♡ Introduce Yourself! ♡

-Who are you?
SoundSaint 34 year old music lover
-How long have you played for?
gaming since i was 3, overwatch preorder.
-Who do you main?
junkrat atm
-Why do you main them?
Love the lore and playstyle
-Who’s your least favorite hero?
Widowmaker, I will swap and go after her until she switches or ragequits
-What’s your favorite map?
all of them, i have no favorite
-What’s your favorite skin?
junkrats jester and fool skins
-Why do you use the forums?
lurking, info and conversation

• Nephillus, 36 Train Driver from Australia
  • Maybe 6 months or so.
  • I don’t really main anyone, I play what I like at the time, until i get bored of them. Thats been Junker, Hanzo, Bastion, Moira , Orisa and most recently I’ve gotten the hang of Doomfist
  • see above answer
  • Gengi, mostly because I think his constant jumping around play style is a dumb necessity to play a game (having to spam jump at all seems poor design to me) might as well just have him perma bounce so players don’t have to spam space.
  • Temple of anubis is pretty fun, though it depends on who I am playing at the time
  • So many, Genji’s new skin is absolutly amazing even if its kinda not quite right for the ninja persona ( more a samurai armor IMO ), Ana’s Owl is pretty good too, but my favorite is Beachrat coz im an Aussie and its really perfectly done Although some of his vice lines could use some refining, the Raw Prawn I have never in my entire 36 years heard… ( Give the designer a raise )
  • to see how people feel about certain characters. Occasionally to help if I spot something I know enough about to make a valid addition.

Nice to see fellow QA around. REPRESENT!

1 Like

Who are you?
I am EvilPowny.
How long have you played for?
I have been playing since Dec 2016.
Who do you main?
Lucio and Sombra.
Why do you main them?
I find them both to be the most intersesting and fun heroes to play as.
Who’s your least favorite hero?
Torbjorn
What’s your favorite map?
It would be either Illios or King’s Row.
What’s your favorite skin?
I am stuck between Jazzy, Los Muertos and Rime.
Why do you use the forums?
To get the opinions of my fellow Overwatch players.

Who are you?
I’m me. 21, London.
Since early June 2017.
Who do you main?
Jesse McCree
Why do you main them?
t h i c c
And also because I loved Deadeye the moment I first saw it.
Game wise - Genji. Fix his hitboxes.
Lore wise - Junkrat. Not the type of person I would get along with.
King’s Row.
Nutcracker Zen or BaiHu Genji.
Procrastination.

Who are you?
Hi, I’m Martinho. A 24 year old Portuguese Console Gaymer.

Since the first open beta, and bought my PS4 to play on day one.

Who do you main?
Tracer. And Zen, Zarya, Lucio and Symmetra.

Why do you main them?
Because I’m a Support main, and Tracer is amazing to get the enemy team healers killed = easier to rank up.

Hanzo and Widow.

Eichenwald and Oasis

Sanzang (Zenyatta) and Grafitti (Tracer)

Social Media Manager and Designer here. Forums are my life since I’m 11.

Who are you?
Hi! I’m Lithy, almost 30 years old Blizzard’s games user. Spanish.

I can’t remember it well, but Ana still didn’t exist. Is that a good hint? xD

Who do you main?
I’m an flex ex Mercy main. I played Widow, Junkrat, Reinhardt and Soldier too.

Why do you main them?
I wanted to flex, so I needed to play at least one character of each role. That said, I mained Widow because I wanted to challenge myself with my aim (still I’m not so good). I mained Soldier and Junkrat because they are very easy to play for me and I can relax a bit, specially with Junkrat. Reinhardt fits very well with my point of view of what a tank is, despite I need to git gud with him. Finally, I love Mercy because she is different, she is a pure support, and I needed to think all the time, moving around quickly, being a hero sometimes and if wanted, using my pistol for improving my aim and I didn’t need to hide ever. This was before the rework.

Genji, but Tracer is near. They both are really annoying for me.

Honestly, I don’t have one, but Chateau Gillard’s music is so beautiful…

I fell in love of the Witch Mercy as soon as I saw her.

I don’t use to come here if I’m enjoying the game, but after the Mercy rework I stopped enjoying her and the whole game as well. As I feel this is a better place to express myself than the Spanish forum, I use this one, hoping to see someday a fixed Mercy who I can call Mercy again, regardless if that means a rework or a revert.

Who are you?
I am ShogunTaira, or otherwise known as just Shogun. My specialty is in strategic warfare and grand strategy; you need a team strategy with movements and everything? I’m your feudal monarch.

I picked up Overwatch right around when the first summer games went live. Been practicing to go semi-pro to pro ever since.

Who do you main?
My shiny, bald-headed boy Zenyatta.

