3 Tokens? Really? (Mod Response)

I watched the entire show last night and got 3 tokens for my 6 hours.
Is that a joke?
I’m not alone either, most people seem to have specifically only earned three tokens.

I’m hoping this is a glitch as we’re supposed to be getting 3 tokens per hour, it could be a mistake.
However, be very conscious of the fact that there’s a large portion of viewers who are there entirely to earn OWL points and care little for the league.
We are inflating your viewer-count as you intended.
But without proper recompense, you will lose us, and with the first match day only garnering half the viewers of the previous season, it’s going to hurt.

We’re not going to continue being your human viewbots if you decide to be egregiously stingy with your tokens.

18 Likes

So, you have to watch more than 33 matches, to get one skin.

6 Likes

WyomingMyst posted on multiple different threads that there, as usual, have been technical difficulties. There is something on the OW twitter to this regard as well.

9 Likes

Same here, 5 hs = 3 tokens
Probably today will be fixed to 3 tokens per hour

Ah, just saw the thread:

So I’m guessing they only got it working for the last hour or something?

1 Like

Working twitch rewards? When was that?

9 Likes

Seems so.
Regarding to WyomingMyst’s thread the token-drop is bugged right now and needs some fixing.

So they had issues last season with this. Let’s not fix it. Let’s start another season and wait for the fans to complain than look into the problem again.

10 Likes

so will we be able to earn 3 tokens per hour? or just 3 tokens per stream?

“Working as intended.”

There’s no glitch. There’s a specific revenue stream number attached to having a “glitch” they are already banking on. Being found out is also factored into their revenue calculations which leads into another quantifiable revenue stream.

This only seems to address Twitch, they didn’t drop for the owl website views either.

It’s like one a week, which is fine tbh. There’s also the random chance at 100 tokens after each map.

Should I watch them on Twitch or the Overwatchleague website?

Then don’t be greedy and only have OWL running to get your free things. This is a classic r/beggarschoosers situation. Either you take what you get or you click out and live without it.

2 Likes

Thanks but I think I’ll do whatever I please with my bandwidth.
Also, thats not even what the subreddit is called, not even close.

This is not a mutual relationship, OWL needs our views a lot more than I need their skins, if they mess up their end of the bargain they lose out, if their systems don’t work i’m going to call them out on it, like any self-respecting human being.

I’m not going to be their PR department for free, i dont understand why you feel the need to be.

5 Likes

That doesn’t change what I meant.

1 Like

Who would even consider that a sound investment in time? Just for a single recolor?

Might as well buy a 100 token pack with cash and be done with it if you want a specific skin.

1 Like

Just like the rest of the game

1 Like

Curious, I “watched” OWL for less two hours and I got 3 tokens too.