✅ [Brawler Role] DPS Queue Fix

If it’s not enticing enough, a framework like this makes it easy to crank up the damage on offtanks.

And I’d argue having 3-4 fully viable solobarrier tanks is a massive upgrade to Reinhardt jail.

I figure the matchmaker would make as many BarrierTank games as it can find BarrierTanks. Then the rest would be DoubleBruiser games.

So most matches would be double bruiser and then one is hoping there’s enough bruisers to have an decent impact on queue times once you remove the need to accommodate the main tanks.

Not sold.

You basically make offtanks “FAT DPSes with great queue times”, which is a very enticing option for DPS players.

Since the way this problem gets solved is by making DPS players switch to play Tank. That’s pretty much it.

Your only other options are:

1. Get rid of the idea of having 2 tanks on a team, and going 1-3-2 or 1-2-2.
  2. Intentionally cause DPS players to quit the game.

If you’re thinking this problem gets solved without making DPS players want to play Tank. I don’t think you’ve thought this one through.

Process of elimination, there aren’t really that many categories of options to solve this.

I’ll probably need to rework this post on the morning.
Fix some typos. Frontload the 1-1-2-2 and 0-2-2-2 concept.
Just generally design better. It’s not obvious that there’s two queues. Need to make a new graphic.
Redesign it for a Reddit post in a single graphic.
Cover how it’s a ton easier to balance barrier tanks, and easier to design future barrier tanks.

I figure she counters Rein more but I only think the beam and the duplicate are going to be an issue balance wise.

Especially if triple tank comes back with rein shatters.

Yes really. Not all but alot.

I like what you’re saying about limiting barrier tanks to one so that they don’t have to be gimped. I think that’s really important.

I don’t like the idea of two separate queues, or having a lot of double off tank games.

I had an idea that’s similar, but simpler: 1-3-2 with one optional off tank taking a Damage slot. Then most games will still be 2-2-2, but the kind that people actually enjoy (one main tank and one off tank). In other games, you may get actual 1-3-2, and that’s fine as well.

Here’s my thread if you want to look and see what you think:
1-3-2: Introduce the “Heavy” Damage role

I love the Bruiser idea, I hope Blizz read this and be interesting.

Had a better idea version in the other thread.

“1-3-2, but offtanks are commonpool between Tank and Damage. And no more than 2 Tanks per team.”

No, I used to be a tank main back in the day and 2-2-2 has made me go more towards DPS and Double Off tank isn’t the reason since I was a Rein main

I seriously doubt that

Where does Bastion and Sombra fall into?

I’ll wait to see your idea fleshed out, but I still worry about double off tank, which is an issue that currently affects every role.

This thread from a Damage player echoes how I feel about it:
I propose 1-1-2-2

Sick of getting 2 Off Tanks on my team after spending long queue times for DPS. This is just QP too… it’s kind of frustrating. When I tank I win… because I usually go Rein or something vital to the team.

Double 1-3-2 balanced offtanks though, would still be a ton more effective than current doubleofftank.

So tank players would have two different elos? One for main and one for bruiser?

Hadnt really thought about that part.

Oh well, onto the next idea.

✅ 1-3-2, but OffTanks are commonpool

1 Like

Balance is secondary concern that can come after. Not saying its not important to balance in the roles but how are you going to balance anything with feedback that is so slanted in one direction that pretty much makes the feedback useless? No one likes the way the feedback is right now. Dps mains are easy scapegoats and no one enjoys that, the other roles don’t feel heard or like they really have a voice. No one really wins with the way things are. And we can’t fix things if feedback is broken beyond repair. Getting more tanks and supports out there on to the live versions of the game is how we get feedback in better spot and in return balance.

Not to mention the problem of there not being very many good swaps also goes down which also makes for better balance.

So what about this idea?

This current idea this thread has is better than anything with a 1 in it. I am vehemently against any 1s no matter the spot in role que. No role can handle a 1. And that is just making the dps que even worse not better by adding more heroes to it and also making it so the dps will be forced into tanks. Because they will be a tons of requests for the dps to go one of the bruisers and its probably going to get flamey.

Well, if 3x of your team aren’t willing to swap to offtank, AND your 1x Tank refuses to go barrier Tank.
With 4x players soft-throwing, do you really deserve to win?

My point is why do we want a system that makes throwing easier? Or that encourages more flame wars? And is even more strict on what you can and can’t play

Well, even if it’s not optimal, this would be with 1-3-2 balanced tanks.

I.e. Bubble your entire team Zarya