[✅] Using a checkmark in your title

Frees up the devs to do substantial buffs to AnchorTanks, without causing DoubleBarrier.

Granted, my preference is towards more Orisa and Sigma barriers, but they could go along with their BlizzCon changes instead.

Because if you had barrierHPs at 800 700 600 even at those lower stakes, it would still end up as a DoubleBarrier.

On the contrary, I think every thread title should have an emoji.

4 Likes

So you want dive to be good as a counter to double barrier, right? Then lets nerf Mcree flash, Ana sleep, reaper in general, hook… Why Bap and Brig who keep being nerfed already? Oh yeah, becasue nobody likes them

Thing is those can all be blocked by Defense Matrix.

Now if Brig and Bap could be blocked by Defense Matrix… well I have a post that’s exactly that…

Do it, your posts are more reasonable than most on here

1 Like

Why not?

1 Like

GF at least tries to promote positive change, propose new solutions, and share them for discussion. That’s literally the opposite of forum toxic.

:ballot_box_with_check: worth more than 1/2 their dev team.

3 Likes

I have a slight dislike for people who have some ‘emoji signature’ in all their topic titles. I can think of another person who also used to do that.

1 Like

:lock: This thread has been locked for emojiphobia.

3 Likes

He talks a lot but he doesn’t say much.

1 Like

I know someone used put a :lock: emoji at the start of their threads so people would come and see why they’re “locked”

3 Likes

Truthfully grey Falcon has many ideas. not all of them are good but some of them are very good. credit to him for trying to improve the game. I would also remind people that many of these changes did in fact end up going into the game
Who suggested Bruiser tanks?
Who suggested priorityqueue?
Who suggested side by side open queue
that’s right, yours truly did :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

[:white_check_mark:] this thread is a mood

1 Like

I used to like his threads but now it’s the same repetitive and purposefully imbalanced ideas over and over, spammed with emojis because he isn’t gonna get interest in his ideas based on the strength of them.

3 Likes

At least he is making constructive idea posts rather than just complaining about the game which seems to be 99% of what you find here so he has my full and complete respect. ask yourself: what have you contributed to the game? because if it is even one fifth of what Falcon has done then a congratulations is in order

Can you imagine if every single poster made constructive and well articulated posts like he does. imagine what that would mean for the game

I actually don’t think it’s constructive to purposefully try to lose players, as his suggestions are designed to do. And I don’t think quantity of balance suggestions replaces quality ones.

I think his tone is a far cry better than many other posters, but the actual content of his suggestions isn’t much different. It’s still just trying to get the game balance to revolve around what he personally likes and gut heroes and playstyles he don’t rather than caring about actual balance.

2 Likes

Balance literally does not matter in this game. the developers long ago realised that they would never achieve hero balance which is why they are just changing things up every so often. they have no intention of trying to balance the game so if they’ve already abandoned that philosophy then surely they should do whatever if they need to do to attract people to the other roles

Perfect balance isn’t achievable but that doesn’t mean you intentionally make playstyles and heroes unplayable. Devs have not, and should not be doing that. And I don’t find suggestions that try to do that to be constructive or different to the usual tone of suggestions here.

2 Likes

In some cases this is exactly what you need to do. Bastion is a good example. He should never be playable because it feels terrible to play against. DF is another example

And that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Since you have a similar mindset, I can see why you find his suggestions constructive.

I personally find it incredibly selfish mindset, and want every hero to be playable. I agree some heroes should never be meta, but making them purposefully unplayable and trash is not an attitude I can ever support. I don’t find matches won at hero select to be fun, engaging, or competitive.

7 Likes