Team comp concept

I have a concept idea that I think will please the overwatch community.
To understand my concept I will have to elaborate on the problems I think exist within the game and the popular Solutions out there.

Currently at all levels of play toxicity amongst players exist for a variety of reasons but most commonly it is team composition disputes or under performance on a role that starts arguments amongst the team and this is where the call for roll queue/clan systems has gained popularity.

I believe Role queue has its own drawbacks with increased queue times just like the systems in world of warcraft and league of legends.
Role queue also does not fix the issue of disputes with performance.
Not to mention that roll Q semi exist in the lfg system already implemented, here in Australia lfg does not get used at all.
Other than these problems I can’t really fault the role queue system but to me it doesn’t solve the underlying issue.

Now that I have slightly touched on the problems existing here is my idea.

My concept is season locked 6 stack teams.

This concept of course would require a six stack Q separate from individual queues.
Teams could have say around 10 players Max on a team but only six can queue at a time, this gives teams a little wiggle room for players that can’t make it.
The reason I’ve kept the numbers at 10 is because of teams with large amounts of members means fewer opponents overall.
Also rewards for teams performance could be exploited with larger amounts of members

Teams would be locked to a season and have no individual SR but rather SR that goes up and down for everyone involved.

I’ve had people tell me queue times would be shocking so maybe they could run the team comp in the off-season that way it would funnel the competitive players into the mode and only running for a short time means that locked isn’t big deal.
Being locked to a team means you are committed to the team and team-based SR means everyone’s in it together.

At the end of the season if a team chooses to stay together they will hold their current place, other than that a new team can be formed after the season ends and you will start from scratch again

Overall I believe that being committed for a whole season is a good step forward for competitive play, it makes competitive play more inline with the overwatch league and who knows there might even be playoff towards the end of the season amongst top teams.

Would love to hear the community’s feedback on this idea and would love to hear any sort of response from Blizzard too x

Back during the early development of Overwatch, the development team tested a Competitive Mode allowing only 6-stacks, internally this was not well received and was rejected. The reaction would be the same today. Realistically, Competitive is taken more seriously by players overall, but it is still the same random matchmaking as in any other game mode. Sorry but enforcing a strick 6-stack only in a registered team format will only result in killing the game overall.

I believe players should be incentivized to group up, but not be required to do so. The only way I can see this happening is by removing any “group priority matchmaking” meaning the game does not deliberately try to put groups of equal number together. This would allow new teams to form and experiment. Successful teams who focus on teamwork (both in coordinated groups and solo queue players) will climb the ladder, where as uncooperative players who don’t learn to synergize with others will fall.

I do think the game has come a long way since early development. In early stages of overwatch they didn’t even plan on doing competitive at all and with the overwatch league being launched I think more players want that level of experience more and more, so my opinion would be that it would be well received.
Being locked to a team for a season just means you will learn and improve together, encouraged team play and discourage toxic behaviour.
most players have enough friends for this to work and all it would take is a new diamond weapon skin incentivize queuing with your friends again and again.
I do however see your reasoning and opinion to be constructive so thank you