🏓 Why are people posting about Hong Kong? [Explanation]

These actions are not isolated incidents performed by a small group of people, they’re reflections of the environment that has been created by the larger movement. As easy as it is to say “Communists bad,” both sides have to be held accountable for their actions regardless of who you support.

Peaceful protest is still possible in the face of violence, that was Martin Luthor King’s strategy in the Civil Rights Movement - by limiting aggression to a single side of the argument that violence is inexcusable.

Have I not said so? Those responsible should be punished. However right now the police as a force that is supposed to be protecting people is actively stomping (sometimes literally) on human rights.

This sounds like someone who has not followed what has happened to those who “peacefully protest” in HK. Believing in the cause is one thing, trying to choke a government into compliance by throwing actual human lives into its maw until they cannot handle it anymore is quite another.

This isn’t America, these people are in peril.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 39 days.

Xi looks to destroy Hong Kong and replace it with Macau

ht tps://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/xi-about-make-macau-next-financial-powerhouse

“This topic was automatically opened after 39 days”

I dont think even the Mercy megathread was flagged that much…

Don’t worry, they’ll lock it down again once it shows some traction and embarrasses them again…

2 Likes

This is still an ongoing issue over there. We ought not forget.

2 Likes

this is the one thread that’s worth necroing

4 Likes

Exactly. Lest we just say “Nah, screw your freedom”. I do hope those two commentators didn’t end up in a ditch somewhere.

Oh hey, this thread

Any news about HK? Havent heard anything since the virus outbreak.

The world is on lock down due to a massive pandemic virus… what to do , what to do… Oh I know I’ll necro a 6 month old thread that has nothing to do with the game so I seem relevant !!!

6 Likes

Thread will definetly be locked due to this Necro.

It’s still going on. HK court made a descision that the police are allowed to search peoples phones without a warrant. People are still being arrested without reason.

“What to do, I know, I’ll yell at people for talking about a companies descision on a human rights crisis, because I am a clown”

Imagine if it was your rights that were being taken away. HK protesters are braver than I will ever be, and I will always respect them for that.

3 Likes

Of course they are, but this is the Overwatch forum. Blizzard caved to the whining protesters and reversed their decision about the Hearthstone pro player that broke his contract so what is there to say here on the Overwatch forums.

If you want to make political rants do them on your political blog not on a game forums. Personally I’ll focus on the current crisis that affects us all and keep shaking my head at the fact that US can’t seem to figure out simple math.

2 Likes

Not fully. and Whining? Senators from both parties sent Blizzard a letter regarding the ban. Do you know how hard it is to get a bi-partisan agreement right now? And he broke 1 very vague rule. They also fired the interviewers, even though they didnt know what would happen.

And HK is still a current crisis.

Also, Valorant is onwed by Riot games. Riot is 100% owned by Tencent, a chinese company that censors things like Tienammen massacre, and, wouldnt you know, Hong Kong.

1 Like

so would be worse then what people are saying that Blizzard did ?

Its not just “the forumers fault”. The chinese Blizzard page after the incident praised the decision against the pro player in the name of “Defending Chinas pride”

But its also worth mentioning that everyone bashed the american division of Blizzard while the chinese division made almost all of the decisions.

1 Like

Imagine being mad at someone necroing a thread that talks about a serious issue.

2 Likes

oh, the fad ended and now nobody cares

Im shook