13 nerfs aint "in a good spot"

I agree. Well, perhaps next year they’ll finally admit that the rework didn’t go as planned. In the meantime they still haven’t got past the stage called ‘denial’. I’m betting if it hadn’t been for the megathread being mass flagged that we’d still have the policy of ‘move all threads mentioning Mercy into a megathread that is apparently primarily being used for damage control/censorship purposes’.

At least they achieved a record with Mercy though, the worst rework in Overwatch along with the longest time served with an official megavoid. I also find it interesting how there’s been practically no communication from the development team or particularly the leader lately, no developer update video that I’m aware of, not even patch notes on the forum announcing the summer games event.

1 Like

Many tend to hide before using those ults (except for soldier he should be using it in the middle of battle) because they are loud and obvious that most teams tend to avoid. Junkrats literally have to hide his body so he doesn’t insta die from the enemy.

Most mccree’s walk up to high ground hiding their body away so shielding could be less of an issue, reapers either hide behind a wall or teleport up high to suprise the enemy, phara (who definetly die a lot when the enemy see it coming) usually hides behind things like pilars and buildings to secure at least two kills. And Hanzo… do I even need to say?

What I mean is these heroes use their ults to END the team fight. Because they are teamwiping ults and valuable.

A Genji, Reaper, McCree, and Junkrat do not want to waste their ults to Sound Barrier/Transcendence because they know they can win the game with them.

Before, sure. Nobody argued against before the team fight. Those ults are still used in the team fight. Those players still join the team fight.

Mercy was hidden throughout the entire team fight waiting for her team to die.

The main healer, who is supposed to be healing them so they dont die.

1 Like

Uhh no. You pressure the zen and he pops ult so he doesn’t die then you use your ult after. This was dive 101. And even still, you did that in the middle of a team fight.

Except Blizzard think Mercy should be the best at healing:

3 Likes

Yeah, they also thought Res on E was a good idea as well.

Edit: Honestly, Giving a hero the best utility, the best healing and the best escape was just poor design.

This I agree with, but Mercy could only heal one person at a time whereas Zenny and Lucio protected their whole team. Valkirye was intended to fix that, but even before the healing nerf you could burn through it with ults.

Now? You can barely counter anything.

What Mercy were you playing with that did this??? Really I’d like to know because you seem insistent on pushing this narrative. Are you sure she was hiding and not healing? Or was she healing from a safe area so she wouldn’t die but no one bothered to focus her. Because there is a CLEAR difference between the 2. Most people choose not to see that because they tend to assume the healer isn’t doing their job, when they themselves aren’t providing any cover for said supports then are surprised when the support player has an end card with very high healing done.

2 Likes

So you are going to tell me a team of 6 versus a team of 5 needed ults to win that?

And I was refering to during the team fight, see it a lot in diamond where one of those dps go to hide themselves to set up for a proper ulti where with Mercy it was way more risky and dicey. And how would nobody notice a main healer missing from the enemy team? Wouldn’t that tell you exactly what they were doing?

That really just sounds like incompetent play in my honest opinion.

3 Likes

Ive never played Dive, Im a low plat scrub on console. :joy:

Valk is not supposed to be a team saving defensive ult. Valk is very much like Ana’s ult and Moira’s Ult. It’s an offensive ult with defensive capabilities.

Zen and Lucio are off healers. They have the team saving defensive ult. You’ll notice Brigitte falls in this as well giving her team armor before the fights.

1 Like

I have played dive before and he is correct

2 Likes

To be fair, it pretty much works in any meta. Pressure any Zen and they’ll be forced to pop ult early. Unless they absolutely need to save it for another point in time when their teams reseting already.

1 Like

Best healing average doesn’t seem to be completely true anymore.

Before the nerf Mercy had an average healing of 12,113 while Moira had 10,560. Take 17% off Mercy and her healing is worse than Moira (at 10,054 average).

Someone also did a calculation using Overbuff to get an estimate of “total HP contribution” and Mercy came in 4th. If you look up the thread called “Mercy doesn’t heal too much (with stats!)” you can see it for yourself.

That’s still yet to be determined. None of the stat sights have updated properly yet. Though I’m guessing Moira has pulled ahead of her, if not they’re actually tied now.

And no, that thread was bad. They pulled a bunch of numbers that are irrelevant to healing entirely. They gave each support a value depending on how much damage they do, how much healing they do, and a few other factor’s depending on the character.

isnt the whole idea of buffs and nerfs is to make a hero balanced
isnt it?

True. And you have some good points; I think that the biggest issue with this reworm is just that rez is too strong fpr an E ability. It may not be a problem in higher ranks, but in low ranks where over 60% of the playerbase is, she is still THE go-to healer for it.

The amount of “Ana/Moira; can you go Mercy??” is seared into my soul for all time. Pharmercy is basically a Free Win all the way through gold [on console at least] because with rez on E Pharah never dies.

Rez is the only thing that really makes her a better pick for the simple fact that of the red team has it and you dont-- you’re already at a huge disadvantage. You have to kill their main tank or their carry twice every 30 seconds whereas when yours die you’re just dead.

Thats why shes still considered OP. Because the only way to counter that is to have actually-good flankers [good luck with that in this meta] or a Mercy of your own. And in low ranks its much easier to get the latyer than the former.

Now you are just arguing to argue. This strat is the sole reason we don’t have personal performance based SR in diamond and above anymore.

The others have damage and other powerful utility that mercy doesnt. Its actually quite nicely balanced.