🏓 Why are people posting about Hong Kong? [Explanation]

so let me get this straight… you guys are quitting a game because a guy who was suspended for breaking the rules of the organization , in which he accepted the agreement , and knew he shouldn’t say that stuff on live broad cast decided he was gonna be a smart mouth, then got punished for thinking he was above the rules , so your thought process is “He was in the right…I’m gonna quit playing Blizzards games that’ll show them…” well NEWFLASH! they don’t care about you, you already bought the game numb nuts, that’s like walking up to a burger place buying the burger then driving away with out it, they have your money , and you are still hungry… boy you guys geniuses lol. He had a right to his freedom of speech , yes Ill agree with you on that , but here is the thing there are consequences for anything you do , they can be positive or negative , and guess what… he got what he deserved for trying to troll people on a live broad cast , present your self professionally or consider your self fired.The lesson from all of this? How about having some common sense… LOL

18 Likes

This is a truly terrible take.

4 Likes

Wrong. Blizzard is punishing the player for breaking a rule that the player agreed to abide by when he joined their Esports competition.

To think they’re punishing him for his political stance is just ignorant.

12 Likes

i mean its not the only reason but certainly adds to the pile of why im not going to consider future Blizzard titles

7 Likes

I mean all the good reasons to leave Blizzard and you pick this one…

1 Like

Breaking the rule = Expressing political opinion contrary to authoritarian opinion = Breaking the rule …

Isn’t that clearly punishing him for expressing political opinion? This has Fascism all over it.

16 Likes

I wonder if the Ten Center army is posting through alt accounts in this thread, or if this many people genuinely pity big corporations censoring players in a way that disrespects one nation and empowers the oppression of another nation.

19 Likes

See you tomorrow / next day after tomorrow back in the game though. Aint Nobody leaving anything
Would be a thing and a good message if players really quit for real ,but that never happens. Devs will make another unsuspecting hero gay to distract the playerbase. That works SO WELL i can already see it. Remeber the backlash before 76 being announced gay? I sure do.

2 Likes

So you not seeing any more movies either?

Cause almost every entertainment industry creates content for China

No it’s called breaking guide lines, that’s like if I was in the overwatch league and then in the middle of an interview I said " I hate jews…" you think they wouldn’t put me on suspension, ofcourse they would, because I stated an opinion about something that made people feel uncomfortable, and he did the exact same thing , he literally was trolling the interview wearing a gas mask and goggles, and you wanna tell me he was taking that all serious? hell no he wasn’t lol so ya he got what he deserved come correct or get fired your choice ladies and gentle men cause at the end of the day it’s a business.

2 Likes

I guess they simply chose the market with more money right now.

1 Like

Well I mean, that was clear the moment they announced Diablo immortal. Not a single american gamer I know is going to be playing that garbage.

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that.

1 Like

Blizzard is a chinese company? What

6 Likes

[ 2019 HEARTHSTONEÂŽ GRANDMASTERS OFFICIAL COMPETITION RULES v1.4 ] p.12, Section 6.1 (o)

Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.

————

blitzchung knew what he was doing. Best money he ever spent.

But don’t for one second think that just because he’s right makes breaking the rules right as well.

Just because he was smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity presented for a just cause doesn’t mean we should be stupid about the consequences for breaking a rule he agreed to abide by when he entered the competition. :clap:t4:

12 Likes

Not directly. Investors rolling big cash in acti blizz and the whales are all Chinese. Would you screw with your MAJOR ivestors of your company?

Pretty sure Activision is based out of Santa Monica.

Coulda fooled me

<20char>

Its not about where and who is the ceo though. That means nothing .

Leans as well
I belive it is freedom tuesday sir/ma’am.

2 Likes