2077 Delayed..... Again (LoneOneX94, Stop Bumping this Topic With Your Off Topic one and post your own)

What I find the most interesting here is that there is a certain subset of video game fans who have essentially deified CDPR, and will defend just about anything the studio says or does. Obviously repeated delays are a signal of a troubled development process, but some people will continue to give the benefit of the doubt regardless.

2 Likes

So there, it’s NOT like OW2 because CP actually gets updates.

I can’t imagine buying a game at release in 2020. It’s a sprawling open world game; it’s gonna be chock full of bugs. Let it get a year’s worth of patches and then buy it.

Blizzard isnt doing any better. They dont say a word about the game, and its infuriating to wait for it now because they dropped that cinematic & some gameplay. Also, their focus on OW2 is why the first game doesn’t get new characters, or any new content now.

At least CD Projekt Red isnt silent 2077. We know what the game will have. And it doesnt negatively affect The Witcher(bad comparison I know, but you get my point).

1 Like

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.

Shigeru Miyamoto

2 Likes

What’s funny is the Overwatch universe is also set in the 2070s.

1 Like
1 Like

Last 2 or 3 WoW xpacs IMO were pretty bad. They didn’t fix them till later patches. BfA wasn’t really fixed till 8.3. This is why I’m done with that game.

Well, they should be, if you don’t know what say, better say nothing, better than "guys, the game went gold", then "woopsie-doopsie, we have to delay it again, you know, for extra PoLiSh, PlEaSe, AcCePt OuR hUmBle ApOlOgIeS".

1 Like

Like Blizzard? No thanks. How are you supposed to get huge anticipation for a game if absolutely nothing is said after the first trailer or first bits of gameplay?

Not saying anything makes it impossible to care for OW2. Especially when it negatively affects the first game.

The only bit of info that shouldnt be said, is a game going gold, but thats it. Not say absolutely nothing, even though one trailer & some gameplay was shown.

Even then it will be fine.

CD puts out games when they are ready, and we should respect that.

1 Like

And a game will never be bad if you never release it taps head

So in other words we would receive updates? Oh the horror?

So I guess you didn’t hear about the recent deathmarcher complaints.

Was in the news, a week before this if I recall.

Made me worry if this might turn out like 76 or even worse.

One of the reasons I have hold back on buying the Pre-release

But the real question is

can you run crysis

By being a popular developer that everyone likes, like From Software with Elden Ring.

Very true.

Despite being much higher than the gaming industry’s average in many aspects CDPR does notable mistakes, and due to the company’s success, sometimes in full arrogance.

IIRC, one of it’s higher ups took pride in the company’s crunch schedules, making it look like it’s something that is expected and can be potentially even worse. He got strong backlash from that statement, a reminder that no success renders you immune to hubris.

I firmly believe that a game should take it’s time to be fully complete and polished. Having a game rushed in cost of quality and the devs health, should be discouraged by us gamers (companies will never do it by themselves).

This of course also applies to OW2. It should be ready when it’s ready. I can wait if it means a good product, and I believe many others can wait too.

1 Like

More like infamous for their lazy game design & only masochists defend them. I forgot all about Elden Ring. Knowing FS, it will just be another artificial challenge Souls game, or cheat even more than the Souls games ever did like Sekiro. And if there’s chance it will be fun & not rely on pissing off the player, then it will just have some cool things but be held back by Souls aspects like Bloodborne.

So yeah, its impossible to be hyped for anything from FromSoft.

Also, Bethesda was once a popular developer, look what happened to them. And now they’re owned by MS. Speaking of MS, Halo 6 aint looking good right now.

Okay, you’re kinda speaking for yourself here, but projecting it onto the general fanbase. The general FS fanbase is still very hyped for Elden Ring, despite the lack of news for it. That’s the point I was making.

So, few people. Very few in fact because only masochists defend FromSoft’s laziness. Artificial challenge is hated by anyone that isnt a masochist. So Im not speaking for myself.

And if Elden Ring ends up being something new, then no one can be hyped for something they dont know. And before you say thats a good thing, these days its always best to know whats going on with a title before its out, to avoid greedy tactics.