1.26 Loot Box Duplicates Issue

^Thanks for the quick response :smiley:

2 Likes

Is does this include loot boxes gained through leveling?

Thank you :kissing_heart:

Thank you!!! (20 characters)

Awesome, thanks. I wasn’t actually expecting to get those lootboxes back.

I just opened 28 lootboxes that I was saving for the release of wrecking ball. All dupes. Does this mean I get those 28 lootboxes back?

^Loot boxes that were collected before the new patch will not contain any of the new cosmetics, the loot in the box is decided instantly when you earn the lootbox

4 Likes

But was it their servers that crashed or something not within Blizzard’s control?

I also think the devs said they can’t manually alter SR.

nice!
20char,

much thankarooooooos Geoff is papa

I had 117 loot boxes of all four items being duplicates, (I got pretty annoyed and started counting), despite only having just over half of the standard non-event items. I was getting very frustrated.

1 Like

Are the loot boxes fixed now on the current game
Never mind they are

Only players who RECEIVED (i.e. earned through leveling, through arcade wins, or purchased) new loot boxes during the glitch will get additional loot boxes. Any boxes you had saved up from before the glitch were unaffected by the glitch and worked correctly. Remember, content is determined the instant a box is received, so any changes in the content pool, the duplicate system, or the rarity percentages will never affect loot boxes you already earned.

You guys will not be receiving any additional loot boxes with the exception of any you received after updating to patch 1.26 (but before they fixed the issue). When you opened them is irrelevant.

Thanks Blizzard team!

I was getting a lot of duplicates but just thought “Oh well, bad luck”. :grin:
Cool to see Blizzard owning up and giving back to the players even if it was an error or bug. :+1:

Great news! Thank you, guys!

Will console players be able to receive the compensation (or rather the extra lootboxes) for their purchases?

I know it’s difficult to trace items bought on Xbox Live Marketplace and PSN store. It’s been bugging me because I know you guys often don’t have access to those records. :frowning:

Thank you for the quick fix.
I got one by leveling up, and another one via arcade just yesterday, both with dupes.

Does this include console players too? I have had 30 plus duplicate items in the last 10 or so boxes…

I just got a lootbox by leveling up. It had one duplicate (Hanzo voiceline: “Simple geometry”) but it didn’t show up as a duplicate so I didn’t get any OW currency from it? Has this happened to anyone else?