100% forced losing streaks

It is handicapping. I suggest you read my thread on the subject

1 Like

The system attempting to create a fair match through a ranking system, for teams to be as evenly matched as possible, I simply refuse to this this type of ā€œhandicappingā€ as you call it to be an issue, fair games, for all players.

MMR is hidden, Iā€™ll agree with that, but you still get matched with and against players of a similar rank, why is that an issue? Is the issue because the system is trying to create matches with 50% win chances? Just because your team has a 50% win chance doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t win 100% of the games.

Also didnā€™t you say you stopped playing this game? Why bother staying here on the forums, of a game you dislike, and have stopped playing?

1 Like

Your lack of understanding is your greatest attribute it seemsā€¦Any system that pushes win chance from a neutral win chance is rigging in that direction if it be 40%, 20%, 90% or 0%.
If I drop to low Bronze for some reason, I have some incredibly bad luck, the system will keep trying to give me 50% winchance matches even though
the ā€œnatural stateā€ for me is mid gold. SKILL WISE.
So as Iā€™ve said maybe 20 times now: The game would try to balance the bronze match by handicapping me to 50% winchance (as IT sees it). Since I can allready hard carry in Silver - you donā€™t have to think long on this to figure out that I can probably toy a bit with bronzes. My Neutral winchance in Bronze would probably be FAR above 50, hence the game is rigged against me. What happened when i dropped to low Silver was just this, matches artificially ā€œbalancedā€ by putting the most inept people on my team and an ā€œequalā€ on the enemy team that I had to overcome - leading to me going 50% for quite a few games before I got fed up and just played the most obnoxious champ I could to stomp the lowskillers and thus win. Got called hacker, smurf (iā€™m 2 star gold portrait - lol) along the way and I am convinced that just letting me play against the average player at any given silver SR would have had me out of there faster and ruining less games for the silvers I outskilled. Itā€™s not only the overskilled that get screwed here. People complaining about alt accounts reking their games can thank the matchmaker for making sure they end up and stay where they are for longer than necessary.

ALSO: Forget ā€œmmrā€ you dont know what it even means. Neither do I. According to the devs itā€™s an abstract that canā€™t be understood like a rank or anything.

4 Likes

If you drop to bronze, your natural state isnt gold, its bronze or very close to it. You cant drop to bronze and keep gold MMR.

Why you should be priviliged to have easier games just because you dropped in ranks? Neutral win chance is 50/50. as you explaind anything else would be rigging, Games like that can happen rarely as limit is 40/60 but to compensate that, your SR loss/gain is modified.

Thats not handicapping. I told you this before alreadyā€¦ matchmaker doesnt care about you. Matchmaker cares about team average MMR. Sorry but you are not important for matchmaker as you might think. If you are in bronze, you will play with bronze, against bronze. Sometimes there will be silvers. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean show me the games where you were handicapped, I want to see example, so far you only talked about it.

If you can hard carry in silver, you will never drop to bronze so please stop making stuff up with some imaginary situations. Even dropping to silver while being able to hard carry silver games makes no sense.

1 Like

No offense, @Zax (I like your detailed ā€œClimbing on Mercyā€ stuff and that you offer to help low elo players. :+1:), BUT are you not a high-plat/mid (?) diamond player, who mostly plays new accounts from unranked/bronze/silver up to your (ā€œnormalā€) rank? :thinking:

1 Like

Something like that, what is your point? I would not say mostly tho. I just never had serious interest to try push to masters.

1 Like

These white knights just donā€™t get it so I break it down.

Pretend itā€™s a team of 3 for simplicity. Team 1: 500 tank, 1000 dos, 1500 support.
Team 2: 1000 dps, 1000 tank, 1000 support.

Both teams have average of 1000 but the dps for team 1 might have to ā€œwork harderā€ cause the tank is half as good as team 2 tank.

The dps from team was ā€œhandicappedā€.

Mind you all these numbers even have to be accurate for this example to even really work in the ideal state. What it is now ā€œ1000ā€ sr on an account thatā€™s 5 yes old maybe really ā€œ1500ā€.

Compounded errosion of sr and you get wobble match maker games where you steamroll then get steamrolled - or you go on ā€œstreaksā€.

I know you can climb but also you put yourself on the op shoes, what server & ping & time of day do they play? If you canā€™t match then just move on.

2 Likes

I am not kind of person who can do one thing for a long time so I just do what I like in the game, I try to keep things interesting, challenging (like that mercy climbing :slight_smile: ) and similar stuff. Or using alts to learn heroes. I already achieved my goals in Overwatch with making it to dia on all roles. Currently I spend most of my time on this account, I still have have goal to make it to dia again as I would like to have it on stream :slight_smile: so anyone can see that climbing is very poissible. And I jsut want to have it recorded for myself. But I am not super dedicated to it, for example today I could practice like 5 hours in overwatch to push the ranks. Instead I played few games of QP with friends, spend almost 2 hours reviewing games for others and played 2 comp games on alt just for fun.

2 Likes

I would like to react but Iits way too late for me now as I am going to bed, I will definitely react to this tomorrow because I dont agree with what you said :slight_smile:

You conveniently ignore my statment about MMR I see - You canā€™t use it as a ā€œranking systemā€ like you do. IT ISNT. EVEN THE DEVS HAVE SAID SO WHEN ASKED ABOUT IT. I EXPLAINED IT IN MY POST. IT.DOES.NOT.WORK.THAT.WAY.

