(2year old necro) Hero concept lab - hero concepts here!

so many amazing ideas and OCs

1 Like

i still need help with the names of my guys,

im just REALLY BAD at giving names,

i plan to keep some of their nicknames, Like fortress (since that one is an omnic that will be his name)

but the rest need names XD

then i need some interactions to think up… ihave some but i didnt put thme in there

I always wanted a hero who had like Blade arms. Think the assassin from Retribution (tho not just being a reskined tracer.)

Forgive me for possibly being daft, but how exactly do you do the spoilers thing?

Copy the code in the OP

And paste it in your text

“Summary” is the title of the spoiler

The thing you see here

Not this

And the “this text will be hidden”
The text inside the spoiler

Not this (click to open)

This

1 Like

I have a few ideas that I never finished, I’ll post this one for now

Summary

Name: Phoenix
Real Name: Phoenix ____ (She never reveals her full name to anyone)
Nationality: Unknown, found in Mexico, although her skin was too pale to have actually lived there for long.
Height: 5’6"
Nationality: Unknown, although she has a British accent.
Base of Operation: OW Headquarters
Backstory: Not much is currently known about Phoenix, just that they found her unconscious, with a internal body temperature of over 120 degrees Fahrenheit. She died a week later. A day after her death and the placement of her body in the morgue, she walked in through the front door, asking what happened to her. After running tests, doctors concluded that her body cells continued to replicate and act as though they were normal, even though there was no heartbeat. Her body temperature was still abnormally high. She quickly became friends with them, and joined the team. They asked what she wanted her weapon to be, and she wanted a flamethrower. Her small body couldn’t hold the weight of them, and she was given gloves that allowed her to shoot jets of flame.

Combat: Support/Cleanser
HP:200
Primary:Shoot twin flames that can be controlled moving the mouse. If hit by the flame, you are given the burn effect, dealing continous damage for three seconds. It resets by each new tick. It has infinite ammo, but can overheat and stop working.

Secondary: Soar
Shooting fire at the ground, you launch upward and have three seconds of controlled flight (like Valkerie). You cannot fire, but you can use abilities. Has a 8 second cooldown

1st ability:Flame Cleanse: Hold up to two charges that when used, clear all negative effects from the hero, and heal them for 100 hp instantly. Cooldown of five seconds.

2nd ability: Fireball
Use your flame jets to prepare a ball of fire that you launch at high speeds at a target. Deals AOE damage, and gives burn effect for three seconds. 100 damage direct hit, splash, max damage of 200 damage (if direct hit+burn). Takes three seconds to charge, and has an eleven second cooldown.

Passive: Rise from the Ashes
The first time you die after respawning you instantly turn into a fiery form for three seconds, where you cannot do anything other than fly. All cooldowns are reset. While in the fiery form, you can’t take damage, or do damage. After the three seconds, you can attack once more, and if you die you must respawn.

Ultimate: Can’t take the heat: All allies lose gain flame effects around them which null all stuns and remove negative effects for 15 seconds. They also passively gain 30hps.

With stuns and effects everywhere in the game, a hero who can cancel these is key, and it’s also very ironic that she has the very effects she cancels.

Cool concept.

Nice name, I just finished The 100.

1 Like

A support hero that cooks dishes to heal teamates

I had a nice concept for a couple heroes

Vishkar Tank, Judge

Name: Judge
Nationality: Dubai
Affiliation: Vishkar
Role: Tank
HP: 400, 250hp, 150 shield

Primary and Secondary fire taken from Symmetra 2.0 with the soft lock-on beam going from 50 to 100 dmg/s in 3 seconds of ticks. Secondary fire is a slow, piercing orb that deals 120 dmg.

E: Deploy barrier. Judge deploys a 1m wide, 2m tall rectangular barrier floating in front of him with 500hp. Judge can deploy 3 barriers separatedly.

Shield: Containment field. Judge will encase an enemy target in a bubble that prevents any damage output for 2 seconds.

Ultimate: Courtroom. Judge will surround the area in front of him in a 8m-wide circle that causes all enemy inside to take 50% more damage.
line: (enemy) “You’re all guilty!”
(ally) “Court is in session!”

