23rd April bans

Why am I (and the people that got unfairly banned at the 23rd) still banned from competitive? What’s taking so long? Just unban everyone that got banned that day, after the 15min penalty, and then fix the damn game… Not the other way around, because it’s been 3 days and I still can’t get into comp. Makes no sense to be taking this long to unban people when you already found the issue.

It’s not like they can snap their finger and fix the issue instantly, that’s not how programming works.

3 Likes

As a programmer: Yes it is.
It shouldn’t take 3 days to collect the names of the people that got banned on the 23rd of April and simply unban them. They have logs for that.

1 Like

They first have (probably had at this point) to fix the issue, then find out which bans were caused by the bug, then unban them. And it’s not exactly an office Christmas party list of people, even 0.1% is a large number when it’s taken from millions. Not exactly two days of work.

1 Like

This is not one DB in Cobol in a random Pentium 4 mate, the scale and parameters are way way way way way way bigger.

Also some of those bans were legit, so they have to make sure they dont lift any ban that is supposed to be there.

1 Like

this is precisely how professional programming works, or should work. unless your code is completely spaghetti and nobody knows how it came to be and what it does. which is blizzard norm, but alas.

1 Like

It actually is if you pay for quality coders/code.

But this is Blizzard. They are poor and must sell you $20 skins which many will gladly buy to support this smol inde(cent) company!

That’s not just blizzard norm this days…

people defending blizzard are insane, it literally takes some hours to do what I said…

Well don’t just sit here on these forums, you should be at their offices to get it fixed in a jiffy.

4 Likes

OW devs are definetely using something that was designed to work on alot smaller scale than required… we have too musch problems: disappearing skins or currencies, lost battlepass progression, wrong character stats etc issues that periodically happen with some players

millions? we had 200-400k players online that day, what are you talking about

Why are you posting this in here and not Customer Service or Bug forms?

Well my programmer friend, why don’t you go apply for a job at blizzard and do what they can’t! I’m sure they pay A LOT more than your salary.

these type of arguments are hilarious. You’re either a child or you have no life experience.

The point is that, “I’m a programmer,” when you could probably not even land a job at blizzard, is not the win that you think it is.

the person above said “that’s not how programming works” and since I know how to program I also know that it can be done, I wasn’t bragging about it you illiterate child. Also, I know how much blizzard pays, it’s not more than I average each month LOL

And then people went on to explain to you why it’s not as easy as you think it is. You may “know how to program,” but I think you don’t know as much as you think you know.

I’m sure it’s not “LOL”

And you immediately resort to name calling. Well, that didn’t take much, LOL

Good talk sir!

1st - No one gave an sensible explanation and I am telling you it’s as simple as to go on the logs and unban everyone who got banned at the 23rd, they just don’t wanna do that.
2nd - A big company doesn’t equal a big pay and I know how much blizzard pays in europe and america, which is less than I average each month, only 2 high positions there probably pay enough good money that it would be worth for me to quit my jobs and they don’t even operate in europe.
3rd - I am calling you illiterate because you literally can’t interprete anything on this thread, and a child because I am almost sure you’re less than 25 years old and have no life experience.

If they are using Oracle Database STILL…

They probably have a lot of stuff to look through and decipher.

I have to agree with them. that if there was bans issued. They have to review them and decide what stands and what does not. I cant imagine that it would be easy.