120 fps with a 3070 Ive tried everything HELP

I’ve had my 3070 for a while now and it has consistently gotten approximately 120fps during team fights, or not even in team fights but on larger maps. i have tried everying including:

Lowest ow settings
Adjusted all nvidea settings
Closed all background processes
Used win 10 Debloater
overclocked my ram and CPU
disabled hpt in bios
Using the best power option plan in windows
updating all drivers
Setting OW priority to high in task manager

I don’t know what to do.

I have a ryzen 5 3600x
rtx3070
2X8GB of DDR4 ram

Please if anyone has anything at all to try im open to it

Thank you.

Revert this if possible. Sometimes Overwatch does not play friendly with overclocks.

1 Like

You could be getting “stretched clocks” where the CPU is thermal throttling too quickly for the monitoring software to pick it up, which means you are actually getting worse performance out of a higher reported clock speed. The latest CPU architectures are really good about boosting themselves and overclocking isn’t quite as beneficial as it was back in the day, so this is the first thing I’d try.

Just so you know, I play Overwatch on an overclocked watercooled 4.5GHz i5 6600K and OC’d RAM with an OC’d watercooled 1080ti… and I dip below 120FPS from time to time. I have a Ryzen 5600X on order, and I’m not planning to OC it like my 6600K is.

1 Like

i have the same issue as you but instead of 120 im locked at 60 fps

Your issue may be different, I am suspecting there is an issue with the latest NVidia Graphics Card driver. Try reverting to an early driver to see if that helps. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the previous NVidia driver for your system.

1 Like

What framerate are you trying to get anyway? If your monitor is a 120Hz monitor and Vsync/Gsynch is enabled, the framerate isn’t ever going to go above the monitor refresh rate… which is a good thing.

1 Like

sorry everyone I forgot I posted here because I didn’t see any activity.