As I said before, battlepass is a scam

You really think blizzard will put something good in a 10 bucks battlepass?
My suspicion was right, they will give old skins/remix skins/goodies in the battlepass.
And yet everyone is happy being scammed, congrats sheep, go farm those dailies you paid for!

17 Likes

They have not confirmed what the exact contents of each battle pass will be.

14 Likes

Yeeah, but also, you’re making all that up.

10 each dollars is a LOT of money if enough people buy it - more than enough to pay for an artist to make a high quality skin or 20.

14 Likes

Yeah… But also apparently not. I mean have you seen those OW2 reskins? Almost every single one is a downgrade from the base, generic OW skins, lol. I mean just look at how bad Lucio’s new skin is, lol. Like wow what a downgrade, lol.

4 Likes

I dont see how personal taste is an argument against battlepasses?

10 Likes

Look at the level of details between OW1 skins vs OW2 skins. OW1 skins consistently have more fine details, scuff marks and scratches on armor, stained or peeling paint, etc. OW2 skins are very unrefined, singular flat colors. It is very easy to tell the difference in professionalism and expertise between the two styles.

3 Likes
2 Likes

What is wrong with you exactly? The Premium battle-pass grants access to skins not available to “free”-loaders on free battle-passes, and even they will get access to some new skins… is there some news that says its all old skins for pass holders? No.

Trick of the eye mostly due to the user of the shaders which does a better job of mixing the light across the visual. Turn shaders off and then compare them when and if you can.

How about instead you compare the new Legendaries in the Watchpoint pack for a better idea of quality going forward…

2 Likes

Yeah that’s exactly my thoughts, they look so unnatural and too shiny, feels like they didn’t put enough effort to build something convincing, overwatch team are supposed to be fighting… like there is war and stuff…

Not yet but you’ll see how bad the skins are and made within 5 min or remixed (recycled )skins, keep being milked!

3 Likes

Watch the video I linked, please.

I’m convinced OP is a teenager.

14 Likes

Well, not really - the OW2 skins are bolder, slightly more futuristic, have cleaner edges and are probably easier to see/read ingame due to the higher contrast and flat colors. Adding scuff marks doesnt make a skin better, its a style choice. They may well have intentionally removed them to reduce visual noise.

6 Likes

Yeah too many red flags.

They look more detailed or much cleaner. But at every case its a straight upgrade with smoother and updated textures. If you compare them the current models look washed out. This only supports that the new skins will look a LOT better than the skins we have currently.

4 Likes

If the few new skin designs we’ve seen so far are any indication, not missing anything by not getting battle passes for them.

2 Likes

True and i’m glad its not a big deal

If you said it before, why are you saying it again?

Where did you find out the battle pass contents?

1 Like

Probably because there was AMA yesterday and i felt like sharing my thoughts

A screen from the previous showcase

They’ve already confirmed that those screenshots are just prototype images. One of them showed Hanamura as a payload map…

Most of the UI images contained things that didn’t make sense at all.

5 Likes

OK, why not showing what the real content is then?
They let all the people buy something they don’t know about, congrats blizzard once again