Hope you didnt want to get into the BETA

Note that this is the comment that I originally replied to:

Eh, it’s not particularly fair to expect companies to throw away their marketing efforts for you.

2 Likes

verbatim,
Q. Will there be any other ways to get into the Closed Beta besides opting-in for a chance to be included through your website?
A.
We will have more to share on Beta access soon. Please stay tuned to our @playoverwatch channels and websites for updates.

oh yeah those updates have been really informative

It would be more fair. That is a fact. I don’t expect them to do it though. That would be a more worthwhile thing for you to say here and you’d actually have a point.

But as long as they go the unfair route that I know and expect them to take they aren’t getting my respect. That’s fine.

1 Like

Fair is relative. Like I was trying to say, it wouldn’t be fair in the long term. You’re thinking short term.

found the blizzard apologist oh yeah "hey everybody you dont matter have fun not playing this game youve been waiting for for 2 years hey but you can watch people play it for 8 more months

1 Like

You aren’t thinking at all as your words don’t make any sense.

Wow, all of a sudden your argument became so much better. Good job buddy.

No, I assure you I’m definitely thinking. Content creators provide marketing. Individual players don’t. That’s the simple fact here.

6 Likes

Huh? You mean you want them to deliberately screw up their game’s marketing in return for… what exactly? “Goodwill” from the extra 100 people who get into the beta, and neglect from the 10,000 people who don’t get to watch it because there aren’t any streamers?

5 Likes

LOL “why should blizzard market to the people who need to buy their game” is the worst argument ive ever heard

You are taking the indefensible position that it would not be more fair for everyone regardless of who they are to have an equal chance. This is simply incorrect regardless of circumstance and isn’t just wrong for video games.

Good thing nobody made that argument then :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I took the position that “fair” is relative, i.e. giving everyone an equal chance is more fair for the individuals, but less fair for the company and would likely result in a worse outcome for everyone overall.

Overwatch 2 needs as much marketing as it can get in order for it to succeed. That is a fact. So by letting content creators share their experiences with their audiences, a much larger amount of people will know about what’s going on with the game than if all those slots had been taken up by forum-goers or Redditors.

5 Likes

litterally your argument, and I quote, “why should blizzard market to you”

We are individuals. Not Blizzard. I’m not even in the same category as Blizzard. There is no comparison between me and them. This is not how the word “fair” should be used. It’s also not even the discussion being had.

Me saying “I think X is good” and you say, “but what about Y” as a rebuttal to why X is actually bad is not an argument.

Firstly, you can’t say “and I quote” and then misquote :man_facepalming:
Secondly, my argument was literally the opposite mate. As I said in my first post here, try reading.

Clearly I am using a broader definition of “fair” than you :+1:
Not to worry, my overall point should have been clear regardless.

4 Likes

I don’t want them to do anything. If they made something that was fair then that would be worth respecting. Since they made something that is unfair due to preferential treatment then they get disrespect.

Knew someone would post AndyB’s Tweet on the forum, completely twisting the context behind it.

6 Likes

oh right clearly you are saying the company should market to the players here

Yes… I clearly am. Again, try reading. I quite literally say that it’s not fair to expect Blizzard to throw away their marketing efforts.

4 Likes

the marketing efforts of marketing to content creators and icing players right right

Giving beta access to content creators who will stream the game to wide audiences etc. is marketing to players… I feel like this is so obvious it doesn’t even need to be pointed out.

4 Likes