1.30 patch now online! (New Hero Ashe) - IMPORTANT PATCHING INFORMATION!

Had a few questions about the installation process, but I see they’ve already been answered…
Thanks for the info Wyoming; your threads are greatly appreciated.

1 Like

So I noticed that the battle.net client said live maintenence is happening right now and to restart the client

I closed and re-opened battle.net, but when I clicked “check for updates” it just has the loading icon in the corner next to “checking for updates.” It’s been doing that for 5 minutes now

1 Like

Try clearing out the BattleNet cache files:

1 Like

The only issue I had in playing today was the launcher didn’t know where my install was for some reason and I had to show it. It wanted me to install the game, which I thought was odd because I assumed it’d reinstall itself. I checked my game drive and Overwatch was still there so I showed it where the files were, it verified, and off I went.

Thank you very much. I’ll check all that out. Anyway, I have to format after the Windows update, I will take the opportunity to reinstall everything properly.

Just as a brief update, I have been tracking the reports about the game not loading for incompatible systems. Remember that if you are crashing, to post details in this thread:

WM: they should hire you as a FT support gm

I am glad I left my client open this morning. >.>

So will the game run as the PTR? Because the ptr runs like BS to me, tons of frame drops and stuff.

Its so awkward looking ar Mercy and Symmetra standing there with those insignificant changes beside them.

“…these do nothing about my issues but okay??”

In my opinion, the changes are highly significant, increasing Mercy’s effectiveness substantially

With apologies, I do not think the devs make changes to address any one persons’ individual concerns

1 Like

Wait, this was the BIG patch everyone has been talking about? I needs to know, plz……!

Yes… yes it is.

2 Likes

Love that GIF!

You should not need to uninstall on PC assuming you have a few gigabytes to spare (which you will get back once the install is complete).

You can try to uninstall and redownload the application, however if the quoted time remains the same, I suspect a problem with your bandwidth on your Internet connection.

Griffin Bennett taught me well.

Also I must admit: patch’s glitches are wonderful:

3 Likes

Thank you…i lost an endorsement level due to the patch kicking in all of a sudden and booted everybody out of their game

(at least i think thats the reason i lost the endorsement level like 25 minutes later when we were back in doing games)

Hello, could you please post a link to the official patch notes website in the annoucements?

Community Manager Tom Powers has previously stated the official website’s patch notes page is now the go-to place for the patch notes for live patches. Not quite sure why they stopped duplicating them in the announcements forum.