<500 must be the realistic average SR

???

Throwers and smurfs are 2 different things. Not really sure what you’re trying to point out here.

1 Like

u really cant see it? u cant see what u just typed out? u dont see the logic of what u said? real?

Are you for real? I think you’re misinterpreting what I said lmao.

I said that if somebody wanted to stay and smurf at <500 SR, they would need to throw about 3 games for every win. It’s not worth it to stay that low for most people if your intention is to smurf.

However, people who enjoy throwing, or want to laugh at <500 players, are pretty common in that ELO. Not every thrower is a smurf.

how do they get their in the first place unless they throw games? ur saying there are no smurfs in bronze? i have heard people say there are smurfs at every level. i have seen diamonds say they have smurfs. i just played a game this morning with a 5 stack of smurfs all DPS (poor #6 ditched the first queue he landed in with them and then got paired again very next game). they rushed our spawn and didnt touch the point until we were 99%, then they took it and didnt defend it after.

why would they go there in the first place then? and they dont have to actually be that low to get paired against <500. they only have to be sub 1000 to get in games with <500.

ur toxic attitude towards people having a bad game or people that are not good at this game is exactly why people smurf in the first place, and is a huge reason why nothing is being done about it

Straight up. Boggles my mind. Like they will stand completely still while healing or shooting.

The higher you go, the more coordinated the teams become. At a point it becomes very easy to predict movement of your opponents, and it’s a lot like fighting children again, because they’re all choosing optimal whatever. The highest ranking players broke the mold, so it’s like fighting steam; The lowest ranking players don’t have a mold, so it’s a lot like fighting steam as well.

My suggestion, wait for a half off deal and just start a new account. Play what you’re good at, and stick with your team. You should place gold if you’re even relatively competent.

I never said there were no smurfs in bronze. I said there were more throwers in <500 than smurfs.

Yep, there are smurfs at every level. They’re actually the most common in plat / diamond / masters, because that is where GM players tend to place their new accounts at. I’m in masters and I fight GM / top 500 smurfs all the time. I never said that they don’t exist.

They’ll maybe throw games to 500 SR just to experience what its like, but actually staying there perpetually and smurfing at that low of an ELO isn’t worth it because you can literally earn 50-60 points a game because of PBSR.

:laughing: How do I have a toxic attitude? I’m not sure if you’re even capable of having a discussion about this since this is the 3rd or 4th time that you’ve blatantly misinterpreted something that I’ve said when I’m literally spelling it out for you.

I never said that I laugh at <500 players. I said that there are PEOPLE out there who do. It’s a legitimate reason that people throw games for. And no, laughing at bad players is not why people smurf. People smurf because they like the feeling of beating up lower level players.

this entire post is about the skill discrepancies in bronze. its not uncommon to see someone (especially a duo, but by no means limited to) stomp an entire game of bronze, with a PotG where they flickshot or back-to-back headshot people. PLAYS THAT BRONZE PLAYERS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF.

this post and discussion isnt about people throwing games. but i think we can both safely admit, if there are smurfs in bronze, then they threw games to get there. we are speaking a slightly different language, and its causing friction in our conversation. u think anyone that loses the game for their team is throwing. i dont think someone that is having a poor game is throwing. they arent losing on purpose (they might be upset and not be playing optimally) but they are not throwing, they are having a bad game (or a temper tantrum). but u lump smurfs and people having a bad game together so that its hard to talk about the smurfs at all. which is a cleaver tactic i will admit. in fact its what i see most people do here. they tell people smurfs arent that prevalent, its just bad players. and thats the problem Blizzard faces as well yes/no? they cant tell them apart either. until we get a new word for tilted players, we can never talk clearly about the differences, and we will never be able to solve the smurfing problem.

bbl bby

Most likely, yeah. Throwing is a chore for most of these types of people, though. And what I’m saying is that below 500, no smurf is going to want to have to throw 3 games for every win just to stay there when they can just smurf in higher ELOs and not have to throw as many games.

No, playing badly but still trying to win is not throwing. Throwing is intentional and deliberate.

No, we can talk about smurfs all you like. I didn’t lump them together, I made the statement that below 500 SR, you are more likely to encounter throwers than actual smurfs. They are two completely different things.

There isn’t actually a solution to smurfing, because Blizzard has stated that they don’t actually think smurfing is an issue. The PBSR system does a really good job of getting those smurfs out of low ELOs quickly. That’s why smurfs throw games to stay at low ELO. Throwing is a massive problem with the game though, and is clearly reportable.

1 Like

okay, yes i admit that smurfs dont hang out below 500, but they dont have to be that low to be queued with players less then 500. if their SR is 1k, they can still be grouped with and against players less then 500.

here i have to disagree on the terminology we are using. i have seen in many a game where an angry player will complain, moan, kick and scream the entire way to a victory which i carried them, but inside they want to win. outside they do nothing, and force people to carry them. smurfs throw games cause inside they want to lose, so they can drop rating, but on the outside they make comments like they want to win, and troll people that are playing poorly. i believe tilted players accidentally lose, and that smurfing players deliberately lose. a tilted player will smile after a win, a smurf will curse that he has failed in his attempt to lose.

no, smurfs throw games, bad players just lose them, even if they are the sole reason their team lost. they are not throwing the game. they are just losing cause they dont deserve to win. and THAT is what i mean by u being toxic to other players. u are putting forth the argument that bad players lose games for players that are not as bad. but in reality they held u back for a few minutes. the course of one game. they didnt hold u back ur entire career. its not right to tell people that have a bad game (from emotional instability or any reason) that they are the reason u lost. cause if u were really good enough u could have carried them. only people that are losing to tank SR are to blame.

i dont believe there is any problem that cannot be solved. and i dont care if the rich and powerful people tell me that something isnt a problem. im going to listen to the people that live the problem everyday and believe them first. and you keep saying the same thing that i do. smurfs throw games. throwing games is a problem. (and no its not clearly reportable as u have stated urself, players with poor skills end up losing matches). im so confused how u repeat that statement again and again but dont even see the validity of it when i say it. prolly cause ur profile is private for a reason:

1. ur not as high as u think u should be (which is why ur not proud of how high you are)
  2. u are high SR and dont want to seem like a snob (which means u have no right to give opinions on low elo at all cause your not currently playing there)
  3. ur a smurf urself, and u want the right to do so.

Smurfing, you were smurfed. You would think Blizzard would care enough to do something about it, but they don’t.

1 Like

:joy:

you basically have no hours played. alot of ovrwatch can bee boiled down to how much you actually play. with your amount of hours you would barely undestand how much damage you can recieve from any hero let alone the full benifits and strats within there kits. play more and get better. the game is more about understanding hero interactions then fps mechanics in most cases.