✅ Hanzo - Don't nerf StormArrow headshots

And wouldn’t you think that’s a situation that Hanzo should be at a disadvantage?

Keeping in mind, he should not be balanced as if he’s Soldier 76 with instant kills.

Thats why i nerfed that situation by making its a 4 hit BS kill instead of a 3 hit.

Assuming he doesn’t get headshots.

Really, Hanzo should have significant weaknesses, not an “even playing field when rushed at close range by surprise”.

He shouldn’t be balanced for “assume this guy has no situational awareness and can’t land headshots”.

But here’s the thing.
Hanzo will still be very good in high rank and will become worse on lower rank.
So that’s not a good change.

Yes, i’m nerfing inaccurate spam and shield brake while keeping reward for HS intact.

The ignorant of this meme still continues.

But only inaccurate spam, assuming he didn’t use the animation cancel, and a mere 10% firepower reduction against barriers.

I’m talking about increasing the number of shots needed in common scenarios, not edge cases.

And reducing the shield break by 37%, to the point that he’s no longer a “shield break hero”.

Hanzos getting only BS are more common scenarios than them getting HS.

It increases his breakpoints for 200hp heroes from 3 to 4 and for 250hp heroes from 4 to 5. I told you that.

Its a good step in the right direction by increasing his skill floor.
I wouldnt mind another cooldown increase on top of that.

I’d say it’s better to increase his skill floor that if he gets rushed at close range by surprise, and can’t land a single headshot, he loses.

Since big strengths, should be balanced by weaknesses.

He’s not supposed to be an all-purposes hero.

Depends on of the hero hes dueling and if that hero gets HS or not. If the Hanzo only hits BS but has a 100% accuracy with them while lets say a Genji hits only like every third shuriken without HS, then why not give the Hanzo the kill?

Against a hero like Doom for exampel, Hanzo will be screwed if he cant land any HS.

I’m not seeing the downside here, instantkill ranged heroes that can’t headshot should be screwed, if they are getting dived on.

Especially when Hanzo can Lunge and Wallclimb away.

A Widow that can’t headshot has the same problem.

If the flanker/attacker whatever isnt skilled themselves, then the Hanzo can still win and this is fine.

Even a Widow can kill a bad player with just BS.

Which is denoted by their evasive movement being bad, to the point where Hanzo/Widow can land headshots.

Or just run through all their Storm arrows in 1.9sec, then land another basic arrow.
(Similar to just spamming Widow rifle without scope.)

So, his total output would still be 700 but in order to do that much all 5 shots would need to be headshots. :thinking:

and would do less DMG against barriers as you can’t crit / headshot them. :thinking:

Sure, why not. :smile:

Technically 950 headshot damage with a basic arrow, cancelled into StormArrow.

Means he can still melt Tanks with reasonable difficulty, with their larger head hitboxes.

But yeah, he’s be pretty meh for a hero that spams barriers and doesn’t get headshots.
You’d be better off with another hero for that.

What about instead they nerf headshots in storm arrow, however they don’t remove them.
Instead, reduce headshot damage from 140 to 105
That way, it’s still effective against squishies but much worse against tanks.

Thing with nerfing bodyshots is it makes him a lot worse in lower ranks while keeping him strong in higher ranks.
OR you could do a combination of both.
HS damage reduced from 140 to 120
Damage against barriers reduced from 70 to 50

The fact Blizzard hasn’t released a new PTR patch yet, basically says, we don’t care.

As is, Hanzo is picked more than Soldier at every individual skill tier.

And I have no troubles with Hanzo having similar stats to Widow at lower tiers of play.

I think the bigger problem with Hanzo is that he makes 200hp-nonsniper heroes be nonviable.

That’s why you’ve been getting a lot of 250HP hero usage.

Also more DPS variety would compete with Hanzo pickrate.

that’s stupid and lowers his skill ceiling.
they could simply reduce the number of storm arrows.

I like the idea I had up top.