3 reasons why mass rez was GOOD for the game

I can be a bit ridiculous now, but I think Mercy need like 55hp/s for making her in the right spot. Just that. A little Buff.

Almost no one likes her. Surveys, polls, streamers and youtubers have stated the same thing over and over, and I’m talking now about even Stylosa and YourOverwatch. She has 5% pickrate, so she is incredibly underwhelming. Even Ark has said that he refuses to touch her in this state, even with her “buffs”.

Hahahahaha, underwhelming with pickrates around 5% with hide and rez being mandatory, being a brainless but weak hybrid target intermittently mobile off support focused on boost/dps/rez (by letting people to die and rezzing them from behind a wall) it’s healthy. Of course, you got it. (sarcasm over 9000).

That could be a fair adjustment but she will still have the same problems because she is bad design yet. She needs a rework.

1 Like

I didn’t feel why Mercy have a bad design, I’m a Bastion main since season 1 and when I see a bad design, I really see it i think.

Can you quickly explain why Mercy have a bad design now ?

Plenty who do.

Aah the Mercy poll that was taken under Mercy players who don’t like her current state, of course the results of that will be against current Mercy.

Please share source and results.

Source?

Both were talking how she might be overnerfed at the moment the posted the videos, which at that point she was. Hence we got changes.

Source, because the source I know don’t show this.

https://masteroverwatch.com/heroes Most popular with 8.75%

Hero Statistics - Overbuff - Overwatch 2 Statistics 3rd support with 13.69 in the support tab

Source? Because the last thing Ark said about Mercy was April this year.

Not sure what this is, but that has zero correlation to my comment about her current state of the game. Maybe discuss like an adult? Something you suggested doing multiple times yet apperently fail hard at.

I actually agree :thinking:

I would like to explain it fast, but it’s quite hard because the problem is huge. Anyway, I’ll try to be the briefest possible.

First of all, Mercy was supposed to be a strong single target mobile consistent main support focused on (Jeff’s words) healing and mobility. That was her core. She took skill for healing her team and could be played all the time moving and never hiding, and that was great. Now, let’s take a look to what we have now.

Valk: Long ago removed because it wasn’t good for Mercy (alpha days). Now back. Okay, that ult removes all prioritization and makes survivality so easy that it takes away all her weaknesses. Before, being single target was one of her weaknesses, now that doesn’t exist. Also, you can go out of enemy’s range or even hide and keep holding a button, so it’s not engaging at all. Also, it’s redundant with her kit, just doing the same thing without any sort of burst nor nothing really relevant, just extending everything and making it easier. Finally, it messes with plenty of characters, like Orisa’s ult, Lucio’s amp it up,… It’s not original at all, even its description is lackluster, and its voice line doesn’t fit with it neither.

E rez: Well, this is the worst point by far. A powerful ult turned into an E ability. Despite all its changes, it’s still busted, at a point where everyone considers Mercy’s most impactful ability her E, not her ult. Rez is Mercy’s ult nowadays, and it’s given. However, it’s immobile, whereas she was supposed to be mobile. It wasn’t supposed to be her focus, but it’s so powerful that all her kit has needed to be nerfed to the ground as compensation. Still, it’s Mercy’s best utility, but now, she must hide and rez or die as a consequence. It’s simply an unbalanceable design that is conditioning her whole kit to be weak in comparison, and that’s not good.

Current healing: simply underwhelming, it discourages people from healing and make boosting her main focus, and rezzing the best way to heal certain characters, something she was never supposed to do.

Okay, playing against her is fine because she is miserable and underwhelming, so the Mercy haters love her nowadays, since she has been “nerfed to irrelevance” (xQc).

Her current pickrates show that she is not played almost, so she is not only bad but unfun.

Nope, I’m talking about so many polls, one of them even posted on reddit, the Mercy haters nest. It had the same results. People didn’t like valk, and too many preferred some kind of rework or new iteration of mass rez. Please, stop making assumptions, because you are failing all the time.

