As I said before, battlepass is a scam

It’s probably not completely done. This was the “battle passes will exist” announcement not the “first battlepass showcase” announcement.

That’s usually just how preorders work. People who have trust in the company will pay for it, and skeptics won’t. No harm done.

2 Likes

Yes, I believe they will have one very coveted item only available at the very end of the (premium) battle pass and only obtainable by spending 100+ hours playing over 9 weeks. MAU FTW

I also believe the new mythic skins will be reserved for very high ranked players only, in order to increase booster sales.

My eyes must be getting old, I feel stupid looking at both versions and trying to think what is the superior one when odds are they’re going to be replaced with my already purchased skins in ten minutes of switching over.

The mere fact we are drifting further from “Every thing is obtainable in game” to “most things are obtainable” is depressing. We already dealt with it with the OWL skins, which require tokens or money. Tokens that are only earn able by watching their streams, not playing the game and also fairly buggy in that a lot of the time your not rewarded said tokens despite watching with a linked account.

I also expect the “Free” stuff to be trash, much like the OWL skins, especially the MVP ones to be the best stuff put out. Plus blizzard already had serious trouble making 6-8 skins every few months for an event.

I have serious doubts they can do 30ish skins every new battle pass and have them be any good.

7 Likes

How many games that look like low quality cash grabs have turned out to be good?

We’re complaining because we aren’t stupid. Diablo immortal already ruined what could’ve been a pretty cool game and we’re about to have our next game “immortaled.”

4 Likes

Indeed, that’s sad part of the new trend industry of gaming, make profit no matter what the impacts are first think about players after

You really start to sound like an angry kid… you can buy the BP if it comes out or during the time. No reason to rush things. Also, they might not be ready or want a Wow effect. Just chill a bit.

The problem lies heavily in short term CEO’s and golden parachute severance packages. Most companies really don’t care if theirs exist in 6 months, they care about the current quarter and financial bonuses for hitting certain sales goals.

If the franchise dies, the company goes under or any those problems they can always find more work at another company… because for some reason they always get rehired. OR just walk away with billions of dollars and don’t care.

Yes that’s kinda sad, thanks to Bobby

Apex and Paladins do just fine with their BattlePasses.

Also Diablo Immortal wasn’t even primarily developed by Blizzard. It was primarily made by Netease. Which is pretty notorious for P2W junk.

https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/NetEase

2 Likes

I assure you the skins in OW 2 will look fine and equally detailed. Look at the Legendaries in the Watchpoint pack.

1 Like

If anyone thought that Blizzard would put new stuff in the battle pass, they are rather naive. For a 10$ battlepass you might get 1 new item, rest will be re-coloured things that takes 2 second to develop. They want their profit out of this you know, 90% margin at least. You don’t get that kind of margins by honesty and decency.

Source?

20 chars.

1 Like

Pretty much. They are known for making a lot of P2W game with tons of grinding. After playing their L2R for a few month, I stay away from all mobile games developed by them.

What they are good out is knowing when to release upgrades, so that you don’t notice that you have to spend a lot of $$$ to get the upgrades unless you look at the larger picture. I spent a few hundreds over the course of couple of months on the game, but nothing overboard since I mostly purchase months and monthly bundle pack. Mounts/Pets making up the most of the expenses. I’ve never spend $$ for booster or power-ups in any f2p games. I’ve made powerful +X gears without spending $$$, and my combat power was much higher than my level as a support character. Basically it was higher than DPS player of higher level.

Diablo Immortal is probably their worse take as they made it so obviously scummy on the microtransactions. I expect a lot of it is due to Activision involvement.

How about we stop with the over-exaggerations?

People can complain, but saying stuff like this or what the OP said isn’t helping anyone. It’s actually making legitimate complaints harder to find and easier to ignore.

It doesn’t matter, diablo immortal is still an IP of blizzard, you really think that they didn’t give their permission to do that to their game?

You will be surprise on how much company get away with things. The contracts also include what is allow to be alter by the third-party. The more obvious example of this is in the case of localization of products, where it’s alter so much it is a different story.

Working in a game publishing company and dealing game developer from across the globe, it’s always a case of negotiations and pressuring. If there is no pressure, the other party tends to push things under the rug.

In the case of Diablo Immortal, Activision-Blizzard is sourcing the game to netgames to develop, but Activision-Blizzard is the one that sets the pricing, the rng, etc.

Your suspicion has not been confirmed in any way lmfao. Theyve shown nothing of the first battle pass, what are you even on about?

2 Likes

It depends on what is in it. Some legendary skins will be in it for sure which I’d hardly call a bad thing so long as they are not remixed of course.

If they are willing to do so, they could put the 1 mythic skin per season as the tier 100 reward, however by doing this they would be missing out on an insane amount of money as most people who buy battle passes only spend the $10. It is rare for people to max the pass out to tier 100 immediately.

I still hope the mythic skin is a shop skin because just from a general business standpoint it would not make any money back by being the tier 100 skin on a battle pass. Considering the effort being put into the skin too, I would just think they want to maximize profit on this particular skin.

As for the pass, as I said as long as new legendaries are good or they share a similar and fun theme then it will probably be okay. I also might be in the minority here but I am excited to get little charms for my guns.

The only thing i need confirmation for in the battle pass thst it will give premium currency and enough to get next seasons battle pass

1 Like