14 nerfs, and you STILL wont focus mercy

But yea lets keep crying shes the one that’s OP. My god I literally can’t stand some of the clueless people playing this game. I’m very tempted to start taking tally of the amount of times I’ve seen a Mercy fly into an enemy team to rez and NO ONE bothers to turn and shoot her.

Yes this is a rant, No I don’t care. 2 years in and too many of you still don’t understand to shoot the support first. And frankly I’m tired of you being constantly rewarded for poor gamesense with sloppy balance changes.

59 Likes

I’m too busy being the support to kill them.

16 Likes

Honestly, 90% of the time I have to jump on Mercy as Lúcio just to put pressure on the healers.

7 Likes

14? I thought we were on like 12 or 13?

1 Like

And she is still almost a must pick…

8 Likes

MFW ‘she’s a must pick’ isn’t the point.

People don’t know how to focus the healers, so they nerf the healers to be easier to kill rather than telling the attackers ‘Kill Mercy’.

7 Likes

I mean in TF2, there are no barriers and everyone has weapons that can hit from medium range. In Overwatch, it can be difficult to actually kill backline members, including Mercy, without first getting through the frontline defenses. Plus, Mercy has incredible mobility, making her difficult to catch. If you stop damaging her for more than 1 second, she begins to reheal at 20 HPS. Other heroes can peel for her in this game too, unlike in TF2. While taking out Mercy first certainly gives you a massive edge in a fight, it’s much easier said than done.

10 Likes

Unfortunately, even when I am the support, I have to eliminate the enemy support…

Support?

3 Likes

I still need a Mercy on my team most times (Even when we have a Zen or a Lucio) as she still is the one to change the tide of battle.

Moira works if I’m Brigitte as we win mostly, but other than that? My team needs Mercy lol

1 Like

Completely missed the point of the comic…

3 Likes

Tbf this is OW, you focus whoever is out of position. There are plenty of times when the right move is to crush the tanks or dps before the supports.

1 Like

Ijs, while there is indeed some bad people who truly ignore her, Mercy is drastically more difficult to successfully focus-down than any other Support.

2 Likes

In which case you may have fed support ults on the enemy team.

There are several things that can stop her mobility, also more than one thing shooting at her will kill her instantly.

If a tank is antinaded or hooked I expect it to be dead before running after the Zen across the map.

1 Like

I’ll get right on that Mercy, right after I get through the 2000 HP barrier protecting her, YOLO my way through her team to reach her, get past the wall she’s hiding behind, wait for the Brigitte stun to wear off, wait for that pink sphere around Mercy to go away, wait for the Defense Matrix covering me to expire, and then (theoretically) get to focus on her if she decided to stay there.

At which point I’ll just click her head, and everything will be awesome.

2 Likes

You’re still just going to ignore her when she jumps into your team for a rez so…

1 Like

Nah, I’ll prioritize whoever’s accessible to shoot. Mercy’s obviously a priority in the rare case that she is accessible.

Your shallow assessment is very reminiscent of what often held people back from doing well in Heroes of the Storm. There was a common line (basically became a meme) in chat: “STOP FOCUSING THE TANKS!” Of course, those who understood the game could tell you that killing a tank is infinitely more valuable than either dying or accomplishing nothing because you were so focused on the “right” target.

1 Like

You’re missing the point, I didn’t say she was unkillable, simply that she takes an enormous amount of effort to bring down compared to the others. Just shoot her? True of literally every hero but Mercy isn’t exactly sporting the largest hitbox in the world.

Now note, I don’t agree with what Blizzard’s doing with her, the entire rework is a failure, but the “LOL just click on her head” arguments don’t do you or anyone else any favors.

2 Likes

Ask for someone to help focus her down, yea tremendous effort needed there. Pressure on a support is their biggest counter, if they have to spend more time trying to avoid you they spending less time doing their job.