✅ Would this make Mercy players happier?

Well, they could make it so Mercy healing is stronger when she’s standing closer to her heal target.

She’ll be OP with those changes

An Answer For Brigitte, Dr. Ziegler was concerned for her safety in battle and tweaked her healing formula.

-Shield Restore-
When the Caduceus beam is attached to a hero, their shield heals 30% faster when put away and restores at 20 per second when deployed.

Honestly, making the main heal beam of Valkyrie stronger while weakening the chains is probably the most bang for your buck change they could do for her.

2 Likes

So, what would make sense?

Staff: 60hps
Valk: 80hps center beam, 50hps chain beam
Valk: 10 sec duration

Something along those lines. Ideally I’d like more changes than that, but that would be a very very solid start. With those changes I might actually play Mercy again to see if that fixes her enough to not make her miserable to play.

Pretty much.

If the moth PTSD folk cry I’ll take 50 staff with 75/30 Valk.

I honestly don’t care if it is underbalanced for 6 (more) months as long as the inherent design flaw is adjusted.

sounds a bit like BigMainLittleChains

Though I doubt that it would come close to Coalescence in terms of sustaining that teammate leading the way.

Main issue with Valkyrie, is how easy it is to start whole chain of deaths by focusing one of enemies.

It won’t take much coding to make both beams independent, so you aren’t forced to choose between damage boost and healing, but instead can choose, who receives which.

I personally dont think it should be able to provide 1/3 of the fire bar for pressing E. It may be difficult to get, but the fact is, you pressed e on a dead body that you werent able to keep alive. For it to grant the same amount of fire points as an elimination is a bit absurd.

Mercy’s on fire rate is actually pretty accurate in representing how much impact she has over a match (hint; not that great).

1 Like

You have to remember, that you aren’t supposed to be able to keep your teammate alive forever, and their eventual death is expected outcome.

1 Like

The problem is the cooldown. It can’t have a low on fire charge for it can’t be used a lot. In fact, it’s barely used, around 6.10 times on average per game.

We have heroes using ults every other fight, racking up on fire charge, yet Mercy can’t get 100+ every ~6 times per game?

to OP: While I personally see this as a good suggestion and a huge improvement over some of the previous suggestions, I personally would much prefer a switch of Valkyrie, an ultimate I find to be the worst she’s had, as her side ability, with a “line-of-sights” freedom resurrection / a multi resurrection taking precedence as her ultimate, over Valkyrie buffs.

1 Like

The thing is, when they reworked Mercy, they intended for the cooldown to be the offset for its power.

The problem was that it interacted with Valkyrie in such a way that it refreshed the cooldown on rez and reduced its cooldown while in valkyrie.

They went straight to adding the cast time, but left the interaction with resurrect in valkyrie and it mitigated that change.

I personally think if they just removed the interaction with valkyrie first, and made it so resurrect is just a 30 second cooldown no matter what, it would have been fine.

But, if people see that change now they would freak so it probably wont happen.

Its barely used, correct. Its balanced like an ultimate. In fact it takes less than 30 seconds for most heroes (including Mercy) to get their ultimate and most ultimates are used more than 7 times per game.

Its not instant and probably will never be which is why i advocate for its removal, because it cant be a fluid part of her kit if it directly cuts into her other key aspects, even if it is only 6 times in a game (those aspects being unparalleled mobility which is abruptly halted, and consistent and continuous healing that is forcibly stopped). You can’t even cancel a resurrect.

I agree with most of it, but the ship has sailed, Blizz is not gonna spent a cent on Mercy, they don’t give half a beetle dung about how she plays. We gotta go for what we can get realistically.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. Its sad, but the reality.

no need to put massive dev time on it, just use the old pre-rework code and its 90% done already.

Add a cast time and a line of sight requirement and its finished.

I don’t think any tweaking is going to be enough to those who protest her current state the most. That is because many believe she need a change to how parts of her kit works, like changing her ultimate, or changing/removing rez in favor of something else, etc.

Tweaking numbers would probably not do any good. Plenty of people will complain and say she’s too good, some will claim she’s still bad, some will start getting toxic and bring back the “no aim no brain” or other insults to whomever opts to play Mercy.

Basically, until Blizzard bites the bullet and make significant changes no changes will be good enough. And even with significant changes it’s going to be an uproar. Mercy is trapped in a corner of controversy and no amount of change to her is going to appease the community.

2 Likes

It’s ok, if you are support, you will be blamed regardless.

although I am as happy as happy can be to learn that I am not as I once thought the sole remaining member of my our once proud species, it brings me sadness that despite the fact that we are so similar that some forum members have said one of us is a copy of the other, we disagree so completely on certain OW matters of importance to me

like here - I love Valkyrie as it is and wouldnt want to see it changed in any way; and further consider mass rez to be the very worst ability ever in the game and hope it and the undesirable player behavior that came with it never return to this game