3-4 stacking as a solo que

3’stacks 4 stacks
I normally solo que and wtf is up with getting 3 -4 stacks all the time on my team

That would be because people are queuing as 3-4 stacks, which means there are still 2-3 places left to fill, so the matchmaker either finds another group or fills with solo players.
Is this an issue for some reason?

Lately it has been for me, to the point that I’ve barely played the last week

Stacks often have at least a 500 SR variance between the lowest ranked and highest ranked player in the stack and usually more. This leads to unbalanced matchmaking.

Then there’s the fact that such groups often all pick DPS, have private profiles, won’t join team chat, and won’t work as a team

then finally, my fav ones are the ones who queue with a healer who only heals their group mates and completely ignore the rest of the team.

Yeah.
Groups suck.

I find that the bigger the stack the harder they pop off probably due to team synergy against enemies or the harder we get rolled due to team dissonance compared to the other stack. Running into a stack as a solo player can get annoying sometimes. Its also means my solo plays have less value as I have to work with the team regardless of how well they play which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I just have to change my solo playstyle

Yeah it is very hit or miss.
Much like the rest of the competitive experience as a whole

Having been on both sides, being in a group or outside of it, I’ve never experienced any of this. I’m sorry that your experiences are so different.

Oh it’s not every group. But a significant portion of them. Duo stacks are the worst of all.

I duo stack with my husband every day. We play support but we both flex if we need to. We’re often the only ones making an attempt to communicate.
I have far less luck with players queuing solo than anyone in a stack.

1 Like