✅ Huh, Kinda obvious on healers

Rather than buffing Mercy by 60hps
They nerfed Ana/Moira down towards Mercy
And buffed Mercy less
Also I guess Baptiste exists

I got sooooo mad that they didn’t change anything about Baptiste, he needs some serious changes.

16 Likes

The Moira changes are weird to me, I didn’t fully understand the purpose.
People said it was a buff, but also a nerf.

Remember they stated there was more changes than the ones they told us?

Oh gee, I can’t believe I fell for that.

3 Likes

I’m curious what Jeff was talking about with “more interesting changes”

2 Likes

Baptise breathes and Moira gets the heals out faster…

And Mercy gets the compromise. (Which is excessively surprising).

Probably there will be some stuff on PTR before anniversary since experimental can only hold so much individual value. Don’t want to create another hype thou.

Hope that means more are coming. In the meantime we could push this one to live.

Gonna hope that’s the BarrierTank and CC changes

1 Like

I’d have liked to see him get some attention, but I don’t think he’s as gimped as a lot of others on this forum lead me to believe.

I have fun and am effective on him, and I recall seeing him in OWL; but again, I do think he needs a bit of an ‘uplift.’

The changes were made to stop random orb kills.

Honestly I’m fine with it. Moira’s I’ve seen usually throw the orb directly at the enemy anyway (which AFAIK the buff/nerf won’t hurt all too much).

I’ll take everything bad I ever said about this game if it’s Valk tweak to make it less skill covering.

Serious question, here: is that even possible?

Valkyrie’s core design is “Mercy flies, and her beam branches out to nearby teammates”. Both of those cover for skill big time. Making Valkyrie not cover for skill so much would mean revoking the chain beams and free flight, which at that point it’s a completely new ability.

I don’t even think it’s that hard. My first thought would indeed be about chain beam, that disgusting absurdity, clashes with Mercy’s kit, it insults me as a player everytime I press Q…

Nevertheless, nerf the living daylights out of the chain beam, strengthen the main beam, make target selection matter. That would already be a huge, colossal improvement.

Furthermore, the least devs could do is reduce Valk’s duration. Make it 8s instead of 15, but slightly stronger, whatever HP/s works. That instantly increases the impact of the ult with zero need for new assets or code.

Jeff has talked about how they want the game to be faster and more individually minded. Both these ideas fit with those goals,

And if we are lucky, chain beams might have been coded with a second variable in mind already - the value of the main and chains may already be split internally - it may be possible to adjust that even without new code.

Oh and fork that infinite spam ammo while we’re at it. Give me more damage and let me aim.

As they… should? The amount of healing in this game is insane. Tone it down, same goes for the amount of damage everyone deals. Tone everything down.