This hero is my attempt of coming with an anchor tank, similar to Reinhardt and Orisa, with some unique abilities on his own, such as deploying multiple shields that, while weak individualy, make up with the creative ways you can deploy a 3-parts shield, allowing you to stack to take more damage in a single point, deploy as each shield breaks, cover more area by splitting apart and so on. His primary abnd secondary fire are taken from Symmetra 2.0, which I think fit a tank very well, he deals large amounts of close-range damage and piercing orbs are a great counter to tank-heavy metas. His containment field is the kind of original ability that this game could use, Allowing many enemies to be forced a 2-seconds time-out of attacking the team, countering ults like Death Blosson and Configuration Tank without entirely ruining most of those. Also, I think a character themed after a judge could give us some interesting interactions :slight_smile:

North Korean Sniper, Silence

Name: Unknown, codename “Silence”
Nationality: North Korea
Affiliation: Neutral
Role: DPS
HP: 200

Primary fire: Silent shot. Silence have a magazine of 20 hitscan shots that deal 80dmg and leave no sound effect.

Secondary fire: Piercing sound. In scope mode, Silence will shot a piercing shot that goes through any enemy, being able to hit multiple targets for also 80dmg per shot with a headshot of 200dmg. His scope mode is unique as it doesn’t zoom the entire screen but rather creates a “magnifying lense” in the middle of the screen.

E: Gun Jammer. Silence will lock into an enemy and his next shot will cause the enemy to have his crosshair desappears and his screen flickers for 6 seconds. The targeted enemy will emit a 2m-wide signal that will do the same to any adjacent enemy as long as they are within range… 10 seconds cooldown.

Shift: Sonic Boost. Silence can deploy on the ground a small, flat object that will verticaly launch any ally high enough to reach basic levels of high ground. Lasts for 6 seconds, 10 seconds cooldown.

Passive: Echolocation. Any enemy that lands the killing blow on Silence will be temporarily marked for the ally team to see the enemy, similar to Widowmaker’s ultimate.

Ultimate: The Silencer. Silence deploys a hitscan projectile that upon hitting a solid object, will deploy a 12m-wide pulse that for 6 seconds will completely halt primary fire from all enemies.
line: (enemy) “Shhhhhhh…”
(ally) “Silencing enemies”

This character comes from a really old idea, before Ashe was released, I though of a new sniper, but trying to make it unique compared to Ana and Widow by giving his unique scope that grants him the slight advantage of not losing notion of his surroundings while scoped. The idea of a silencer played a big role into thinking of his abilities, making him a sort of stealth, long-range defense hero. His jammer signal is one of my best ideas, a simple trap that can be a nuisance to most aim-reliant heroes, but not a huge debuff, making it more of a counter to snipers. His ultimate is a similar concept to Sombra, but focusing on negating weapons damage. His nationality being North Korean was just my curiosity thinking about how the Omnic Crisis would have affected that curious part of the world.

Yeah I see what you mean. Since if it was stacked, she could be better then mercy in everyway minus not having a rez.

Np, this is a really well thought out design. Nice job

1 Like

I just edited my post to include my concept for Echo.

As always, I’m looking for feedback and would be open to consider another Ult :slight_smile:

Echo (Secondary Support)

Hero: Echo

Role: Support

Sub Role: Secondary Healer

Affiliation: Overwatch

Playstyle: As several of you have mentiones, I’d also like to see Echo as the new support healer in the game. Her primary healing mechanic would be a shield plus a heal over time effect. For her primary weapon I’ll go the simpler route and would bring back Symmetra’s old alt fire that went through barriers. I have no idea why they changed it. I personally don’t like the wings so those would just be decoration. My concept doesn’t fly or hover.

Look and Feel: By now most of you should have seen her in the Reunion Cinematic

Abilities:

LMB - Neutron Projector / Forget about the silly name for this ability. I’m just bringing back Symmetra’s old alt fire that could go through barriers. We need that back!

