2077 Delayed..... Again (LoneOneX94, Stop Bumping this Topic With Your Off Topic one and post your own)

Yep. I just refunded my Steam purchase of it and got Ghostrunner on Green Man Gaming for $17.77 (Gold XP discount + 5% off from my BO: Cold War preorder). It’s also a pre-order key so I get both pre-order katanas even though I bought it after release.

I don’t think people realize that they’re using a whole different engine, making short cinematics for each mission, and are revamping ui for ow2, its not just some flat pve.
Also I really really really really hope that the new UI doesn’t change ow1’s ui, I hate ui changes.

1 Like

Doubt it. They announced that the next wow expansion is being delayed with no release date to go along with it. Blizzard (For the most part) has done a really good job releasing games that are finished and unbroken on release day. They’re nothing like EA.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why this is surprising. Everything that is either content or media is getting delayed right now. Covid is just messing up a lot. Anything from movies to games has been affected and we need to stop pretending like it’s not. I have been playing WoW for 13 years and it has never delayed an expansion, as far as I can remember, and here we are with a delayed expansion with Shadowlands. Overwatch 2 was highly thought of to be released this year…that didn’t happen. Let’s just face it…coronavirus happened and we got delays. But sending out death threats and being toxic with developers is the lowest a person can go. Go play an older game or watch a movie. It’s never that serious. The game will come when it’s ready.

4 Likes

We should be getting the full release by 2077.

1 Like

Except Overwatch 2 was announced, and nobody heard about it since.

Wait till you learn about elder scrolls 6 and gta 6 PepeLaugh

2 Likes

There is too much hype for this game…like the type where people are going to end up disappointed…regardless if it’s good

1 Like

Yep. I can only imagine all the “Devs lied!!!” posts there’d be every time a change was made during development. I’m glad Blizz has the time and freedom to make the game the way they want right now instead of having to answer to internet randos along the way.

1 Like

Most people don’t care about a release date. We care they announced it, then went radio silent. Small periodic updates to know where it’s at is all most people want or teasers, not release dates.

1 Like

2077 has to keep releasing details, though, because nobody is playing anything else from that IP right now. OW people can still play OW while waiting for our game.

I am hyped and I know I will be satisfied regardless how the game turns out. (biased opinion :poland:)

At that point it will be a historical piece were the 20 years olds born in the 2050’s compare the are outlook of the future to its true outcome.

Be it at that point we will all be hooked up to the meme matrix, so take that what you will.

Thats not so bad, now I can enjoy destiny beyond light and then play cyberpunk on december

Anyone the delays “rub the wrong way” can sit down while the adults are talking because they’re part of the problem.

I would rather wait for a good game than spend money on garbage.

It’s true, people react poorly when you don’t meet a promise, and I’m glad OW2 has been a bit nebulous as to when it’s coming out.

I have to laugh about the whole CP2077 situation though. They said when they announced the game they were wary about giving a solid release date after their experience with the Witcher 3 (which missed it’s release date and got delayed several times only to release with bugs).

Then they gave a solid release date. I was sceptical.

Development in a huge game like that must be rough (pandemic aside), and probably prone to cause issues. Especially if they’re adding missing promised features, found game breaking bugs, or what I consider worse (which I think happens to a lot in games lately) making last changes to cater or pander to certain groups of people.

It is the freaking third delay, not first, not second, but third; 3 delays for a game that was announced in 2013!!!

At this point, this game is so freaking polished that it doesn’t even have paint anymore, it is just a piece of metal with zero friction, like those surfaces of physics exercises…

Hello two sides of the spectrum, please discuss your opinions with each other

2 years before the omnic crisis I think, they are probably delaying it preparing to fight bastion units.

1 Like