144fps Monitor issues

Hi guys,

So i recently got a 144hz monitor and my settings in OW will not sit at a constant 144fps. I used the Nvidia Geforce settings to optimize the game and it is sitting at 60. Uncapping my fps and bringing it to 200 in custom only brings it to a stable 120 fps. I have a I7-6700k OCed to 4.7, a 1080ti, and 32gb of Corsair Vengance DDR4 at 3000. Does anyone have a clue as to what my problem here might be?

Thanks,

Levixian

Hello Levixian, I assume that you have already overclocked the monitor and saved the settings.

Have you tried tweaking the in game advanced options under the graphics tab in options?

I had to tweak the settings to achieve a stable 120+fps on my 120mhz Predator X34P. A sample can found in my link below:

Hope it helps.

1 Like

bro thank you SOOOO much. im now sitting at 160 constant and 148 mid battles and I used the settings you did on your build except for the resolution

1 Like

My pleasure, dude. Glad it helped.

You can also post on my thread so that people can use your settings and specs as a reference point. =)

Game on, bro.

1 Like

P.S. i think that you can tweak the settings a little more to achieve constant 160fps all the way.

Just that maybe have to reduce the Render Scale but personally, i don’t like to do that because if reduce to 1080p or less, what’s the point of buying a 1440p or 4k monitor, right?

1 Like

exactly and i liked the way everything sits ill comment on it later

1 Like

good for you, bro.

i am now in a dilemma. on ultrawide, if i go 21:9, i lose FOV.
If i go 16:9, i will have those black bars which are very distracting.
If go 2560x1440 @ 16:9, full screen and FOV but it looks pixelated.

1 Like

Kicka$$ rig, btw.
Your OC is excellent, what after market cooler are you using?

Next up, is to OC the 1080ti. :+1:

1 Like

Right now, overwatch has had an issue with fps, so you may be a victim of that. I have a 1080 and 6700k and everything lowest settings with a 240 hz monitor, and I used to hit it no prob. Now I sit at like 150 - 180 with no difference except a patch update they had. They did something to the games resources that cant handle a high framerate

I think that it could be poor optimisation on the part of game.

Personally, if i am to speculate based on the MO of the development team, they could be throttling the FPS beyond a certain number to reduce the advantage it may bring.

1 Like

I dont think thait’s that, otherwise you would see a hard failing cap. Besides, owl all use 240

Is it? Interesting.

You learn something new everyday.

If that the case, then perhaps driver optimisation may be the issue.

1 Like

Silenthill im using a NZXT x61 kraken it makes the cpu run at 30C under load and the gpu is so quiet when gaming that it doesnt need an OC yet :slight_smile:

Monster HS+Radiator combo and the temps! Wow!
Very nice!

No, the OC on the GPU is mainly to squeeze out more FPS at higher graphics settings but of course, that is not really important.

1 Like

This game is more CPU dependent first off. And second, the visuals and maps have been getting more resource intensive as the game gets updated. Go to the new PTR release and Torb’s new Ultimate will drop your FPS even more.

And your CPU is 3 years old, it’s not exactly new.

The reason i had asked in this thread was because WoW ran at 144 fps v-synced and i raid a lot. so it confused me, Thank you btw i love this build i have!!

Right click your desktop and click NVIDIA control panel.

On the left the ‘display’’ drop down and go to cchange resolution, select the 144hz monitor and change it’s refresh rate to 144hz.

Make sure you are using a 'DP=Display port" cable, not DVI.

In game video option you need to change your resolution to read ‘1080x1920 (*144)’

the Nvidia Control Panel showed that the monitor was on a 2560x1440 @144 (Native) and yes it is DP connected

Well, if you the purpose of the FPS is for tracking/competive Overwatch, might as well go with the pro settings.

It’s usually 1440p, fullscreen, all-LOW/Off, with 75% render scale. (Heck, I use a 50% setting it still looks fine because it’s 720p on 25").

I’m running on old horses, i7-4790k and GTX770 and it usually clocks 140-160 fps.

On 1080p monitors it gets to 180-200 fps with 75% render scale.

I suppose anything witg 6th gen and a 1080ti would crush 280-300 fps stable, from what I usually see pro streamers (given that they also stream, which is CPU intensive, it should be better.)

1 Like

What cable are you using for your monitor?

Is it display port or HDMI?