$44.99 monetization

You willing to pay that for a mythic skin?

5 Likes

I would debate paying that for the entire game at this point.

48 Likes

somebody will lol depending on their favorite hero.

6 Likes

No since that’s a game price and almost AAA game price.

18 Likes

It upsets me that someone will drop that type of money for a skin

37 Likes

This right here. Thats exactly why its gonna happen regardless of how many of us dont want that kind of nonsense

13 Likes

In fairness, there was another survey that was selling Mythic skins in a bundle with a bunch of other stuff for $15

4 Likes

Sorry for being a bit out of the loop, but is there something I’m missing here? I know what a mythic skin is, its just I don’t know where $44.99 for one of those skins was pulled from.

Blizzard sent out surveys the other day to some people, and they included a bunch of suggested prices for cosmetics.

2 Likes

Are you kidding me? If this is true, then $44.99 for a skin of any kind, even mythic is ridiculous. At most, I’d pay maybe $10 or $15. But not $44.99. At that point, I’d save the $44.99 for another game. Might as well be, $44.99 isn’t off from $59.99, so I’m just sacrificing nearly a newly launched game for a single skin.

12 Likes

Can you point me in the direction of that $15 survey? Seems significantly more reasonable

1 Like

That’s the price to pay for being f2p

1 Like

It still includes some ridiculous prices for the record ($5 for 5 voicelines :skull:) but the bundle I was talking about is option B in the third image

1 Like

Not so much a price to worry about for me. Its called free-to-play, not pay-to-play. Just sounds like another Blizzard problem for another Blizzard game, as per usual.

I’d understand the Mythic Skins being expensive, especially since Overwatch 2 is pretty much entirely relying on selling cosmetics to keep the game up until the PvE comes out, but i’m just worried about the voice lines and sprays costing more than a dollar lol, they feel like they’d cost a couple cents.

1 Like

I feel like this kind of cosmetics blizzard has to sell them in bundles, i don’t think ppl will buy a voice line separately maybe im wrong

2 Likes

YOU WANT 5$ FOR BLUE, FOR FREAKING BLU!!

-angy joe

2 Likes

Ideally everything should be sold separately. I wouldn’t want to pay for a bundle of voicelines that include voicelines for Genji or junkrat if I’m just interested in Ana’s voicelines.

Bundles tend to throw stuff in that you might not want just to hike up the price for the thing you do want. I like skins. I don’t care about emotes or voicelines or sprays. At all. I’d want to buy Ana skins, but I might not want to pay extra if it comes with voicelines and sprays too. Just give me the skin. Keep the other crap.

3 Likes

Like I said in the $30 thread. A Mythic skin is not a unique concept and exists in other games and in those games the lowest priced versions are at least $60 and sometimes over $100.

If it is a biblical accurate angel skinn for Mercy… Maybe… :eyes: :neutral_face:.

3 Likes