6 VS 6 was Peak ow

True, but, I feel that soon they’ll make a 6v6 qp hacked.

3 Likes

So do what they did in season 9? and then you’re also saying to make every tank the same… at what point are we going to acknowledge that 5v5 ain’t gonna work?

2 Likes

You’re obviously a legacy player who’s been playing for a while. You need to take off those rose tinted glasses and see how polished the game is now in ow2

1 Like

you do have an ow1 emulator on the workshop apparently here is a link for their discord if you want to join: https://discord.gg/6Ujy9U9V

nice joke man almost made me laugh, for real tho in an art perspective it is good, but, the balance is still really bad.

3 Likes

The game was indeed great before “SHE” existed wasn’t it?

I liked how there was a price on the base game too. Like the majority of people who bought it did so to play it and not just mess around and ruin other people’s experience. If you did and got your account banned, sure you could pick up another copy, but you also lost out on that initial purchase.

Nowadays what does a ban mean to anyone who doesn’t even buy the overpriced skins? Oh no, banned! Oh well, let me just make another free account then.

I mean, you never had to buy a single lootbox though. As long as you played, and if you enjoyed the game, you’d be earning quite a few of them. I never had to buy a single lootbox for myself, I did buy quite a few for my friends for special occasions like birthdays and holidays etc.

3 Likes

Peak Overwatch was simply what overwatch originally was when it started.
I’d be down even for the last build before we got the whole “battle pass&shop” update.

I’m sick of needing to play “all-roles” matches to gain BattlePass XP, I’m sick of them putting my fav skins in the shop with no feasable way to obtain them, no matter how many thousands of hours I put into the game, i’m just generally sick of the whole thing.

5 Likes

Yeah, I took along break due to the hiatus of content and fact they kept trying to powercreep heroes like McCree, so I didn’t have every skin but before I stopped playing, i basically did, without spending a single penny on lootboxes.

you should watch Samito and Gurus stream, they’re playing 6v6 lobby. Its really fun to watch, they balanced it as well.

4 Likes

yeah peek shooting shileds fallng sleep as goats was played for a year but yeeah peek…

Beneath Master, nobody saw it, because it required brainpower and teamwork to pull off. And it’s power was a direct result of Briggite, who only existed because they refused to nerf Tracer just like they’re doing right now.

They upended the entire game and it’s the usual trash but Tank and support feel worse than ever to play lol

2 Likes

It required a bit of skill, some planning and assessing how to secure a win. It was an epic battle back then, but now it’s just a brainless generic shooter like every other one out there really.

They could have easily tweaked heroes in Ow1, much like they’re constantly doing now. I mean right now there’s basically 5 hero classes, tank, dps, support, healer (heroes like Mercy) and brawler (the tanks that don’t really tank but are beefed up dps).

If you watch or play Ow2 now, it’s just “tanks” playing rock-em-sock-em robots with their counterpart while the rest of the teams just fend for themselves. Even when there was OWL, the matches would usually be mirrored with both teams, it wouldn’t change very often, and that’s for Ow2 as well as Ow1.

Also Ow1 got a GotY Edition, I don’t see that happening anytime soon with Ow2 (GotY or any sort of award).

3 Likes

Even though I liked 6v6 way better, I think it’s not even about that specifically when it comes to describing it as “peak OW”, but simply that the best years of a new franchise are always during the 2-3 first years after release.

I’m sure that if 5v5 was released first, people would consider 6v6 (if it was changed in 2022) a downgrade.

Disclaimer to anyone that might quote my post : Don’t start with the OW1 vs OW2 narrative. It’s always been clear that it’s the same game. OW2 was supposed to be the PVE content and since it’s been scrapped, all we got now is Overwatch in a F2P version, hence why I call it “F2P OW”.

i would pay 80$ again if they made 6 v 6 and no role q

5 Likes

I second this! The stream is pretty fun, and a little reminder that OW can be good again.

If only Blizzard had the courage to do it…

1 Like

Classic Overwatch when?
inb4 ‘you think you do, but you don’t’

3 Likes

It was so good, OWL was dying already and player base went to ruin just 3 years after the release.

Either you agree or disagree, OW2 had more players than OW1 and S9 has the best numbers since OW2 release.
OW2 is the 26 th most played game in the last 24h on Steam.

6v6 is dead and gone.

5v5 was the last breath attempt to revive the game to previous popularity while bringing in new players. Problem is it only worked in the short run to bring new players in and left the long time player base frustrated as with less diversity comes even more of a gaming loop in terms of balancing (ei. counterwatch)

1 Like

Peak overwatch was the time-frame between removing no limits, and adding role queue.