100% CPU and GPU When Launched on Extended Display

Hello,

This isn’t a major problem, but just a minor inconvenience.

I connect my laptop to an external monitor and run an extended display. I launched Overwatch and noticed my FPS was low. I opened the task manager and saw that I was at 100% CPU and GPU usage. I looked at which GPU was being used and it was the Intel one. I closed Overwatch.

I changed my settings to show only on my laptop display. I lauched Overwatch and it is now using my NVIDA GPU. I changed the settings back to extended display and Overwatch is still running fine.

I changed my settings to show only on my external monitor. I launched Overwatch and it is using my NVIDIA GPU. I changed the settings back to extended display and Overwatch is still running fine.

TLDR------------------------------------------------------------------
If I launch Overwatch while only on a single display and extend the display afterwards, it is fine. If I launch Overwatch while on extended display, then it uses my Intel GPU instead of the NVIDIA GPU.

I’ve tried the NVIDIA Control Panel fix and resetting the in-game options. Again, it’s just a minor inconvenience, but I’d prefer not to switch to single display, launch Overwatch, and then switch back to extended display.

I have tried launching other games while on extended display and they do utilize my NVIDIA GPU.

2 Likes