1-3-2 didn't work. Now what?

So Jeff you didn’t like the feedback. I understand it, 1-3-2 would’ve divided the community (even more) and I think you made the right decision. But…

The queues are worse than ever. Now what? Got a plan B?

(It’s a fair question).

2 Likes

Did he directly say that?

3 Likes

He said most of the feedback he observed was negative and that he didn’t anticipate it’d go through based on that feedback. Kinda tried to leave things open-ended but the lack of follow-up tells me that things probably didn’t change significantly.

9 Likes

Bring in some of those tank changes to 2-2-2 and I’d definitely play more tank lol. Make tanks super op like dps and you’ll get more people to play the role.

12 Likes

I think 2/2/2 is still the answer for the game. The complaints most people have against it are simply that DPS role queue is very high and that there is less variation in the game. People can’t do 3/3 or 4/1/1 for example.

The overall solution to that is just release more tank and supports into the game that will draw people into those roles as opposed to the DPS slot. However, they need to have varying playstyles that can let people do stuff sort of like in the past of it possibly feeling like 3/3 or 4/1/1/.

We have aggressive Dva/Hammond for dive DPS in the tank slot. Roadhog could be moved to a healer tank with the recent experimental change allowing for new variations in roadhog, zen/brig/lucio comps. (Not sure how strong that might be with 2 main healers and a hog with one shield. Some of the DPS roster could be moved to a more support or tank roster to quickly get new characters into those roles that will simultaneously lower the DPS interest.

For example, Mei could be a tank possibly or doomfist could be removed from a dive DPS into an alternate dive tank. Sombra could be put into a more supportive DPS category for the support slot allowing another DPS in that slot.

These moves all expect balance changes for a new role, but that is the direction I think is most possible.

5 Likes

3-2-1 was pretty enjoyable, what are you talking about? maybe you should try playing the game first?

2 Likes

I don’t know
Maybe increase team members to 7 or 8

So it will be 2-3-2 or 2-4-2
It will have a lot of problems in the beginning but i think they can fixed and give a huge buffs to tanks and supports

I know Jeff has said they don’t really want to do it because it’d be expensive, but I think 2-3-2 is the way to go. Also, they’re already doing an engine overhaul, so it seems like it’d be an ideal time to make some changes to it to allow for different team comps–even if they try 2-3-2 and don’t like it as a core mode, they could still add in BTB modes in the Arcade

So they’ll do other things. It’s experimental. Calm down.

3 Likes

Yeah, he did. (20ahehshsjwhwh)

1 Like

Every experimental is testing limits and cause/effect.
Nothing they do should be taken super seriously but we need to make a point to give them feedback that doesn’t sound like crying babies.
Whether we like or hate the changes we can let them know in a well articulated post and from there they can make the changes the feel necessary.
These experimental modes are going to be a great resource for them as long as we give the proper form of feedback.
It’s also not a matter of a plan ‘b’ or ‘c’
It’s a matter of what they learn from each experimental mode that counts.
It’s a plan ‘infinity’

1 Like

I hope
I’m a support main actually and i have a friend he’s a dps main when we search together it take a long time if they increase team members queue time will reduce

Also 2-3-2 will bring buffs to supports🤓
Tank also

2 Likes

Wait… so your solution is that people don’t like eating poop sandwich’s let’s make more? You people are daft. Tanking is always a very niche role in games. In WoW for example no one liked to tank. No one. Making more tanks will not solve this issue. People like the inherent play styles that are only afforded damage dealing classes. Tanking presents all sorts of balancing isssues that prevent them from incorporating the types of abilities and movement that people find attractive in the dps class.

These forums are not representative of the vast player base of Overwatch and tanks are certainly a very niche role that only few find engaging or entertaining.

2 Likes

I think you are supposed to put < > instead of ( ) XD

They need to fix tank balance.

The current meta is completely alienating to any tank who doesn’t want to play Reinhardt. I know he’s popular but other tanks had fans too.

3 Likes

I actually loved 1-3-2. But still respect those who didn’t.

If a change makes half the community happy and the other half unhappy, it’s not a good change in my opinion. It was kinda 50/50.

I don’t want to start another 2-2-2 vs 1-3-2 war. Just wanted to know if the devs are working on it.

1 Like

The only tank remotely engaging or fun to play is Ball. Zarya is a super boring character, Orissa is… ungodly boring. I’d rather play backgammon than Sigma or Roadhog. And Rein… who the hell has fun walking forward with a shield all day?

I really like that one. 7vs7 sounds like fun. They could add another dps and implement some of the tank changes we tried on the experimental card.

After his stupid unjustified nerf, Ball is a bad tank, though. He’s a hero you play if you want to have fun at the expense of your team.

The one saving grace to this meta was “I guess at least I can play Wrecking Ball” and they took it away!

But they have to do a lot of work to balance so they should be ready for it first
A lot of tanks and supports should get buffs and some of dps need nerfs and some of them need buffs

It will be a big challenge for them