21d since part 1 released.... No Part 2 still

Weekly reminder how hype is being dried up: aka “Deep” Dive part 1, that treats us like computers

Honestly season 3 just keeps looking worse and worse

1 Like

Honestly, they probably were a little caught off guard that people weren’t exactly enthralled. By and large, the reaction I saw to that post was mostly people saying “okay yeah they basically confirmed forced 50/50,” which may or may not be true, as well as essentially confirming what people already knew about whack matchmaking criteria.

It probably made Blizzard think twice about how they phrase future commentary, which I find rather interesting because it speaks to this idea that they don’t read the room and don’t have a strong pulse on the community. Like, yes, matchmaking has been an issue and they attempted to address it in a post, but it doesn’t seem like they really understood the specifics of what frustrated a lot of people—either out of ignorance or just plain misunderstanding, it’s hard to tell.

I’m glad they made the effort, but it didn’t really pan out the way they planned, I think… which goes for a lot of things recently

2 Likes

It’s really closer to 7 days if you consider that the holiday break is a thing. And given the time it takes to write this sort of thing up you’re probably going to be waiting a couple more weeks still.

2 Likes

You do realize it took me less than 2 minutes to write this.

I mean really. Not asking for a book.

I’m curious about Part 2 because these Ranked games I’m in and going up against are definitely not it. I’m all for a challenge but stomping or getting stomped aren’t challenges.

I hoping they shift the talks to about balance and upcoming reworks

Also just want the yearly wheels to start moving.

I think if they talked about how much time it will take to revise and tweak along with an idea of when to expect part 2, people would be happier.

Yeah, it sounds like they considerably relaxed how rigorously matchmaking seeks out balanced matches, just based on how they described it working in the last blog. They need to talk about that more, and also discuss what their vision for that is and what solutions they’re considering, because that’s a major source of contention right now.

Honestly it doesn’t even have to be part 2.

Just want news

Yaa I’ll give the devs some credit for starting to communicate with us (in ow1 I don’t think we would have been told anything) but it needs to be a lot better. We were told we would get a weekly blog post and I don’t think that has been happening (lemme know if wrong). A lot of the negativity the games gets stems from 2 big issues: lack of communication and no way of viewing data besides what little data the devs decide to provide.

Losing Myst was a real blow.

RIP Craig.

1 Like

It should definitely be tightened. I don’t mind waiting to play a high quality match vs an instant queue into a nonsense match for everyone involved.

1 Like

omg I just realized Myst hasn’t been around. Thats hella weird. I knew something was off

He got a job working for Blizzard

More like held captive

Well i dont think they have a magical solution for the MM. It also isn’t some intern coder mistake, it all done on purpose and deliberate.

As much as they like to paint it as something complex that requires lots of coding it seems that to me the issue is rather simple.

Its either imbalanced matches or long queue times. It might not have enough players to quickly make queue times that are less than one minute.

There isnt much they can say in a part 2. If they were 100% honest they would say "sorry guys but we prefer complaints of imbalanced matches rather than long queue times and shouts of dead game around ".