You really want me to search through the entire forums something that got buried between complaints about Mercy? Okay, here you are one of them. There were a lot, but this one was the latest, so it was the easiest to track.

Watch Stylosa and YourOverwatch’s videos, for example. The first one is saying that Mercy is too weak and hard to balance, while the second is repeatedly calling for a straigh revert back to mass rez.

Not exactly, you are conveniently missing a portion of their claims. Watch above.

Check overbuff.

Current Mercy’s pickrate: 4,81%. Less than a half of Ana’s pickrate. Also, if we check only supports, she still has less than a half of Ana’s pickrate and close to a half of Moira’s pickrate. That shows that she is simply out of meta. Why? Because you won’t pick such a weak support like Mercy (who is not a main support anymore), you will choose between Moira (mostly low ranks) and Ana (high and not that high ranks), the two real main supports. Also, Mercy is the support with the largest playerbase, so if she has bad pickrates that’s saying a lot about how her players are finding her.

Please, inform yourself a bit, I’ve given you plenty of sources. He talked just a few days ago. Yes, I know what speech are you talking about, that “play her selfish” one. She shouldn’t be played like that tbh, that doesn’t fit with her character, but that’s how she has been designed. If you don’t hide, you die.

Well, in other words: No, she isn’t balanced and she isn’t in a right or healthy spot at all. She is underwhelming, bad design and she needs huge changes to fix that unfixable toxic design. Being forced to hide and rez is unhealthy. Having ult fest as an uncounterable way to win all the games is unhealthy. Having her focused on things that she shouldn’t be focused on is unhealthy. Encouraging her to let people to die in order to rez them (but single, so you can rez one each 30 sec) as long as they died next to a corner is unhealthy. I’m sorry, but saying that she is in a fine spot is just laughable.

2 Likes

you don’t even know what a non argument is. you literally just copied something I said, and used it incorrectly.

Well, that’s your opinion, but since nothing that you said makes sense, there is nothing I can do for you. Just let it go.

1 Like

why wont people let it go

every other character was changed and people stopped talking about them

Look, it’s another Mercy thread.

Oh wait, it even asks for Mass Rez to return lol

Alright since everything needs to be black and white for you, there are plenty of mercy players that enjoy the current state.

Which is a biased one because as explained in that commentsection, that is a survey taken in an environment where people want to change Mercy.

From both Stylosa and YourOverwatch are talking that she has been overnerfed, you claim otherwise so please place timestamps and come with concrete evidence.

Didn’t miss anything, look above.

Plain and simple why, we’re in a burst meta. Which requires burst healing, hence why Mercy is picked less. She’s a consistent healer, which she is the best at. Ana is a high pick no because not only does she fit in GOATs, she counters it as well with her grenade.

You’ve given me one source and a couple of names with a claim they said something. Those names aren’t sources.

Then show it.

She is, she just doesn’t fit the current burst meta.

Again opinions…

So please explain again why you want a revert to an ult that does exactly that?

So the solution is to add another ult to the ult spam?

Her focus has always been the same, heal and damage boost with the occasional pistol.

So why argue for a revert? You say yourself that it is unhealthy, why have you been arguing with me and others that it was healthy?

She’s in a fine spot, the meta just doesn’t favor her.

Well, you are refusing to have any type of conversation and being blind and deaf to everything, so I’m sorry, but the Earth is not flat. You are wrong. Mercy is not in a healthy spot. She extremely favours burst metas thanks to damage boost, so she is straigh underwhelming (wow, it seems suddenly you forgot the receant sniper meta where Mercy was dominating boosting Hanzo and Widow and causing them to oneshot people with bodyshots). Her current design is hated by everyone but only 2-3 people like you. I’ve seen even people who never played mass rez wanting it back. There are plenty of surveys and polls, made in and out of the game and all of them show the same thing: valk is unhealthy, people prefers her being reworked for good or having mass rez back. However, if you don’t want to inform yourself, and everything but the things that fit with your narrow mind are false or irrelevant, then there is nothing I can do for you, but telling that the Earth is not flat, that level of missinformation you are trying to bring.

