100% CPU & GPU with 20ish FPS

Yesterday my wife loaded up her game, and immediately at the main menu the FPS drop to 20ish (at best) and the CPU/GPU spiked to 100%. It’s been about 2 weeks since she’s played, but has never had an issue in the past running ultra at 144fps. No settings have been changed (game or PC) prior to this happening.

Specs - MSI GS65 Stealth, GTX1070, 16gb DDR4, i7-8750h 2.20 ghz

I’ve done the normal troubleshooting … ran repair from client, dropped settings to low, game is running the 1070 from NVidia panel, uninstalled Synapse (saw this fixed for others), made sure drivers were up to date, but nothing helped.

Any ideas?

What do the temps look like?

With any PC-related tech issue, please include a DxDiag so members of the community can help you troubleshoot. Thank you.

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

Pastebin hash - 3S163hGA

It could be related to any of the following:

Problem signature:
P1: NahimicService.exe

Problem signature:
P1: MSI Remind Manager.exe

I’m also seeing a lot of RAM errors, as well as errors related to failed Windows updates. It’s worth disabling the two apps above, and then manually checking for updates to Windows.

After that, consider using these steps to make sure nothing else is eating RAM:

I disabled NahimicService.exe (didnt have a MSI Remind Manager.exe running) … launched app, still the same. Checked for Windows updates with no new updates.

I disabled all startup apps, restarted, still happening :frowning:

At this point I would recommend checking for overheating components with HWMonitor. If you can take some screenshots of the HWMonitor window and upload to Imgur (make sure all components have their details expanded), I can take a look.

If you haw the same problem like me, then it wont be fixed until Overwatch will release a new patch, and even after that you haw to hope for a fix…

I already tried everything that blizz support told me and didn’t find a fix for FPS drops, but its always the same problem for a lot of people, and its the game patch, its always the new game patch…

You get fps drops or you don’t.

1 Like

Worst patch by far…
unplayable heroes, framedrops…
Confirmed indie game company lmao

Temps are all fine, I’ve checked numerous times but if you really want i can upload them to imgur … thing is, everything on the PC is running fine, other games are fine … played a few weeks ago fine … really at this point the only change has been the New Years patch, and im really beginning to believe thats what it is.

1 Like

Wouldn’t hurt to look them over.

I just upgraded my PC to Windows 10 on a brand new SSD and used to get consistent 60fps. Now I can barely hit over 40 during matches. In menu’s it’s normal, then soon as I start a match I am jumping from 16fps to 33, to 45, then consistently in the 30’s. Nothing is overheating, I deleted all the Razer software I used to be able to run with OW just fine. I REALLY think it is just the game at this point and there is nothing I can do until another patch rolls out. At least I know I am not the only one having FPS issues. I’m bummed because I just updated my PC to play OW with my friends, now I can’t. Very frustrating.

1 Like

An update on this … I fixed the issue on accident.
I did a factory reset (with keeping files) to remove all drivers, software etc assuming there was something this new OW wasnt agreeing with. It fixed it …

I then was going to go piece by piece and update drivers, install software etc to see what would get it back to the low FPS …
Step 1) Changed Display settings to Extent from mirror … Broke it …
Step 2) Revert to Mirrored Display … Fixed it …

… While this is in NO away an acceptable fix, its a temp fix, at least she can play