

100% agree with this. I loved this so much. Please give us back the Beta 1 version of Mercy’s GA. It was so amazing and helpful to have the option of zipping around / flying :sob:

4 Likes

Symmetra is already a statistically strong hero

So you’ve just looked at the beta 1 graphs and thought she needed some meaty adjustments but noone even tried to play as her in a normal match to find out what she really needs? I mean she did have the highest winrate in unmirrored matches but that doesn’t mean her damage output is good. Most of these listed changes are quite useless, the tickle beam needs to be removed and the damage nerf to the sec. fire should be reverted.

About Mercy… the guardian angel in OW1 is the best version of it. It requires some practice to get used to it, but it’s the most versatile version of the GA. The fact that it just makes Mercy fly to her target when you press the button and nothing else happens is all right, because you can do all the other types of GA (superjump, slingshot, falling superjump, …) by pressing a combo of buttons.

And although I don’t like playing Doomfist, I feel like he’s quite weak right now in comparison to other tanks and also deserves more attention. Sometimes it almost seems like the Doomfist players are confused by what’s happening around them but that’s just my personal point of view.

6 Likes