I’ll just reply to this, specifically, because it’s clear you love putting words in my mouth or identifying me as someone who I’m not, just because that fits with your personal hates, and nothing else (something that, considering how you like that argument too, I wouldn’t consider really an adult’s thing, but incredibly childish tbh). I’m calling this so called rework a revert. Going back to any type of mass rez wouldn’t be a revert at all. Otherwise, if you can’t admit that this is a revert, but you call that a rever,t you are being straigh hypocritical. I’ll say even more. Since she has been reverted back to her earliest past, even if we saw her reverted back to mass rez for some reason, that would be a step forwards, because at least, we wouldn’t be so much in the past, we would be at baroque epoch instead of prehistory. Oh, and I’m complaining about being encouraged to let teammates to die now, whereas I never considered that as a valid option before. I hate letting people to die, so that’s one reason of why I hate so much this current design. Before it was your choice, and a really poor one considering how tempo rezzes were infinitely better, more common and powerful than the hide and rez exploit. Now that’s mandatory. I’m against both designs in the way they were played that way, but at least, mass rez gave you more choices, instead of just exploiting the mechanic, unlike current rez which works like that by design. That’s why the Mercys hiding were only a bunch and not everyone before, unlike now.

Bring back mass rez as it was + no more E ability + revert reverted healing + no more bunny hop = revert (here we can agree, I hope)

Bring back valk + E rez, again stationary + revert healing + accidental bunny hop = rework for some reason

Bring back mass rez with changes + completely new E ability + adjust/revert reverted healing (55-60 hp/s) + keep the rest as it is = rework for the same reasons as the last formula’s

Oh, and another one:

Balance rez as her ult but not like mass rez worked + completely new E ability + adjust/revert reverted healing (55/60 hp/s) + keep the rest as it is = rework by all means.

What I’m calling for, is something that you are blatlantly ignoring all the time, I don’t know if because you don’t want or because you have some problem reading quotes. I want her design to be good, something which has been proved that she has not at all (damn, she has received more changes than any other heroe in this game in its whole history just in one year and a couple of months, it’s not rocket science that valk + E rez is garbage design since it hasn’t been possible to balance it in such a huge time, whereas every single design in this game has taken a lot less time for being balanced). So, I want her to have a fluid game instead of being freezed by pressing E. I want her to not hide, which is factually impossible with her stationary rez. I want her being focused on healing and mobility as Jeff himself said, not on boost, dps and letting people to die and single rezzing them. That’s garbage.

Insanity is making the same mistakes over and over again expecting different results.

That quote (supposedly from Einstein) is an easy description of this Mercy revert, with a perfect back up. We are having exactly the same problems that Mercy had with each one of those designs. Exactly the same problems that caused all those unhealthy bad designs to be removed and replaced (valk), reworked (stationary rez) or simply buffed (trash healing).

2 Likes

I’m blind and deaf to what?

Show the facts, come with actual evidence of your arguments that you spout around. Plain simple question. You claim people said this and that, quote it. You claim you have pickrates that nobody can find, post them.

You insulting when it gets hot under your feat isn’t really looking good for you.

And I didn’t even bother to read the rest of your essay since you started with insults.

You are getting literally and deliberately baited with casual over simplification. Don’t give the satisfaction of wasting your time or energy on it.

1 Like

Uhm no, me and others are asking him to back up his claims.
Because claiming that facts, presented in dev videos etc, in this topic are wrong because somebody said A or stats show this without actually showing them is poor debate.

Already shown but ignored by you.

