★New offical patch notes (Hanzo and Mccree buffs, Ball nerf)

Last experimental:
AndyB: “Hey Geoff the community ain’t really feeling like these torb and cowboy buffs are needed”

Geoff: “oh sure no problem, we’ll just hold off on them until you forget.”

AndyB: “Gee thanks for listing to the feedback G- wait what.”

Geoff halfway out the door before Christmas: “Happy holidays”

14 Likes

Justice!

2 Likes

There’s always cassidy to stun a rein.

Definitely what she needed, utility to compete against IF and nade

As a Rein main… no, i dont think this is actually Ok.

The Cass mid air roll has been tested like 2 times before and no one liked it except Cass main, what is their obsecion with this change? Also with the Torb Buff this is just that one last experimental except that there is no reaper change and the moira buff is 10 times worse

Balance is dead

9 Likes

Uh… Any other tank? They’re the ones who will be closest to Rein when the hammer comes down, and without rectangle man to flash barrier they’re taking 200 damage on impact.

2 Likes

You skipped the most head scratching one…

Huh…massively unexpected. Didn’t expect any sort of balance/hero changes.

But…these are all so random :joy:

Oh well :man_shrugging:

1 Like

For once I have to agree with you. I have no idea what the hell these Rein changes are…

Like the only change I’m remotely fine with is Storm arrows (cuz I advocated for the change), but it needs a nerf to go with it.

1 Like

That’s it. I’m no longer playing this game. CIAO.
I’VE HAD ENOUGH.
ANOTHER BALL NERF? WASN’T HE ALREADY UNFUN ENOUGH WITH THE GRAPPLE COOLDOWN ON RESPAWN?
AND BUFFING HANZO CASS AND TORB AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I’VE. HAD. ENOUGH.

GG CYA ALL.

Enjoy you 1+ hour dps queues tanking is :poop: only getting WORSE AND WORSE.

17 Likes

All of them are interesting… but WHY buff hanzo? He’s among the most heroes I see played besides soldier

I can understand a scatter that’s a little more fair, but why on earth would they buff it without, I don’t know, removing the ability to headshot? Hanzo has been needing a hit with the nerfbat for a while on storm arrows, yet instead they just buff it

1 Like

I think my brain tried to protect itself by forgetting about it once i read it

Yes, because hanzo was certainly struggling and SA is definitely a weak ability

Blance is dead and they somehow managed to dig the tanking grave even deeper

12 Likes

OMG I love the Moira jump Buff.

Its amazing.

Just tested it

4 Likes

Definitely off the mark… again

Like what? Why buff Hanzo? Cassidy I get because they keep trying this change(though I also don’t get why they keep trying it if they keep dropping it) but like, why Hanzo? What’s the big idea guys?

I liked the idea of keeping some stuff from the creator experiment, but none of these are ones I would’ve liked to see stick

4 Likes

The Rein changes are a bit strange i Agree. Shatter was already one of the best ultimates in the game without that buff. But if its a very short range, like the area where he strikes the hammer (which it appears to be) then i can live with it.
Was it because Rein hasn’t been meta for a month or two?
Maybe to prepare for OW2.

1 Like

So hanzo can now sonic and then gun you down with storm arrows from around corners (because you know, wallhack and shooting aroudn corners is going to be balanced) and then rein can go hug gravs and shatter and kill like 4 people minimum.

Then mccree and moira can fly.

Who made this patch? Intern?

2 Likes

ok my mind exploded on the hanzo buff

weird how they didnt try to put it in the ExC…

On the one hand, I don’t think this is going to make him broken or OP, but on the other hand, just why? If you get Shattered when Rein’s that close there’s probably a 95% chance you’ll die anyway.

Didn’t they already try this with Cassidy’s current stats and it was rolled back because it pushed him into OP status a little too much?

I can hear complaints about “lucky shots” now, but as someone who misses “Scattah!” I will being enjoying this uniqueness to an otherwise bland damage ability.

Boo! I honestly never understood the complaints about “spin-to-win” considering how rarely it accomplishes the “win” part given that it’s a large target moving in a very predictable pattern.

6 Likes

I can’t wait to test it. It’s such a random change…but I’m not bothered…I hope it makes for some interesting/fun plays :blush:

1 Like

Out of all the decent ideas in the CC experimental… i think they legit took the worst ones possible

8 Likes