2020 Overwatch League Streaming & Rewards Guide - Info about Grand Finals problems here

I have as well except I have been using the website on my laptop. I tried 2 different laptops and neither worked. :confused: It worked for me during the alien Zarya event.
I hope they give us compensation tokens because this is so frustrating and its not our fault.

Same here. Which is strange because for last weekā€™s event it worked fine.

Ditto. Iā€™ve afk watched pmuch everything all summer. A small amount of tokens showed up like one time. Not seeing anything arrive from today, yet. Fingers crossed.

BTW - what about this Tracer grey OWL skin? Is that a thing?

This is the first time this OWL season Iā€™ve experienced issues with token drops. I am watching on the mobile app.

When this happens it usually means the tokens are just delayed and they will hopefully arrive on your account sometime tomorrow or the next day.

Had this garbage on the whole time and have received nothing. Just like when I first used this new method of watching it since they changed. Good to see nothing changesā€¦

I only need 20 tokens and I can leave that trash, but noooooo, canā€™t have it work properly now can we?

Man, none of this even works. I read it many times and not once have I gotten tokens ever since the switch off Twitch.

Yup.

No idea why they even went off using Twitch. Was YT really gagging to give them cash to have this rubbish exclusive to them?

Hello everyone, I am looking to confirm myself, sadly I havenā€™t been able to watch up until now (Philosophy research paperā€¦ : /). I have no information or confirmation if token drops are working in general.

As always please double check the troubleshooting steps in the starting post and work through all steps. This can help resolve potenial issues. However if I get any confirmation from Blizzard I will try to let you guys know.

As I did before, Iā€™ve done all of that and nothing has changed. The only step I donā€™t understand is the -

part as Iā€™ve looked on my profile/account here and thereā€™s nothing relating to OWL for options.

Regardless, the tiny little 20 points I needed arenā€™t happening, despite having had more than enough of this stuff run in the background to be granted it. I sure as hell ainā€™t buying any of these points, so it looks like Iā€™ll be missing out on that D.Va skin as the completely broken and pointless new way (after Twitch) refuses to do as it should.

I hope that is the case.

For the OWL Gray skins (there were 10 of them available as far as I know), you had to do some stuff on Twitch (watch, cheer, get the all access pass maybe, etc.) during the 2018 (inaugural) season.

But didnā€™t they just tease out a redux Tracer one for this weekendā€™s event?

Also: still no tokens :frowning: I miss ttv multi-perspective all-access pass and non-phantom tokens. YT platform has been a huge regression.

1 Like

I watched it on the app and havenā€™t gotten any tokens either. Usually the app works all the time with drops. It never works on the OWL site.

1 Like

Since the changes, to absolutely no avail, I have tried the app, website and YT, and followed all of the troubleshooting ideas.

I just want the 20 tokens I require for the damned skin. How can this thing be so busted after all of this time, when from day one Twitch had these drops working 100% fine?

Iā€™ve had this thing running for way more than 20 tokens to be granted over the course of several streams (including today), and I know Iā€™m not owed anything; butā€¦ cā€™mon, the only reason I even let this rubbish get traffic is so I can get them tokens for the one or two nice skins you can get with it.

2 Likes

I watched the end of the APAC All-Stars on the main page and managed to get some tokens out of it. When I did my troubleshooting steps and watched tonightā€™s NA All-Stars on the main pageā€¦ nothing.

The main page has been a source of trouble for people before even after troubleshooting steps and itā€™s struck again tonight, I donā€™t know why it worked for one event and not this one but the main page has been a problem before and using another viewer on the website has been proven to work sometimes.

As tonight didnā€™t have that option for web browser viewers, having to hear those token multiplier adverts mustā€™ve stung for the people who wanted to earn tokens by watching for the All-Stars skins without having to resort to paying for them :unamused:

i think the entire setup is still messed beyond reasoning. What strucks/irritates me the most is, how many people have mentioned issues with the drop system by now ? and still they do nothing to fix it.
For example: for the APAC all stars: i received all the tokens i should have gotten.
Yesterday for the NA all stars - even though they announced triple token drops for 2 hours - i got 0 tokens. My other solution of using the OWL app on smartphone didnt even work this time.
Iā€™m so fed up with them announcing token drops and special events with double ( now even triple token drops ) yet most of us ( as far as i understand ) got 0 tokens.
Iā€™m really fed up with their systemā€¦

3 Likes

And the worst thing is if even the issue is on their side, I really doubt weā€™ll be gifted the tokens weā€™ve earned. Kinda wish they were just stream on both youtube and twitch, like so many other esports. Youtube is great for Vods, but I never had issues getting drops from twitch. And if they was an issue, it was fixed and I was given the reward I missed.

1 Like

No drops here.

For game bugs, normally I would post a small report of things Iā€™ve tried, to help someone with fixing the problem. However, I have LONG given up any hope of Blizzard showing interest in addressing this, or even showing a modicum of remorse for all of our time it has wasted.

Can ANYONE give me a reason to think otherwise?

Same here, 0.
Working fine, last week (around 70 tokens), and since the beginning of the year 2020.

I think the main website page has some identification issues, might be dependent on region or browser but has produced a lot of reports of no drops during streams compared to the seperate embedded viewer provided during regular season games. Iā€™ve found watching that one to be handier and actually reliable to drop rewards throughout the year and when itā€™s not available like last night, youā€™re out of luck.