🎂 Happy Birthday, Golden Glove Megathread. We still trying

I’m proud, nostalgic, and frustrated by this thread but today’s it’s been a year since it accosted the forums.

It’s frustrating we’re not further forward. But I have hope. Perpetual hope. Maybe next event. Maybe this Anniversary.

Anyway. Just seemed like a milestone.

24 Likes

I think that this is nuts. It takes a ridiculous amount of time, IMO, playing ranked of all things, to earn that and it cannot even be flaunted. Something is just wrong with that to be honest.

Edit: First I heard of that was in that thread. I am just dumbfounded.

6 Likes

For four years… have the Devs ever even acknowledged that they’ve heard y’all?

Or do they just cherry pick who they respond to?

5 Likes

Blow out the candles and make a wish :birthday:

2 Likes

Oh cool. My Hawaiian BOB thread passed seven months. Time flies.

Anyway, they didn’t even made “you are not prepared” voice line for Illidan Genji and young Reaper voice is still available only in Retribution. What did you expect?

They made beach torb almost 2 years after, and it wasn’t that revealing

1 Like

Highlander BOB makes more sense given Ashe’s middle name is Caledonia and that means Scotland.

It’s Hawaiian because BOB wears hawaiian shirt in this skin, and it makes sense as fanon, because Ashe with her resources can afford a vacation anywhere

I could name this skin “tourist BOB” or “VIP-beach Ashe”, but these names have no identity for me.

I have a theory, as I do not believe in coincidences, and please bare in mind I maybe way off.

I have struggling to wrap my head around this. On top of the fact I just learned of it yesterday. Just about anyone new to Overwatch knows of the requests for Blizzard to re release limited skins, like Pink Mercy, yet some how this gets buried.

When it dawned on me.

In Hearthstone the most requested re release was the Tyrande skin for priests. It came out briefly and was attached to a promotion through Twitch, that the vast members of the community did not get.

About the same time Blizzard re releases it so everyone has a chance to get it, it was originally region locked, the skin is given to us in Overwatch.

Is that tongue in cheek or a little bit too ironic. It is worth noting it took years for Blizzard to fix that in Hearthstone. I believe it will take that long to address here.

Who knows? They may just let her be the only one to show off a golden weapon in Overwatch 2. /ReaperShrug

1 Like

A year later I’m here to add that Junkrat still needs a golden tire 🤷

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with this. An golden snowball and golden jet pack.

1 Like

And that is nuts too. It is almost as these golden weapons were an afterthought. Just seems wrong. As two squirrels in a wool sock wrong.

2 Likes

There are many, many injustices in how many golden weapons aren’t golden… however… no other is more iconic than the much needed, well deserved golden Symmetra glove.

How hard is it to recolor her arm gold? How hard is it? You just take her basic model, and quite literally color it gold. How old is this game, now? Nearly five years old? Holy cow that is sad. As if your favorite hero wasn’t lame enough (gameplay wise, dont worry. I love Symmetra as a character), you can’t flaunt your golden weapon that you ever so rightfully deserve to show off if you somehow manage to win with the accursed hero.

I am honestly baffled. The last thing I needed was another reason to be disappointed in this game. And now, that’s +1 on my ever so lengthy “Reasons to be Disappointed with Overwatch” list.

1 Like

We should also talk about how Moira’s golden bracelets were made more prominent since her original reward was nearly invisible. It’s not like they haven’t done this in the past. They made Bob golden too after huge fan demand in Emongg’s chat at BlizzCon.

That’s quite literally a slap in the face to Symmetra mains. Making Moira’s more visible? No problem, do some justice to her. But Symmetra should have been the priority. Her issue has been prominent since the game’s debut.

2 Likes

Symmetra needs her golden glove and Torbjorn needs his golden turret!

There is a whole list of weapons and tools that need the golden treatment. But if Blizzard has ignored Symmetra mains (nothing out of the usual) this long, don’t expect anything. :slightly_smiling_face:

BlizzActivision is a corporate greed and filled with lies and false promises. When will they step up their game and show that they care about their costumers?

Just wait before a fake police admin silence me because I’m not allowed to tell the truth here.

Wouldn’t he shocked. A friend of mine was silenced a few months ago for exposing Blizzard’s blatant laziness for combating toxicity. :roll_eyes:

They’ve also ignored many popular megathreads like Bastion. Clearly tells a lot about Blizzard showing ‘care’ about their community.

1 Like

Their lack of care about poor heroes like Bastion combined with lack of toxicity being dealt with is why I quit PvP in this game. I main Bastion so matches aren’t 6v6, they’re 1v11. So tired of it. I’ll be playing Archives and Custom Games until Overwatch 2 comes out. Nice going Blizzard, you made one of your four Bastion mains worldwide quit.

2 Likes