Hope you didnt want to get into the BETA

Andy Belford (he/him) :blue_heart: on Twitter: “Still going through my inbox, but I will be closing my DMs again pretty soon. If you’re a content creator and are interested in the #Overwatch2 beta, please take a few moments and fill this out: https://t.co/7otjskAwsH” / Twitter

No word on how many or if actual players are going to be allowed. Guess the “we want a variety of players” was smoke and mirrors

27 Likes

They will probably have “normal” people in the beta, but I still despise how the approval process for “content creators” has privilege over everyone else. It should be the same random sign up process.

51 Likes

Yeah, how come they didn’t have a place where normal players can sign up?

Is it really surprising? If streamer X generates lots of money for Blizzard and player Y logs on once a month, I wouldn’t expect them to shaft the more valuable player.

I mean, I obviously want to get into the beta, and will be sad if some streamer takes my spot. But I can’t really blame Blizzard for doing what generates the most interest in the game.

39 Likes

You’re fearmongering hard here off of nothing.

The entire post is about a blizzard employee extending a few more invitations to the beta to content creators who were not initially invited to the original secret meeting months ago.

Your title and post suggest there was supposed to be a part where they said “Only content creators are being allowed into the beta”…

37 Likes

They do lmao, the official playoverwatch. com sign up page ? Worked fine just for me as a “normal person”

3 Likes

They actually going to have regular people into beta because to make it functional. Content creators will be first in line

I can and I do. They deserve to be called out. No poor tiny indie company sympathy from me. If a billion dollar company can’t afford a few bucks for the goodwill of the people then they get my disrespect.

5 Likes

Talk about an overreaction over nothing.

9 Likes

Don’t be so entitled. Content creators provide something valuable for the Overwatch community, and blizzard as a whole; it’d be silly to not recognize that.

Fortunately, there’s an easy and free solution for you and anyone else who wants what content creators have: become a content creator.

15 Likes

what… on earth are you talking about lol.

3 Likes

You having a meltdown over content creators getting preferential treatment reeks of entitlement. Not sure why I had to spell that out for you; mostly people can understand context clues.

12 Likes

I mean, CC are literally free publicity for the game. They’d be insane to pass up on it. In addition, they’re the ones drumming up interest and chatter about the game the whole time, so they’ve contributed more to OW than a regular player generally. TBH there really aren’t that many CC that anyone should get salty by like…20? 30? individuals getting into what is surely a pretty large group.

2 Likes

You are making some weird assumption. I’m saying having a system be fair and equal is good and you are saying that is entitled. Your conclusion makes no sense based on what was said.

Content creation dedicate their life/job to covering their main game. As if they wouldn’t get access if they wanted it lol… :wink:

Exactly. I have no issue with content creators getting early access to new features/games. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The problem is you aren’t thinking with a business brain. Bliz Community Team would have metrics that they need to achieve and there is a big one, ROI (Return on Investment) which comes into effect where they look at how beneficial the results will be from their time / money / other investment into ventures including but not limited to content creation sponsorship or early BETA key deployments and what they expect / want to achieve from those investments.

There is a real need to generate hype for OW2. That likely includes generating hype through high level content creators, QP creators, Arcade creators etc because the OW player base isn’t just a competitive scene, but multiple scenes that assorted content creators will likely be able to reach, increase exposure of OW2 to players who either haven’t played OW or have given up on the franchise and might encourage them to return.

So the general player base has an opportunity to put into for OW2 BETA access, but from a business perspective, it absolutely makes sense that Bliz would get OW2 keys out to assorted skill / playstyle OW creators to build hype, exposure and awareness.

1 Like

Perhaps you should try reading.

1 Like

reading what? litterally all Andy and jodie have said is there will be a closed beta, only content creators have been talked to so far

The beta announcement, for one.

oh yeah, if you opt in you might receive an invitation god knows when, SOOOO informative

1 Like

I know why they do it. Their businesses decisions don’t matter to me as a consumer and I have no reason to forgive them for something because it makes them more money. Why is that relevant to me or any of us? The point being that me having the opinion that something should be fair is not entitlement. I don’t care about getting anything. I care about fairness.

2 Likes