2-2-2 doesn't work. we need more dps

I really don’t know how fix this. 2-3-2. nerfing reinhardt and barriers in general. idk. its just really hard to push reinhardt off the payload especially if your on attack, he feels like hes in every damn game and its really hard to kill him if you don’t have a reaper and a junkrat blowing through his barrier continuously.

you really cannot win if you don’t have barriers. the barrier tank will just push you off. every time I start a game either me or someone says “we need a barrier tank” we end up losing the game because nobody picks it. the heals are so much that substituting barrier for damage does not work

the game wasn’t balanced for 2-2-2 it was made for any team comp but mostly it was 3 dps and 1 tank. and every team comp that had role stacking was usually a bad meta. besides dps obviously.

nerf barriers more or introduce a 3rd dps make it 7 on 7

1 Like

2/2/2 is fine, it’s the role queue that’s the problem. A mono queue with role locks and the ability to swap between players would be much better, even if you’d get the “give me Widow or I throw” people. I agree though, right now the 10+ minute queues are untenable.

2 Likes

You don’t really need barriers at most ranks. It’s only critical at high ranks where snipers are a serious threat.

Roadhog/Zarya for instance does heaps and heaps of damage, they’ll easily overpowered and wreck Reinhardt if the other team’s DPS don’t stop them. As far as heals, nobody in the game can heal enough to stop Roadhog or a charged Zarya from instamelting most heroes, and that’s ignoring that Roadhog can hook them away from their healers (or just hook the healers).

try to push a corner without barriers against a barrier tank and tell me how that works out for you.

Give me Wrecking Ball and I’ll show you. :grinning:

1 Like

Give me a typical teammate on ladder and I’ll show you.

I mean, I win plenty of games on Wrecking Ball and I lose plenty on Orisa. Barriers are a tool, but they’re not always the right tool. I’ve started double barrier, had the team be losing badly, and then gone WB/Zarya and turned the game around and won it.

Gonna disagree on this one. Barriers are equally important in lower ranks because positioning and awareness are far worse, as is good healing priority, so people take way more spammage. They’re not as tightly constrained by meta, so you do see more diversity in tanks, but often if you have a barrier-deficient pair going up against a pair with at least one barrier, the barrier pair will win.

WB comps are one of the few exceptions, but it really requires that both your WB and other tank be good. As in, they’re probably relatively better than the rank that you’re in, i.e. smurfing or just climbing in general. I’ve seen crazy off-tank pairings win games–heck, I saw a DVa-Hog combo win a game handily before–but exceptions don’t make the rule.

1 Like

Probably not actually…
Most ball players throw in my experience, even at diamond level (I’ve even seen GMs do this) they will pile driver into the enemy team and die.

Even if you don’t do this or don’t die (somehow), you are still probably playing poorly, see the thing is you might think you’re doing well but without your protection and your on the other side of the map, the mcree is getting rekt and you wonder why people are dying when you got a pick.

1 Like

If everyone is on the same page that’s totally viable. Generally speaking, it’s not going to carry you up the ranks. If you’re a great shot caller, Wrecking Ball is a fine MT.

Wrecking ball is almost a bastion like hero, everyone needs to pick the right heroes or you’ll get completely destroyed, especially if WB is the MT.

Who do you need to pick alongside Wrecking Ball? I feel like he works with nearly everyone.

Okay, I see the problem here.
You’re one of those players who play ball, but don’t really look at what your team is doing. So playing ball as a main tank means no shield right? Well if you’ve got say ana mcree they have no protection for them to deal damage, if they dare peek around a corner they’ll get slaughtered by god knows what.

Not necessarily, Ball and Shield is absolutely a fine comp. It’s a double main tank comp, but it’s not a bad one.

And it’s not my job to nanny weak heroes. If you can’t make McCree work without a barrier try playing something more robust. McCree is pretty bad in most ranks anyway.

222 works but it was implemented poorly and rushed it was just tossed up without nerfs and balances.

Except the thing is, ball cannot work as a lone main tank, therefore he isn’t a main tank, isn’t he?

So you playing ball means everyone else needs to switch, thanks for proving my point i guess…?

He can work as either primary or second main tank. Ball Zarya is good. But he can also work in double main tank comps with a barrier tank.

If you don’t have a barrier I would not recommend especially weak/fragile heroes like McCree, Ana, and maybe Zenyatta. But there’s a lot of the roster left.

Me: iniciating the hack

He can only work as a main tank in OWL, every other rank it’s horrible.
Ball zarya is extremely overrated, Like yeah she can bubble his initiation, but that’s all, so what? For 40 energy, the zarya has no protection, mine grav is terrible and she has no mobility.

But that’s the point, if the hero your playing isn’t some sort of dive hero it’s useless and you’ll feed, therefore every person playing that hero HAS to swap BECAUSE of ball.

Well, that’s kind of true of any dive comp, isn’t it? You aren’t going to get away with McCree with Winston/Dva either.

But also, McCree is ridiculously vulnerable, probably second to Bastion.