[✅] Boosted Headshots = 230%, not 260%

Yes, and damage boost should probably go if they want to keep barriers out of the game for extremely obvious reasons. Reasons they themselves admitted to encountering even when barriers were prevalent.

Mercy+Dzen+Orisa+Bap Nerf XD

No best idea

Tbh I could see them doing strong nerfs to

1. Damage boosted headshots
  2. Biotic Grenade needs a direct hit to antiheal, or can be cleansed by offhealer Ults
  3. #2 acts as mostly an EarthShatter counter with OffHealer Ults
  4. Something to drastically reduce Tank ultcharge feeding, or entirely redesign Ult charge feeding.

Very minor point here: that is crazy fast for a weapon swap. I don’t even think the animation could smoothly go that fast without Mercy just tossing the staff down. But I see what you mean, haha, just thought this was funny to imagine.

AS for other buffs you suggested, the tricky situation here is that you’d have to find a buff that’s both enough compensation for Mercy losing out on a good chunk of damage – arguably some of her most important damage – but it also has to be a change that doesn’t universally make her that much better, or too steeply improve another interaction, such as with Pharah. Or we can just keep finding specific niche ways to nerf Mercy’s interactions until she’s just awkward to play.

Making her pull out her pistol faster is indeed a buff, but doesn’t make up for that nerf, it’s an interaction that Mercy isn’t exactly being ran for and I don’t think Mercy would suddenly see a playstyle shift where she’s expected to more often use her pistol. (As much as some Mercy players think this would be fun, I have a hard time seeing it, because if I wanted to play a support with a gun, I’d sooner play a support designed around also having their gun.) And then a change to Resurrect is also problematic, because especially so right now, Resurrect is already very useful, so making it stronger seems a bit odd, especially when you consider non-meta interactions.

Your “healing rune” concept is like a whole different topic, I won’t really get into that, but I will say this:

Please don’t encourage any of these changes. They are quite terrible in their own ways, haha. 60 HPS is asking for the easiest single target healing to be even more effective, insta-resses are unfun to engage with and a single insta-res will not provide fair ultimate value, and mini-Valk on E is an extremely silly idea that’s asking for Mercy to just be even easier to play and require significantly less thought, effectively a button for making her kit even more simpleminded. I certainly wouldn’t say “most” Mercy players want these things, and I’d go as far as to say that the people who want these things don’t really understand Mercy’s impact and are more interested in simply feeling more powerful, more important at any given moment.

Hey, to play along, I’ve explained once before to you my idea about how boosted damage could be more effective on barriers. I think something like that, a direct compensation buff to the exact tool that got nerfed, is more likely to work out fairly than trying to find any other part of Mercy’s kit and giving it a random buff. Retune damage boost’s value specifically, rather than trying to toy with Mercy as a whole. But I’ll still say, I’m not fond of the idea of making headshots less rewarding for Mercy to boost, it’s not a change I think the game really needs.

Well, they could make it so that equipping her blaster just stance switches to this.

Where left click is pistol, and right click is heals. (Defaulting to toggle heals, instead of tap heals)

1 Like

Thse are not bad ideas, per se. But I do not see them using those changes. I have no faith in their decision making whatsoever. We shall see… but whatever they cook up is more likely to cause different problems, realistically.

1 Like

Well if we’re talking realistically, just give Mercy 60hps, 0.65sec cast on Rez, and 0.5sec on Pistol switch.

Not really mind blowing, but I’m sure it would be appreciated.

Personally I think we have enough support heroes that are “left click hurt, right click unhurt.” Mercy doesn’t need to be losing an entire ability, especially one as foundational to the game as an on-demand damage boost. I also definitely don’t want to see there be less diversity in the support category; a hero that can boost damage and do what Mercy does is unique to Mercy, we don’t need to be nerfing variety in the game. Not to mention Mercy’s character isn’t exactly a gun-toting one, I think it’d be a bit silly to see someone like her dual wielding a staff and pistol, constantly spraying bullets like a madman while occasionally connecting a tether beam to someone.

Mercy should be Mercy, she doesn’t need an overhaul in identity, and especially not just so the meta can be shaken up into something else people won’t like.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood. The heals+pistol wouldn’t replace heals+damageboost.

It would be a “stance switch” where you can switch between the two modes with the pistol button.

Although there’s probably more to be said about how it would cause players to ignore healing as a priority.

That said, this is probably more realistic:

Mercy

Staff = 60hps
Rez = 0.65sec cast
Pistol = 0.5sec on Weapon switch.

Not really mind blowing, but I’m sure it would be appreciated.

I don’t know if you still care but here’s why!
Let’s use Ashe’s headshot damage from live:

(85+85)* 1.3 = 221 When you apply it together.
(851.3)+(851.3) = 221 When you apply damage boost multiplier separately.

Hope that helps

The way boosted crits are calculated is almost certainly

Damage = BaseDamage * 1.3 * 2

It should still be doable, but it’d be more of a code rewrite than you think.

The idea itself seems fine

But I do not think this is how damage events work or how dmg modifiers work.

Honestly I like the idea but in the long term I feel like +20% damage boost will be better for the game with Mercy’s kit being stronger in healing and Valkyrie.

1 Like

Like, this change hurts Mercy’s purpose without hurting Mercy’s ability to do anything, so the resulting buffs would just be weird

Also, these changes hurt a character like Soldier way more than a character like Widow.

Also also, why do we need Ashe to lose the insta kill potential? That was clearly an intentional design choice for character synergy

1 Like

You’d think Widow matters a lot more with headshots.

Because the devs seem to be focusing on redesigning the game so that people aren’t huddled behind a barrier 90% of the game.
(Or such that Tank choice is a lot less of a determining factor on if a team loses)

Which probably also will end up with better counterplay to antiheal, earthshatter and ultcharge feeding.

The Roadhog buffs and barrier nerfs are creating a temporary situation where they can build those sorts of changes. But the ExpCard changes tell me “reduced barriers” is probably here to stay.

So we might as well get comfortable with that.

1 Like
  1. How do you do these cool boxes
  2. This Ressurect Cast time is OP. This is as quick as hack. And hack only disables abiltiies.

Does this work the same for other damage boosts? If so why only Mercy because this makes it not standardised and kind of silly.

Wait wut…I thought it just boosted the base damage

So 170 became 221

1 Like

Well, 160 and 208 now, since the Experimental Card just went Live.

But it would be nice if it was 160 and 184 instead.

I don’t see the issue with Ashe 1 shotting while boosted, especially given it’s within a limited range now.

1 Like

Because the devs are trying to balance the game around not needing to have a barrier up 24/7 to block instakills.

And being able to fire off 3 instakill shots in 1.4sec, kinda conflicts with that.