E - Reboot / Upon dying Echo enters a dormant state and shuts down. While the respawn timer is going on, Reboot can be activated so Echo can respawn at the spot where she “died” (when the respawn timer ends). If the ability is not used before respawn timer runs out, Echo will respawn at her team’s spawnroom. Effect cannot occur more than once in 45 seconds.

Shift - Plasma Shield / Applies 150 Hp shields to allied hero. Shield lasts for 3 seconds / Applies heal over time effect. 50 health per second for 4 seconds - very similar to Tassadar’s ability in HotS /3 second cooldown. Only healing ability

Passive - Cortex Booster / Upon taking damage, Echo gets 10% movement speed for 2 seconds. Cannot happen more than once every 10 seconds

Ultimate - Neutron Radiation / Echo, generates negative energy around herself that denies all healing on enemies in a 20 meter radius. Lasts for 8 seconds. Echo is not invulnerable and can use her LMB weapon. Upon activation, all allies, in the area of effect of the ability will including herself will receive a Plasma Shield. While the effect lasts she can’t use her regular Plasma Shield ability. This is my take on another defensive ult. It’s basically a Reverse Zenyatta Ult meets Ana’s Anti Heal. Echo can be killed or cc’d out of the ability to stop it’s effects. Unlike Ana’s ability it’s not a skillshot and requires the Echo to stay alive to continue the effect.

1 Like

I really love containment field. Can it be broken by the teammates of the affected enemy?

this may be a bit too op

imagine two dragonblades in a row o.o

I know, it seems I just ran out of original ideas hahaha. Would you like to help coming up with an idea for the ult?

Consider that most of the time this hero would be just shooting and shielding allies, her other ability only works when she’s dead, and the passive just gives speed bonus.

In any case, I’d love to see another defensive ult on top of Zen, Lucio and Brigitte’s.

i cant really think of anything really…

i can just throw an idea of something out of my mind

Ultimate: Denial (yes the name is trash)

Essentially, echo creates a bubble field arround all her teammates that lasts for 12 seconds

the bubble field has infinite HP and cant be destroyed by normal attacks (unless something like EMP)

not only it protects allies, but it also prevents them from shooting as well

its a half baked idea, i imagine this would help stop a little bit the Q spam, everyone presses Q, you do as well, and all their ultimates go to waste since they cant do anything

Oh imagine using it in overtime…

Seems an interesting concept to work on. I’ll give it a try.

i mean…it really wouldnt help for anything other than to stall in overtime,

its mostly as a defensive-only option to control a little bit those istuations where all the enemy team presses Q at the same time and theres no concieable ult to stop that

What if it was actually “bubbles” but on the enemy team. For 6 seconds all the enemy team behaves as in a low grav environment…

I’m just evil like that. hahaha

evil? take a look at this heros ultimate

(i throw in the entire concept jbecause you dont understand with the ult alone)

Hero

Displacer (Support)

100 shields 100 hp

Primary fire: Dart gun:

25 ammo, 5 damage each, Rate of fire similar to soldiers 76 gun, 1 second to reload, Projectile that requires leading to properly hit

Ability 1: Displace:

Upon pressing E you pick a target for the displacement

Allies only. Once the target is picked, You look at the direction where they want them to be, and press primary fire to teleport them there, pressing secondary fire cancels the displacement (its mechnically similar to reapers teleport, it needs a valid location for it to be activated, cant drop people off cliffs) The character that is selected to be displaced will have a blue aura sorrounding them and a proper visual warning for both allies and enemies. 6 second cooldown,

Ability 2: Teleport:

Similar to displace, Pressing this ability opens up,similar to the displace or reaper teleport, a small reticle where they can select where to teleport to wherever they want, 6 seconds cooldown

Ultimate: Time Freeze

The hero freezes everyone in the game both allies and enemies (the timer does NOT count down during this freeze period, nor do ability durations expire) exept for itself. The hero is unable to use his primary fire or melee, Both his abilities now have cero cooldown also display is usable on enemies for the duration, This ability lasts for 15 seconds, During this ability the hero can displace everyone in both teams to however they please, Can be used to stall a point, or to setup a flank on the enemy team, or other crazy strats