250 Assists/Saves is way too much

For references: I play OW2 on average of about 4 hours a day. We are currently halfway through the week and I am only just past a quarter of the way from completing the Helping Hand weekly challenge. It’s nowhere near the amount of grind needed to complete the 20 Team Kill challenge, but this is still very much excessive for players that are not committed to grinding this game.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that this achievement was very recently added, which would actually explain why the numbers are so low; because it was only just recently active.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but I’ve barely played OW2 compared to most people and I always get these achievements whenever they are up, without trying to get them.

Maybe get better at the game (I often see you defending it).

If you’re a half decent player you should be getting like 20-40 assists on supports per game. You also get saves by playing support.

20 Team kill challenge also needs no grinding either. You don’t need to get 5 solo kills, the enemy team just needs to all be dead/respawning at the same time.

The only challenge that neede/needs to be changed is the arcade one. Back in week 2 I gave up on farming coins because matches were lasting 30 minutes due to infinite zarya stall (with a 10-15 queue, and half the time I would lose).

TLDR: Your ‘issues’ can be solved by playing comp and improving at the game.

1 Like

250 assist , use Mercy and you will get it easy

2 Likes

Ahem.

What does essentially playing the game have to do with being good?

What even gave you the impression that this had anything to do with skill?

This right here genuinely makes me question whether anything you say could be valid criticisms.

5 Likes

They literally just added this challenge to the game 1.5 days ago. I was able to finish it by playing support for only a few hours.

1 Like

because this new challenge appeared yesterday, not Tuesday

1 Like

Wait, is this true? Because that would explain a lot.

Better than relying on team kills.

that’s just like 8 games as support

It doesn’t need grinding.

Not sure what game you’re playing. My team gets an average of 5 team kills per comp game, it isn’t hard…

The gameplay BP challenges are very easy to complete… I’ve played for only 5 hours a week since release and achieved them all…

Depends on the support, but even if it’s qp with a support that’s bad at this, I’d say at most 15 games. I think my last game on support in qp I got like 25. There’s some dps heroes also good at earning assists, if this allows dps hero as well.

i played a game on lijiang as mercy and it wasn’t anything spectacular and i got 33
and yes you can get assists as dps/tank
any hero that has lingering AoE, or CC can easily get a lot of assists so jq, ashe, mei, jrat, sj, sombra can be good

From own experience hanzo works too with sonic. Iirc the last game from my last session has around 15 assists on him.

1 Like

Uhm, so I am trying to grind this as moira… I get like 4-8 assists per game in Quickplay.

250 total requirement?!?!

I do not know what is in our devs’ waterbottles but I demand you share some with the community so we can get on your level.

Like honestly, do you have a trained monkey drunk on semi-rotten fruit that comes up with these ideas, ESPECIALLY since it was obviously a replacement for the “20 teamkills” challenge?

OH, by the way I finished THAT challenge, it disappeared and since you probably just deleted it I basically did that challenge for nothing since it won’t count towards my 11 weeklies.

THEN AGAIN, who would be surprised with you guys “adding a quality of life change” that is not a dumpster fire in itself, eh?

Like come on… are you afraid lightning will strike you the day you do something right without a catch?!

Well there’s your problem. I pick Kiriko and get 20-30 assists per QP match. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Am currently at 240/250 and I have not really tried for this challenge.

I am not sure what you are doing different.

1 Like

It’s highly dependant on your pick (I finished it with Mercy eventually) and the performance of your team.
SO, instead of getting team kills, which was a terrible grind dependant on your team’s performance, they now added assists/saves as a requirement… which is a terrible grind dependant on your team’s performance.

Good job blizz!

true, as above, I play a lot of kiriko/lucio when I get set as Support. So that does add up.

Zenyatta and Mercy finish this challenge quickly.

2 Likes

Well, you are complaining about a very small amount of saves and assist and saying that they it is “way too much” in all reality it’s not even that much in general you could get that for playing for about 1-2 days? Also, I’m going to assume this is for the weekly challenges and if it is? You have a WEEK to get all of those assist or saves? So there is no “too much” just a potential skill issue.

1 Like