P.S.: About Ark’s statement, it was on Blinky_Plz stream on the day the mercy buff came to live servers. He didn’t say he wouldn’t touch her, but he said she was really really bad.

P.S.S: Give me one good reason for keep reading your posts with no arguments nor facts nor numbers nor absolutely anything but your own statements. I’m sorry, but it seems you want me to bring everything while you aren’t bothering to bring anything to the conversation.

I know I shouldn’t. Simply, I don’t like people missinforming.

One more =/= others. Basic grammar.

However, I’ll admit one thing. This is the first time I find two people who don’t want to have any type of conversation, just asserting something without any proof and wanting everybody to accept it even tough fact are shown everywhere. Okay…

Oh, and if I were you, I’d stop using victimism as an argument against me. It’s hard to take that seriously when you are insulting and belittling me all the time without bringing anything remotely constructive to this conversation. I quoted you a brief discussion with another person some posts ago. Just take example of him. He asked respectfully and he was answered in the same tone.

That’s too easy. The devs stated a generalisation of a stereotype. It seems you never watched the forums or never played or never known any who played Mercy because everyone knows that tempo rezzes were the way to go with mass rez. However, since Blizz only caters to certain streamers because their word is law, that’s how you wreck a game. You only have to watch how they interact with some of them like Seagull. Also, Jeff admitted that he had a personal discord with those guys for receiving feedback from them. Furthermore, he admitted that they were at very least ignoring the feedback from Dva’s community, so they surely did the same to the Mercy players. Megathreads were just echo chambers where all complaints were sent to die.

Maybe this could sound unbelievable to you, but the devs make mistakes, or “you guys have no phones?”. That’s why they are loosing so many players and money, because you can’t do whatever you want without showing a little respect to your costumers.

More mistakes from the devs. Heartstone. Undertaker meta. Designed card, op af like original valk was, dominating the whole game until the devs completely killing that card, sending it out of meta forever. They apologised like one or two years after.

Another one. Heroes of the Storm. The game was so badly balanced and managed, with heroes being reworked because of minor exploits generalised by the devs in official updates, and some of them being turned into trash and remaining there for years, with toxicity skyrocketing, that the game died and Blizz replaced part of that team (some of them came to Overwatch, so I’m not surprised about what’s happening) and reworked the entire game. Now it’s better.

Concluding, no, the devs are not superheroes, they are humans and they make mistakes, the same as anyone else. Mercy’s revert is the biggest one they have ever made, but since they are so stubborn and almost never will admit a mistake, we can’t expect them recognizing it, despite it would be great. Even if they end doing so, they will never talk about it.

2 Likes

I’ve posted videos and links to pickrates, which you claim are false because someone said something or pickrates are 5% without linking anything.

So either come with actual counters that debunk dev statements, which will be hard since it’s their game and if they want something and explain why they did it then that’s the reason.

Yes they make mistakes, removing mass ress wasn’t on of them. The way they handled Mercy after the rework, that rollercoaster of a year after the rework was one.

I don’t think Mass res will ever come back. I recently came up with 5 ideas to change Mercy:

there is no opinion. it is a definitive fact that you used “non argument” incorrectly, and you are the only one who doesn’t know what youre talking about

I could say exactly the same you’ve written there. However, since you aren’t reading a thing but what you want, I can’t help you.

I don’t need to debunk even more those old videos from the devs, filled with generalisations and mistake after mistake. If you don’t want to read, that’s not my problem, but yours for not wanting a conversation, but just trolling.

That’s the closest you will be from the truth by now. Reverting Mercy to valk was an unforgivable mistake, and yes, wasting an entire year on something that shouldn’t have passed the PTR was another one. Valk came so ridiculously op af that it’s almost clear that they didn’t even checked it before rushing it to live.

Okay… The Earth is not flat, my friend. You can insist all you want, it won’t became true magically. Stop saying nonsenses. If your only argument is “I’m right because Deus ex machina” this is the best I can tell you.

2 Likes