𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 π’±π“Šπ“π“…π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝐼𝓃𝓃 (Reopened) 🦊

Well, that’s the forums for you. A little unfair in my opinion.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of my battletag either but I’m not paying ten dollars to change it, so…

1 Like

Blizzard did this to me back when In my old Lich King days on WoW. They never really gave me a reason as to why it happenned when i enquired.

All they said was something about an account being deemed inactive. But when they probed, clearly my account was still active with an active sub.

1 Like

I’ve been told that Blizzard will change your battletag themselves if it’s inappropriate or goes against their terms of service.

… which can’t be the case for me, because BattlePants was a Blizzard-generated username for me. I’m at a loss.

1 Like

I was wondering were you were.

I’ve don that sme thing multiple times an didn’t get a ban.

I recall a thread taking about their Blizzard generated name being flagged and changed.

1 Like

Okay, now that’s just pathetic. What’s vulgar about β€œBattlePants”? Come on, Blizzard.

2 Likes

Im thinking it’s an automated system where β€œpants” is a blacklisted no-no. What a world we live in

2 Likes

Imagine being a large company and blacklisting a word that’s in all of your company generated usernames. Big brain, am I right

2 Likes

Oh it gets worse for them.

My WoW name was XxxTG and they changed it.
Apparently triple x did me in.

2 Likes

Damn, and I thought Xbox was bad with censorship. There’s literally nothing bad with that

3 Likes

Funny thing is, back when, when a username was taken, people pre/appended things to that username to make it unique (ie. numbers and other letters).
Xxx was a popular one and i saw Countless xxxNameHere tags after they switched mine. So i was all…bish im quitting this gaem.

I dont see how how Battlepants can be offensive though. That’s just down right nasty, bushleague of them.

4 Likes

Just glad I’m an Xbox player, so this incident only ended up changing my identity on here.

2 Likes
Wait, they can forcefully change your pc name?
The most idiotic thing I have ever and will ever hear. Really?
I've never seen any examples of Xbox censorship other than messages I report get instantly delyeeted because some salt shaker messages me and donates some salt. Wait, did I say 'some'? I swear if people's saltiness was transferred into real salt then it could've created 101 waterless oceans, if not more.
2 Likes

Well, if your battletag goes against their ToS or is reported for being β€œvulgar”, they might change it. And PC Overwatch just uses your battletag, yeah?

1 Like

I thought people make a custom name like I did…

1 Like

I’m not sure, I play on Xbox and Switch only

1 Like
I improved these quotes by 9001%!
1 Like

Lol, I’m not a fan of my new identity either

2 Likes

Well like i said.
They never gave me a definitive answer.
But they did chang my name without my permission.

I dunno.
WoW tings i guess.

2 Likes

Periodic check in on you, Lynn.

Hope that you’re continuing to improve? <3

No change to the almighty pants of battle yet either. Hope they get back to you soon.

1 Like

Yeah, I like BattlePants better.

Speaking of which, there are lots of pairs of pants on these forums: Battlepants, Superpants, Wildpants, to name a few.

3 Likes