✅ Modified 1-3-2 that can be 1-1-2-2

Look, you can continue spamming these suggestions in every thread and making new posts about the same thing repeatedly.

People don’t play main tank because they’re punching bags. They get chain cc’d. They get busted down. Limiting how many people can play tanks by cutting already the lowest player base in half, and then buffing barrier tanks into raid boss’ doesn’t address the issue with tanks.

You’re curing a symptom, not the problem. That’s all that’s ever happened to tanks in the first place, and it’s always worse for the tanks players.

1 Like

More like I’m making it so that BarrierTank balance is untied to how overpowered it makes DoubleBarrier, and how much of a throw comp it makes DoubleOffTank.

Which means your can balance it directly until it’s done right.

As for me focusing on this topic, I figure the entire game dies if they don’t have this solved in the next 5-10 months, so it’s kinda important.

And fewer, if you factor in Valorant and not making late-game design changes on OW2.

Bro. Double barrier was a thing for like 2 months. The problem with main tanks has absolutely nothing to do with double barrier. In fact, double barrier became meta due to how fragile tanks were already becoming in the first place.

This seems like the total opposite of my experience.

They go from GOATs, into DoubleBarrier. Into nerfing all anchor tanks that aren’t Rein into the ground.
And your takeaway, from that is “clearly Tanks aren’t strong, and synergy between barriers is not important”.

They nerfed goats, which was a response to double sniper in the first place, a 2/2/2 that destroyed absolutely everything until goats was found.

They nerfed double barrier, which was the only alternative after 2/2/2 was forced to deal with the high amount of damage that instantly deleted everything and anything, because they somehow thought buffing dps to deal with goats was a better option than just nerfing the problem dps in the first place.

You really don’t ask yourself why things are the way they are, do you?

More like I can’t tell if I’m being trolled.

I’d change this to “Queue times might go down a lot”

Very like you to dismiss opinions that don’t adhear to your suggestions that you spam in literally every thread.

Those are the facts of the matter here.

Goats was a direct response to double sniper.
They buffed other dps to deal with goats, when the problem in the first place was other dps couldn’t be played because double sniper deleted them.
Goats was still played, because the issue was never addressed to begin with regardless of how many other dps they buffed.
They forced 2/2/2 instead to get rid of goats.

What team comp immediately became meta after goats? Literally the next tankiest possible team comp that could survive one shots, double barrier. You know what destroyed double barrier just fine? Pharmercy and sombra going behind barriers. You know what couldn’t be played? Sombra and pharmercy because widow and hanzo became the most picked dps in that team comp. Forcing the next best thing to a third tank being played in the mandatory dps slot, Mei.

So your right, lets nerf tank synergy even further, split them up even further, and make other team comps impossible to play, ruining the game play experience for even more players in the community.

Or. We fix the problem dps already.

C’mon now.
Just because he disagrees with you doesn’t mean he’s trolling.

3 Likes

What?! Kek.
Misleading name is misleading.

Doomfist, Junkrat, Widowmaker all need to be on this list. Maybe Hanzo too.

Probably move the Off Tanks which don’t have heavy damage (most of them) to just…DPS? How the heck is that going to work?

Compared to Zarya and Roadhog, none of the other Off Tanks do “Heavy Damage”.

Either Heavy Damage is for CC- as you put Mei in it, or you’re just not thinking through this.

Widow would become EVEN MORE of a must-pick.

Imagine a Zarya with 300HP or lower. What about poor Sigma? D.Va, with her massive critbox?

Yeah- no.
These changes would be abysmal for those of us who actually enjoy playing the Tank role.

1 Like

I guess.

Just seems, strange, for someone to say after 2 years of Barrier synergy metas, that Barrier synergy doesn’t matter.

Much less that Barrier Tanks are super weak, but you shouldn’t buff Barrier Tanks, but if you do that a token amount of CC resistance is the strongest thing allowed.
But that mega buffs won’t do anything.

This is actually a really cool concept. Do you mind if I dive into the idea and create an entire balance thread of this?

Go for it.

Could take it in a lot of directions

I’m more interested in the raw structure, so devs can use it

Cool. I’m assuming we’re just buffing barrier tanks to make them independent while toning the overall DPS so we don’t get destroyed by power creep?

Also Zarya’s probably gonna have to somehow be a Barrier tank because idk how she’ll fit in within the “Heavy Damage” category.

Do I understand correctly that a team can but doesnt have to play a heavy damage character? like 1 main tank + 3 normal damage and 2 supports?

but that every team is limited to max 1 heavy damage if they chose to play one? If so then I love it.

But you shouldnt buff the off tanks then because it would make them required
just let them be what the name is - heavy damage (with a little tanking allowed)

Just take some hp off them and call it a day

this would let a team choose to play raw damage with 3 normal damage characters or play a little more sustained choosing one of the heavy dmgers

I’d personally just go with barrier tank buffs, then let devs balance the rest later.

But there’s been some suggestion that they could add more dps to the bruiser group.

Or alter offtanks.

Have fun with it

1 Like

If you ignore the queuing portion

It’s basically 1-3-2, with all offtanks moved to DPS, but with a maximum of 1 offtank per team.

Even though I disagree with your suggestion, I’m not gonna be closed minded.
Would you be interested in trying out a workshop mode for this? Just to try it out.

How would you balance the main tanks?
Also, would off tanks stay the same?

Could try one later, gonna do some artwork edits, then play some games.

The barrier tank buffs I figure just do whatever they did in 1-3-2, or their values in September. Whichever is higher.

If that doesn’t work, give them all an anti-cc resistance of 30%, then 50%

If that doesn’t work.
Then it’s just a matter of raising their barrierhp 20%, hp 20%, and damage 10% if that doesn’t work.
Then just stack 10%, 10% and 5% until you get problems, then go back by one step.

I really don’t mind Triple Tank, or even Mei-Reaper, nearly much as all these over-the-top restrictions.

I’d much rather see small changes to point control, slight QoL/fluidity/intuitive design changes to across the board (which would proportionately favor rapid play by high-skill heroes, especially DPS), and a revision of Ice Wall.

In the meantime, replace Role Queue with a softer Preference / Dibs system.