5v5 will be good

OW1 already is about that

Large portion doesnt say a specific amount, just a large amount, i personally already know a large-ish amount, most likely theres more.

People dont like when people dont agree with them :frowning:

3 Likes

dont mind everyone here, they are terrified of change, im with you though.

When i tank i like to be in control, having an off tank diminishes that unless you are both 100% on the same page.

1 Like

Right, but really after about after 500 hours or more of looking at the issue of Tanks and Queue Times, I really only saw like 4 types of solutions.

1. 1-2-2
  2. Remove the strong peeling from all non-tank heroes, or make them a Tank
  3. Hulk came up with this one, Free to play, but only for Tank players
  4. If there is 2x Tanks, then some sort of debuff to the Tanks
  5. The one below kinda deals with things
1 Like

I actually liked 1-3-2 when they made tanks feel like raid bosses. Also solved the dps Q times (not completely but it helped). People just dismissed it too quickly without giving a fair shot because it didnt feel like the OW they were used to, instead of just getting used to it eventually.

1-2-2 is the same concept but , they wont make tanks as powerful as they did in 1-3-2.

2 Likes

The problem with 132 is it was just too much DPS spam against the singular tank or supports.

1 Like

Heck, let’s really go down memory lane

Yes, i agree with that. I mean players could have got used to it but I see how some would never have liked it.
But it seemed that the devs were giving heavy thought to implement 1-3-2 and when that didnt pan out 1-2-2 was the next obvious solution that they seemed to have stuck with.
Brought the concept of 1-3-2 but with less problems. (well , yet to be seen, but looks promising imo.)

Heh, more. From February 2020:

They added the locks because they had no dps players, everyone went goats in higher play because tanks were, and still are superior, they defined the meta then and define it now, with 1-2-2 possibly theyre gonna make the game more equal among the roles

How would you have fixed 2cp since they are doing away with that mode.
I have no issues with 2cp but since they are going away. These are my ideas:

1. Have all ultimates reset to 0% after you capture 1st point. So teams cant just steam roll the 2nd point or vise versa with multiple ultimates.

2. A way to make use of the maps without having to redesign the whole map to another game mode is to make them a sort of hybrid. As i explained here…

I’d replace the game mode with a new one.

But a capture then push works too.

More reasons to finally address one shots :relieved:

Doesnt make sense since 2cp maps 2nd points have multiple ways to get to the point and the alternate ways are sometimes more popular than going mid.
Payloads would only make sense to go mid. Plus they already stated that payloads take up too much room in the recent developer video.

edit: pusher bot travels too slow and how would you make it change directions.

Dunno how they would do this, unless Widow gives like a poison effect instead of an instakill.

I would like that.

Make oneshots nearly oneshot and cause bleeding effect that can kill you if you receive no healing soon enough.

Whatever Blizzard does, these things are guaranteed:

• Tanking will feel more meaningful
  • Queues will be better
  • Fights will reset faster (tank dies, you retreat or die, and dont try to push with 1 offtank or something)

That’s 3 good passive effects they get with this change.

Enjoyable for the dps mains. You woudl be singing another song if one of the dps were removed instead of the tanks.

1 Like

Barriers may not even matter. There is so much high ground, so much open space, and so many flank routes on the new maps that tanks may just be almost useless and easy to just avoid and ignore.

I am a flex player, currently playing more tank and support than dps.

Even as tank i hate tank synergies.

checks profile
4 most played are all dps
Nice try anyway.