I would not be priveliged to anything, I would just hit a point where no bad luck could drop me further in my losing streak. You donā€™t need MMR or any other system to achieve 50%

And as for you disbelieveing me I will have you know I dropped to sub 1600 - from 2360SR over some days - never got to bronze but 1500-something is damned close. My bronze example, wich you take entirely too litterally, is just there to underline my point - Hypotetical scenarios are used this way in argumentation and logic - itā€™s a hyperbole.

You donā€™t get to dismiss my argumentation just because you dont like it and it doesnā€™t fit in with your worldview. Dishonesty has no place here. Iā€™ve been diamond as well at one point, you know, you might say Iā€™ve dropped from Dia to Silver. Or gold for that matter - you can check my profile.

2 Likes

Tbh, I went on this losing streak down a whole rank and have now been on a winning streak back up. Thatā€™s not to say that I lost every single match on the way down nor won every match on the way back up. But itā€™s incredibly strange how I feel like Iā€™m not really doing anything differently than what Iā€™ve done before and yet Iā€™m starting to win on a fairly consistent basis. Iā€™m about two-thirds of the way back up the ladder where I used to be, but for all I know, I could go back to having loss after loss after loss with the occasional win/draw here and there. Iā€™ve solely been playing solo queue btw.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking at your profile now, and Iā€™m sorry to say this, but I highly doubt youā€™ve been above gold rank for any role at any point. Based on stats alone, you should be lower ranked than I am, and there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe this season just isnā€™t going great for you, and previous seasons were better. By no means am I saying Iā€™m better than you, Iā€™m not.

Iā€™m sure weā€™ve been over this point before, but I dropped from 2000 down to 1200, and itā€™s been almost like clubbing baby seals climbing back up, sure some games are still lost, but I am having no issue (personal experiences may vary) climbing back to where I belong.

1 Like

So what you are saying is you dropped to bronze and thought you could play whatever and still win then realized you are not good enough at other heroes, therefore your bronze tier skill on everything else had you ā€œstuckā€ for a while in bronze until you got fed up and decided to play w/e you are ā€œdecentā€ at and climbed back to your rank?
Itā€™s really sad seeing how you are so close to getting it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll even double down ā€¦ (and yes I think on my phone Iā€™m on 1 account vs deskstop)ā€¦

This is how the game knows you have a 40% to 60% winning chance. Team 2 (all 1k, ) might have the 60% winning because the game knows (based on ideal numbers) that all the players have less spread.

Questions are, how does the game know what your winning percent is when making the game? That is MMR, and when your above average relative to your group, you are being handicapped. I just think the spread needs to be tighter (but then wait times might go up).

Iā€™ll add to this and use my self as an example. I will round up to 2500 (tho my dps season high is 2389) for ease.

I dropped to 1565 on a losing streak over a few days. we round that down to 1500 for ease.

So there I am 2500 peak skill just a few days ago now 1500. Has my skill changed? NO. itā€™s the same that brought me near plat where Iā€™ve allmost allways been.

So Matchmaker starts matching. It knows my skill so it doesnā€™t just make me a 1500 game as it should have if it was neutral. It makes a special 1500 game as best it can:

1. It just plops me at 1500 and puts a player of 2500skill on the other team or maybe two 2200, who knows. They are not typical 1500s so the game stays just as sweaty for me because instead of having a 1500 game wich, remember, is my current SR - this is me. Luck or not.

2. It puts me in a 1500 game but compensates by putting 500 skill teammates in my team but 1500 on the enemy team to balance the scales. I get dead weight to carry, the enemies get 5 easy enemies and one ā€œsmurfā€. Dissatisfaction commences.

3. a combo of the above or:

4. the mm gives up and jsut makes some kind of gameish. experience happen.

All of the above are examples of poor match quality. And it will inevitably lead to more losses than needed causing overperforming players to ruin matches longer in lower ELO because you donā€™t get a huge boost of SR with an old account.

I actually placed 1600ish on one of my alts - then I got 60- 100 SR per win for a while and ended in mid gold.

1 Like

ah the good old ā€œyouā€™re lying because you say something that might change my mind if it was trueā€. Add me as friend and check my profile in game :stuck_out_tongue: Do it and apologize for calling me a liar.

Iā€™m not saying your lying, I even stated that this season might not be the best one for you, and previous seasons were better. If itā€™s true thatā€™s fantastic, if not, it makes no difference to me.

Also I wasnā€™t trying to shame you or anything of the sorts, on average, my stats based on time played vs yours are higher, I know gold moves differently than Silver, at one point I was high Plat (injured my hands, and now have nerve damage) so I canā€™t consistently play as I used too as it hurts and restricts my movement.

2 Likes

Your snark is unwanted. Youā€™ve no buisness being a dik. I played mostly Mccree, tracer ashe and hanzo. All of wich i have positive winrates on :stuck_out_tongue:

To stomp out of bronze I just locked in Bastion and hosed people down, occationally pharah. Anything Silvers found hard to deal with. It stopped working at 1900ish so went back to normal heroes. My profile is open you can check :stuck_out_tongue:

I just had 20 loses in a row yesterday. Same happend two weeks ago. Iā€™m sure the game will give me similar wins like it was last time.

Matching is a joke now

Yes. Its always teh same. Winn6 lose 6 win 5 lose 6 draw win 4 and , below diamon people will lose more than win so, never ending hardstuck