✅ Nerf PharMercy, Buff Pharah&Mercy

honestly if theres one thing ive learned in my entire experiance in shooters competitive or not, not getting hit is infinitely better in ever possible way. its almost op in some games with how mobility can work

Why not give phara 100 shields 100 hp

so she gets some self sustain of her own that doesnt affect pharmercy

1. Because armor is uniquely good against hitscan weapons at range.
  2. Because she’s literally wearing a suit of armor.
  3. With all the buffs against Pharah, and this nerf to Mercy being perma-airborne, I think that’s plenty.
1 Like

my only problem is the regenaration nerf, does that include flying with guardian angel? Superjump? falling down? Mercy does not stay in the air only due to pharmercy…

1 Like

I like the simplification VoltairAro posted.

Just disable her regen passive while using Angelic Descent.

I.e. Holding down spacebar = no regen

I disagree with disabling her regen when she is using angelic descent. I hardly ever even have a Pharah in my games and I like to hover from high ground and such to keep LOS of my team mate while trying not to be in LOS of the enemy team. I shouldn’t not have my passive because of my positioning. And what now That I super jump trying to juke from heroes trying to kill me I don’t get to heal when they take a second to damage me ? For what ? 2 heroes that are both in a bad spot to begin with ?

6 Likes

I think that’s kind of irrelevant now that you got a wide variety of DPS choices, including Sombra.

Healer, you got Baptiste/Zen/Ana/Moira

And tank you got Orisa and D.va.

Every role has options to deal with Pharah.

Well, that’s why Mercy is getting buffs to offset the nerfs.

So Mercy gets a hard nerf to her sustain and Pharah’s nerf is less blast range. What a joke lmfaoo. She can ramp up her heals a little and some stronger healing in valk. Pharah get 50 armor, shorter CD on her boop, and can cancel her ult. But it’s okay Pharah got a nerf too.

5 Likes

this is my point… man…

i dont like when the junkrat, symmetra… allied or enemy should to insta swap because the enemy pick pharah or pharhamercy… right now pharha is a bad design. hardcounters are bad designs. and needs reworks.

I like to super jump a lot and stay up in the air to stay away from flankers. That nerf to her regeneration would probably destroy me.

2 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

Instead of targeting Mercy’s regeneration, which impacts her a ton outside of Pharmercy, the change should be made to Pharah instead. Convert some percentage of her airborne healing to jet fuel.

Doing that doesn’t change Pharah alone whatsoever and impacts her airborne synergy with more than just Mercy, making her future proof. It also doesn’t hurt Mercy outside of Pharmercy.

1 Like

Pharah is either the #1 or #2 least picked hero in the game.

And the “hard nerf” is extremely situational, since you’d have to be hovering in the air for longer than 1 second if not taking damage to begin to benefit from the regen.

she needs the regen because all of her mobility options don’t make her immune to damage… She still gets shot at while flying. Also, it used to be three seconds before (a loooong time ago) and it was REALLY underpowered so making it 4 seconds is a BIG nerf

3 Likes

I’ll literally hover in the air for 2 seconds to be able to super jump right when I drop so I can stay in the air. I’m in the air longer than I am on the ground.

4 Likes

Because honestly, it’s not even that devastating of a team anymore. Like most things to do with supports in this game, it’s just people bearing the mental scars of the past.

PharMercy isn’t that strong. We can buff both without having to compensate just for the potential combination, any more than we have to nerf Ashe because Mercy makes her really dangerous.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Neither needs nerfs.

2 Likes

Which is pretty much the case in all of her main comps. It is NOT just Pharah. And being better at doing that is one of the few ways Mercy players benefit from skill expression specific to her.

3 Likes

Its existence seems only towards pharmercy, because other times it’s usually a suicide option for hitscan and fast projectile to hit u. So I guess it’s fairly reasonable.

??? I use it all the time and I barely have a Pharah on my team. It’s not used just with Pharah. It’s also can be good against hitscan being able to tap and drop and tap and drop and do it in different orders to change your flight pattern. I also use it to rez people off ledges. I use it in super jump. I use it against flankers. I use it in dive comps. Like what do you mean it’s only used with Pharah ? Have you ever played the hero …?

1 Like