Why do you main them?
He’s the perfect blend between dealing damage to the enemy and supporting teammates. I like to spread my wings and maximize my productivity to the team when I play with others, and Zen is the picture perfect hero to do that.

Tracer. Her handling is still extremely wonky to me; controlling her blinks, timing recalls, and landing pulse bombs are all whiffs no matter the occasion.

King’s Row.

Oh, baby. Cultist Zenyatta by a continental mile.

Because I’m now starting to like the interaction capabilities that the forum update has given. I wholeheartedly endorse debates rather than silly “less-than-two sentences” responses and a flurry of red thumbs down.

Who are you?

I am Tsaku007 (pronounced like Zakku), I am 24 years old and a student from Germany.

I play Overwatch since the second week of release I think. I started playing on PS4 and moved over to PC after just a few months. To be honest I didn’t even know about Overwatch at all until I just saw it on a twitch channel in beta. After that I really wanted to play the game so I decided to get it for PS4 (mostly console player here) but after a while I realized that console is not as good as PC for Overwatch due to a lot of streams I was watching (console feels waaay slower).

Who do you main?

I am mostly a Tank main but basically you could say I am a flex player. Whatever is missing I play.
On PS4 I started off with playing Genji mostly. When I switched to PC I started playing Tanks more often, especially Reinhardt. But now I play basically every tank and everything in general.
I still really like to play Genji and another passion of me is to play Mei.

Why do you main them?

I think I am more of a flex player because I want to support my team as good as possible this way. I don’t want to force someone into a role they are bad at just because of a meta or because I just want to play a certain role. Mostly I am still able to play Tank.
Why I did start playing Tank was because of a friend of mine who played with me and helped me getting used to PC controls a bit so he recommended Tank and I started to like it.

My least favorite hero by far is Junkrat. I disliked him on PS4, I disliked him on PC. When there was an enemy Junkrat I got angry, when there was a Junkrat on my team I got angry as well. I don’t know why but I just can’t stand Junkrat at all. No matter which team, no matter how good or bad, I just don’t like him.

I’d say my favorite map is King’s Row. I really like the buildings in the map and the mix of it from the start to the end. Other than that I really like Eichenwalde and Hanamura.

That’s a pretty hard question, there are a lot of skins from different heroes I really like so it might take too long to name my favorite of every hero. So I just name one of the more “classic” skins I really like which is Carbon Fiber D.Va

I use the forums to be up-to-date with announcements, and just because I like to read more about the game. Discussing about it and so on. The reason why I am on the US forums instead of EU is simply because I prefer one language rather than 10+, I prefer to write and read in english and I think in the US forums it is more lively while being closer to devs and their updates

Who are you?
Klayton
Since the beta.
Who do you main?
McCree / Ana /Zen
Why do you main them?
McCree is just fun to play and extrmelely rewarding! Dink dink! Ana, same reason, I love aiming! Zen, great damage and damage Potential.
Playing as: DoomFist
Lore: not really aware of lore
Kings row / Dorado /
Nova widow!
See what’s new, sometimes post stuff I think should be fixed/improved.

Who are you?

I am ChibiFox. o-o Hello.

I have been playing since the game released.

Who do you Main?

Currently? Bastion, WidowMaker, And Sometimes Mccree.

Why do you Main them?

I am by no means a “Dps One Trick” But, I like to make the important plays…
Get the crucial Long Range Picks and the like… Or Just try to Melt Tanks.

Who’s your least Favorite Hero?

Genji, by far. I do not always Dislike the players themselves, But the Damage output is far too high compared to the Effort put into it… Just my personal Opinion tho… Also, Deflect… Uhg… -.-

Hmm… this is a hard one… If i had to pick, it would be somewhere between King’s Row, And Oasis for me… I just like how they are designed.

What’s your favorite Skin?

I can’t simply Pick a Favorite, But… If i Had to, It would be DuneBuggy Bastion. ^.^
During the Last day of the event That it is tied to, i got it in a lootbox at the Last Possible Second, As i was grinding for them all day, and Finally got it before getting some sleep. It was all i cared about in game, And i Finally had some fun playing After that… X3

Why do you use the Forums?

I mostly use the forums to discuss Changes/Buffs and such… as one should, But mainly Because I Don’t know anyone i can talk to about this stuff in real life, so i come here. :3 And to talk to the Super Nice Tank Mains!

Wow i over explain things… I’m So Sorry. ;-; Idk if anybody will even read this…

-ChibiFox :fox_face:

Who are you?

I’m a 30 year old gamer from Finland. Study and work at the same time… not nearly enough free time to play this game 24/7 :expressionless:

Since 6th of May 2016, to be exact, started in beta before that time though, that’s when I bought the game. I still actually have a video of me playing Overwatch for the first times ever. Quite hilarious to watch as I had no idea what I was doing! :smiley:

Who do you main?

