11 months and 25 days!

This is how long Mercy has been meta. She has received 11 nerfs. All 11 of these nerfs have done nothing to her pickrate.

This is a failed rework.

LET’S SEE IF WE CAN GET IT TO A YEAR!

Edit: 11M20D YAYAYAYAYAY
Edit2: 11M21D Yaaaaaas
Edit3: 11M22D Pocketful of Sunshine - YouTube

100 Likes

But in my last game we had Ana and Zenyatta. :frowning:

1 Like

TBF her pickrate has always been high, and probably always will be. She’s easily the most accessible hero and one of the few heroes (now fewer with Sym’s changes) that don’t require any mechanical aim to do well.

But seriously, this rework has failed.

39 Likes

That doesn’t mean she’s not meta. I’ve had Moira and Lúcio in my games but that doesn’t change Mercy’s meta status.

5 Likes

It’s actually pretty funny, because I remember that back in September 2017 when the rework was first released, many Mercy mains were saying things like “This rework will kill Mercy!” or “The developers just destroyed Mercy with this rework!”. Which is pretty ironic, considering that that rework made Mercy the most overpowered hero in the long history of this game.

46 Likes

It is a meta, is the dominant meta though?

“wE BelIeVE ThiS ReWOrK Is a SucCess”

17 Likes

I mean we’re only humans. You act like the fact we were wrong makes us the devil or something.

Also you’re wrong lol. Everyone saw the fact that Mercy’s average Rezzes per game was much higher with her rework, and were saying so on the PTR Feedback forums. I’m sure some people were saying it would kill her, but you’re acting like it was all of us.

10 Likes

Please mods, make the Mercy thread flag-free so it doesn’t get closed and i don’t have to see mostly unnecessary Mercy threads.

i play a reaper and sombra a lot but that doesn’t mean they ain’t low tier

5 Likes

I was one of the ones telling them she will be meta. Never thought it would last this long.

Yeah, actually. Mercy still has the highest, or at least close to the highest, pick rate of any hero.

Her healing nerf won’t change much, in my opinion. Her resurrect is what’s keeping her alive and res will never be balanced as long as it’s an ability. It just goes to show how much stronger tempo rezzing was than huge res when it was her Ultimate.

5 Likes

it’s convenient to criminalize mercy mains even though the blame should be on the developers for allowing this to carry on for so long.

4 Likes

I have ana in almost every match. That doesn’t mean we won those games though.

4 Likes

most of us were referring to how fun mercy would be after her rework and most of us were right as shes brain dead boring to play now

2 Likes

I personally had so much fun with her when her rework first came out…but it was busted.

oof that hurt

20char

I don’t even try to comprehend the logic of calling this rework a success anymore lol

They need a reality check

6 Likes

I was saying that the invincibility while rezzing was bad idea since day one.

When they have open questions, one of us need to ask if they still think it is a successful rework