✅ Mei, Iceblock automatically at 0HP

She’s a utility character. Stop with this, jeez.

Iceblock itself is stationary. You can’t move it. And you drop like a ton of bricks if you activate in the air. She has no ability to move it. She cannot walk and cannot use movement skills.

Trying to pretend it isn’t stationary because momentum MIGHT effect it sometimes is just not good faith debate.

It locks away your movement.

Last I checked, WASD and Icewall were not Iceblock.

Iceblock spits her out in a predictable way after locking her in place for a time. Stop acting like it doesn’t have the weaknesses we all know it has.

Twist it whatever way you want but the fact is you can be moving while in ice block, for the full duration.

Ahh sorry I didn’t realize you were a pro and could kill her in the like 7 frame window it takes to cast wall. You must also headshot tracer right after she recalls cause its super predictable, i mean it spits you out in the exact spot you were moments ago

Only if you cancel it early. Mei while in Iceblock cannot move herself at all, and cannot be moved by another.

Retaining momentum because she was moving before she used the ability is not the same thing as the ability itself providing or allowing movement.

It’s like claiming that a rock is not generally a stationary object because you can toss it. Yes the second or so that it’s in the air it’s technically moving and in that moment is not stationary. But its still a stationary object because rocks cannot move.

Iceblock is a stationary ability because Mei cannot move herself and cannot be moved by another.

But you obviously want to be hysterical about it. So go ahead.

The difference is you don’t need a second or third party to move in ice block, which also exist. A rock can’t jump, but Mei can.

Mei cannot press jump or use any ability in Iceblock.

Correct, but you can be moving during it.

Because of an outside force acting on the stationary object; in this case, momentum.

I’d like to see 2 things if this were to get put through:

1. No contesting in Iceblock anymore. This would just make last second stalls even easier to drag out since you don’t need to worry about prematurely using Iceblock.

2. Longer CD. 12 seconds is a tad short for a guaranteed kill denial.

Also, just as a side note, this would pretty much just make all Mei players just unbind their Iceblock button and treat it as a passive. Like, the only time you would even want to press it is outside of a fight, but even then your healer could probably use the ult charge anyways.

Why you (not You personally) even forcing the idea of Mei as a tank?

Sounds annoying tbh.
Being forced to go into an iceblock when your HP hits 0.

I mean, I’ve been suggesting this for a year now.

Mei is already very forgiving for low-skill players, we don’t need more escape tools for her.

Because

1. It would solve a lot of the queue time issues by giving DPS players a “Tank” that they want to use.
  2. Similar to #1, she’s a hero that is close to a third DPS, but also can block ultimates, block damage, bypass chokes, and stand on objectives and hold it. So she actually fills the role a Tank is supposed to do, arguably better than Roadhog.
  3. There might not be anything devs can do about making Mei not be used as a “Third Tank” for OWL. Except for making her a second tank.
    Or just making her a throw pick.

In summary,
Mei as a Tank gives most the benefits of 1Tank-3DPS-2Heal.
Without making it so 1Tank has to shoulder all the tanking duties.

Honestly I think they will go that route. She’s already statistically fine on ladder.

They certainly could go that route.
Or just let hero pools sort it out.

But I’ve been doing my best to supply a “surgeon’s knife” approach, rather than the “chainsaw amputation” approach.

Yeah I get that and it’s interesting to think about. I wouldn’t mind seeing this on an experimental card.

But I think they’ll just dumpster her because the proscene gets way more out of her kit than ladder, and that’s how they have been handling heroes like that.

And as I just commented above, Mei as “a rough approximation of a third DPS without making Tanking too stressful for that one Tank”.
Would solve a lot of problems with queue times.

I was agreeing with you, sorry if that’s not clear.

No worries there, I just like to ramble.

Partially because I’d like to think the devs occasionally read this stuff, and they care about solid justifications for changes.

Along with upsides and downsides involved with implementing it.

I mean, they could kick give her 350hp, or regen 200hp while in Iceblock.

But where’s the fun in straightforward changes?

And heck, making her the only tank that’s vulnerable to sniper headshots would keep her out of super high tier. So maybe that’s the ticket.

Since the problem is she’s average on ladder and great at high tier… Yup

1 Like