✅ Need more Barrier Tank players?

Dont really think barrier tanks should do as much damage as offtanks.
Would totally invalidate offtanks at that point

1 Like

Well, I do have main tank versions of this idea for Sigma. But good point on the not being able to do stuff during grasp. Let’s go D.va missle mode.

Added a new bulletpoint up top.

I think a lot of DPS and Supports wouldn’t mind having less DoubleOffTanks.

And I would still argue that Offtanks are pretty useful because of their Peel.

Winston doesn’t need more damage, he needs more durability. Winston dies far too easily.

And Reinhardt doesn’t need more ANYTHING.

Tank balance relative to each other isn’t going to matter if the game dies because queue times don’t improve.

Tank balance relative to each other is critical! You can’t play the weaker ones if you want to win.

1 Like

I think these sorts of buffs to Sigma/Orisa will get them a good amount of playtime.

Especially considering Rein and Winston primary attacks do zero damage at range.

Where as Sigma/Orisa can shoot constantly.

The real problem, is that no one likes shooting barriers, or holding up a barrier. You can’t change the fact barriers are just uncool, they’re just a big dumb stupid rectangle, with no real cool features, unlike Zarya bubbles and DM/Kinetic Grasp.

Basically, we need an alternate way for a main tank to protect the team, that isn’t a barrier. But I don’t see Blizzard coming up with any ideas, any time soon.

2 Likes

I figure if anything like that happens, it’s probably going to be from Overwatch 2, and that’s like 6-10 months away.

And it’s not going to matter if the game dies before then.

1 Like

I would argue that offtanks are healthier for the game than shield tanks by a Mile.
I’d rather shield tanks be eradicated and keep offtanks rather than the opposite.

I’ll file that under “Things are never going to happen”.

As is, Snipers, Ult charge feeding and range cc is too strong to allow for that.

1 Like

You can make them invincible and barriers have 2 million health still would not play a walking shield. Playing a barrier tank is boring, until the meta slave mouth breathers stop insisting that they control what others play tank queues will not get better.

I like these changes a lot but Blizzard seems to have a personal vendetta against tank players. I’d say it’s more likely we’ll see Rein gutted than any of these changes.

I can tell you have some stress from people telling you to switch off of D.va onto a barrier tank.

1 Like

am i the only one who missed when fortify orisa was really strong but her shield was really weak. that was so incredibly fun to play. the thing about shields is that blizz made it so that you have to rely on them 24/7. you have to always watch for a widow/ashe/torb/mccree/hanzo/zen headshot from lightyears away and the fact that theres usually like only one choke / one road. to ever go through. maybe if they opened up the map a bit and allowed variety in how to attack and protect objectives then maybe we would have a chance.

1 Like

You just proved my point, lol.

More like you have some gameplay designers formerly from WoW that can’t seem to understand why nobody wants to play the “sturdy but boring” heroes.

When if you look at any other “Tank” from other FPS games, they have significant firepower.

1 Like

you can’t buff barrier tanks when double shield is possible.

Sigma, Winston and Rein don’t need damage buffs.

looks at D.Va/Roadhog/Winston/Ball :eyes:

“Wheres Our Buffs?”