Widowmaker, over 500 hours of playtime on her combined with my alt account, but I’m good with a lot of other characters too, this is something the opposing team doesn’t always guess.

Why do you main them?

I like snipers, but I’m generally really good with tracking and hitscan heroes.

Probably Zenyatta, I don’t like the playstyle at all.

Route 66/Kings Row on attack.

Probably the new Widowmaker Black Lily skin I don’t have yet… no luck on boxes :c

To follow up dev posts that hopefully now will become more frequent with the new forums being released. It’s good to know where the trends/ideas move within the community.

Who are you?
26-year old Casual.
Since launch PC.
Who do you main?
Zen
Why do you main them?
Weak support, weak dps, weak defence - challenge.
bastion
chateau
Owl Ana
egrish, new, opinions.

Who are you?
vSte, an Italian player.
Since release
Who do you main?
Reinhardt, tanks in general.
Why do you main them?
They make me feel safe.
Not sure, I guess Widow because I can’t play her.
Dorado.
Bundeswehr for Reinhardt.
To check others opinions and make mine over different topics.

• Who are you?

Robin from Sweden also known as Birdperson. 30 years old and has been playing games and even Blizzard games since the 90s

• How long have you played for?

Overwatch, since release date, was always looking for a Beta invite, but never happened. Other games, since I was 4 years old, so 1992 :slight_smile:

• Who do you main?

I don’t believe in “maining”. I think adapting to the team comp is prio in this game. That said, I can play everything from all tanks/supports to McCree/Pharrah.

• Why do you main them?

Filling a role is sometimes more important to win than to get stuck on one hero. I think the game is way more fun when you adapt as well.

• Who’s your least favorite hero?

I feel like Lucio is not that fun to play. It feels like you just try to survive and move around your teammates, not actually killing stuff or saving someone “Critical”.

• What’s your favorite map?

Blizzard World, love the artwork.

• What’s your favorite skin?

There are many, but Graffiti Tracer is pretty cool.

• Why do you use the forums?

To read news, say my opinion and read others. I mainly use it to take in information about the game and listen to other peoples opinion. I feel like this is something that people are generally bad at, “seeing a problem from all perspectives”. My point of view is always in the middle, and if it’s not I have to work on myself. I rarely think that one view is the “right view”, but considering everyone is the way you should change the game. The struggle here is always not to develop the game into “jack of all trades” where you can’t identify heroes and all heroes feel like the same one. I think this happened in WoW and it (atleast for me) killed that game.

Who are you?
My name is alex and I’m a 27 year old average german.

5 seaons.

Who do you main?
Hanjo.

Why do you main them?
Because projectiles are fun and the wallclimb is a great mechanic.
His skillset makes playing him quite dynamic.

Junkrat.

Almost every KotH map.

None.

I have the feeling that the forum has too much impact on gamebalance and I want to do my part to make these decisions in the right direction.

Who are you?

Someone who loves pancakes and Persona

Been playing Overwatch since July 2016, first on console and moved to PC in May 2017.

Who do you main?

All the supports but mostly Moira and Ana. (Secretly a Sym main)

Why do you main them?

Always liked supporting in games so I picked up support as my main class, they’re all fun and I love all of them.

Gameplay : McCree
Lore : Hanzo

King’s Row !
Love that on this map all the heroes can be played.

I really like Combat Medic (The uprising Mercy one).

They’re one of the biggest forums regarding Overwatch.

Well look no further Bill because my heart is broken because you’re not going to reply to my post :broken_heart: :sob:

I thought we were besties Bill…

ᴵ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ʷᵉ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵇᵉˢᵗᶦᵉˢ.

Hi, I’m an Ultaholic. Ultaholicism is no laughing matter. It’s a serious problem that affects millions of Overwatch players every year. If you know someone with Ultaholicism or are an Ultaholic yourself, please get help.

This is of course, just a pseudonym. If I told you who I really was, I’d have to stun+fth you.

I have a soft spot for Pharah, from my Unreal/Quake/Tribes days and playing Rockets Only on Bloodgulch but more often than not I find myself playing tank or support.

Who are you?
I am me.
Since October 2016.
Who do you main?
D.Va, with a side of Tracer and Pharah.
Why do you main them?
I like tanking and mobility based heroes, D.Va is a combination of both of those playstyles.
Probably Widowmaker, I’m no good with her and I’ve never particularly enjoyed playing as a sniper in any multiplayer FPS game.
Eichenwalde.
For D.Va, Cruiser. For all heroes currently Ana’s Snow Owl skin.
To keep informed about the game and involved in the community.